Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

and what did make you guys pick her then? i mean cept for obvious troll-reasons

I just love everything about her.

Because she is better then Rachel... OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness...

it was probably time invested in the character already, since i don't really go to the arcade all that much, all the time i went was already invested on this character so i just stuck to my guns.

i haven't got an arcade anywhere near where i live so i have to watch videos cuz i don't know if me laptop can get it and i don't know where to get it

i know that>_> there are no arcades here at all. maybe some leftovers from the eightes...i saw a pacman once...

i could only try her out at a friends, but from the videos i watched she looks like my type:3

I like her character design, color schemes, and she has super trolling ability thanks to her astral heat. Plus litchi's combos are even longer than in CT. -_-

I like the character too. I think I'm gonna check her out when CS comes. I must troll myself.

i sometimes do that with ragnaXD

sadly her dp doesnt work taht well so i guess ill have to look for somethin elseXD

hm i got another gp question:

watched some matchvids of Ten as Tsubaki and saw him going in with her 214 launcher.

so i know this thing isnt safe on block, but could it be worth it to try and RC if its blocked? Does her meter gain allow that or is the 214D method actually safe enough to try?

edit:

as a reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O36qixVnXk

he never really hit with it. no wonder agains tao, but i guess he was fishing for counters anyway

Ohmygoodness actual Tsubaki discussion?! :v: I'm so happy. Shouldn't this be in the Tsubaki general discussion thread though? Oh whatever, I suppose it just went here since it's the most active lol.

I think that Tsubaki needs is some good overheads.In most of the videos, I just watch players block low on her combos all day long and she can't do much except jump and hope it hits or wait until they think you're done with the combo or use that overhead that's about as subtle as someone laughing at a train-wreck while standing on a dead body. The same could be said about Noel's normal overhead as well but this is not the place for that. I guess what I'm saying is she needs some more mix-up options as well?

Pretty much nobody except Ara in curse mode and maybe Lamda with tk scythe have overheads that should hit many people. You are probably better off trying to 'frame trap' with charge cancels into either normals or throws along with some 22d mixing. I think a simple faster charge time would go a long way since once she has charge she can compete fairly well. Maybe a better DP without charge as well.

Yea, I get what you're saying but I guess it's just kinda frustrating to see a lot of the higher tier characters just block low most of the time, maybe stand up and stretch their legs, but when Tsubaki blocks low they have more options to get an overhead hit on her. Not gonna lie, I looooove mix-up, which is why I main'd Millia in GG and Noel (lol Noel mix-up) in BB, so I'm probably just being picky and biased.

Geez, I looked at Tsubaki's matchup chart right now, and she's way better than I thought. Almost all her matches are just 4/6. The way people talk about her, it's like every matchup is 7-3 against her. I was looking at it wondering how it would compare to CT Hakumen and this is a breeze. Geez I want to main her even more now. But that means giving up all the progress from Hakumen I made... :psyduck:

Geez, I looked at Tsubaki's matchup chart right now, and she's way better than I thought. Almost all her matches are just 4/6. The way people talk about her, it's like every matchup is 7-3 against her. I was looking at it wondering how it would compare to CT Hakumen and this is a breeze. Geez I want to main her even more now. But that means giving up all the progress from Hakumen I made... :psyduck:

Allow me to talk you out of it:

Tsubaki is a rushdown character who has shitty damage and who can only get good damage from charging. By charging, you lose all pressure you had on your opponent. Most characters don't allow Tsubaki the space to charge. Even with charge, most of her damaging stuff is off of unsafe moves and only in the corner.

That said, 22[D] leads to nice damage at midscreen and is easy to pull off, her combos are easy, and she's really fast and fun.

Basically, she's easy to play but crap-tastic at the same time. If she had some way to charge more efficiently and at a significant amount too while maintaining pressure, she would be a much better character. Here's hoping she gets more moves that increase charge after CS =[

Allow me to talk you out of it:

Tsubaki is a rushdown character who has shitty damage and who can only get good damage from charging. By charging, you lose all pressure you had on your opponent. Most characters don't allow Tsubaki the space to charge. Even with charge, most of her damaging stuff is off of unsafe moves and only in the corner.

