Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

even though it doesnt quite fitXD:

i play hakumen too, but i dont really think its that bad for him. Yes if you play against someone who knows what hes doing its hard, but how many of those are there outside of japan? not to talk bad about americans and my fellow europeans, but its not that people actually devote themselves to this game that much, that they could play their matchups as good as possible.

i guerss the same thing goes for tsubaki too. shes fast and most people, especially online dont even care that theres a block button. her shield-rush attack is better then jins ice car(well only the d version i guess, but still), combos are easy, so few unintentionallydropped combos and a good anti-air make a pretty solid character i think.

well there you have it:P

Actually she'll be worse online because people WON'T be blocking. They'll be mashing. And Tsubaki's normals lose to mash. Her DPs will also trade a lot with random normals :). And she's actually not really a solid character haha. But you guys will find this out when you play vs real players :).

Stuff like 22D unblockable depends entirely on how careful the other player is. If you're playing scrubs who mash, they're going to hit you out of it, which could become annoying.

I doubt 22D would be too useful either. People jump all day online which isn't really too good for Tsubaki from the looks of it. This makes air grabs very easy though.

Random thought, I predict that 236D will be Tsubaki's scrub move online. Afterwards, a dp or a grab.

That is if there are a lot of Tsubaki players online in the first place. I have a feeling she'll be somewhat popular at first but I don't think a lot of people will stick with her unless something happens with the rebalance that they may or may not do later down the line. But then again online gameplay is different, so I could be wrong.

I think she'd be quite popular actually. Her moves look real flashy even for normals, and how most of her moves