That said, 22[D] leads to nice damage at midscreen and is easy to pull off, her combos are easy, and she's really fast and fun.

Yes, BUT. As bad as all that sounds, in the end most of the matchups are 4/6. That means there must be ways to make it work. 4/6 is a walk in the park.

Plus, her charge / meter, only has pressure in the corner, and unsafe moves is basically like Hakumen. Nothing new for me.

I'll probably stay with Hakumen out of loyalty to my character and the time I put into him but I will mess around with Tsubaki definitely. Oh and unlike Hakumen her Mugen is actually practical. :eng101:

Yes, BUT. As bad as all that sounds, in the end most of the matchups are 4/6. That means there must be ways to make it work. 4/6 is a walk in the park.

Plus, her charge / meter, only has pressure in the corner, and unsafe moves is basically like Hakumen. Nothing new for me.

I'll probably stay with Hakumen out of loyalty to my character and the time I put into him but I will mess around with Tsubaki definitely. Oh and unlike Hakumen her Mugen is actually practical. :eng101:

Her mugen is, again, only with charge, only in the corner, and only off of throws. Meet all of these requirements and it's still hard to time. Try doing Grab>214214D>22D>combo. It's hard to get the 22D to hit, since you have to mash out the install really quickly. Also, basing how good a character is off of a matchup chart is pretty silly.

What else would you base the goodness of a character on? :psyduck:

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, I don't pick characters based on their matchups I pick them based on whether I like them. I was just surprised since I thought every matchup would be like 8-2 or something.

Slayer, I think that will actually work in our favor, the same way Tager can own players online because people make mistakes and don't play the matchup the way they should, giving us lower tier characters a lot more openings than we would otherwise have.

What else would you base the goodness of a character on? :psyduck:

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, I don't pick characters based on their matchups I pick them based on whether I like them. I was just surprised since I thought every matchup would be like 8-2 or something.

Slayer, I think that will actually work in our favor, the same way Tager can own players online because people make mistakes and don't play the matchup the way they should, giving us lower tier characters a lot more openings than we would otherwise have.

Mac, as soon as CS comes out, I demand we play Haku vs Tsubaki and you 6D>Tsubaki loop me. IT MUST BE DONE

I don't see the point of comparing a certain character in a previous game is to a character to this version of the game gona prove anything if their style of play and what not are different through match up charts. Plus the CT top 3 back then were pretty much lolz compare to CS top 3, imo.

And anything saying about Tsubaki now is only refers to the arcade Tsubaki, since console version might have tweaks or what not which would make a world of difference in argument/comparison.

I don't see the point of comparing a certain character in a previous game is to a character to this version of the game gona prove anything if their style of play and what not are different through match up charts. Plus the CT top 3 back then were pretty much lolz compare to CS top 3, imo.

And anything saying about Tsubaki now is only refers to the arcade Tsubaki, since console version might have tweaks or what not which would make a world of difference in argument/comparison.

Firstly: Learn to speak english. Secondly: The console rebalancing isn't happening out of the box, it's going to be a patch 6 months after the release.

It was just for a frame of reference, Zaido. Like that way I can see if it would be a similar experience to playing Hakumen in CT or something in terms of the wall you'd have to climb to make a difference against other characters. And good point, the top tier in CS is way less powerful than CT's...

Mac, as soon as CS comes out, I demand we play Haku vs Tsubaki and you 6D>Tsubaki loop me. IT MUST BE DONE

It's a promise. :eng101:

OH well, excuse me... I am sorry I did not double check and proof read what I just typed when I posted, cause I thought i would just give a personal opinion on why basing a characters match up chart to actually playing the character would mean much.

BBCS being patched 6 month after is news to me, since i didn't know so... now I know!

MAC: well i am only saying that the top 3 in CT made the game feel pretty hard as hakumen... And i am not trying to convince you not to play the character, I feel you should play who you want, and whatever you think its your opinion, but i was only giving my opinion on saying top 3 in CT made the game pretty one sided most of the time.

That is so true. Haku utterly fails against zoners. Guess what the top 3 happen to be? If Haku remained completely the same in CS, he would have way less trouble still against the top 3.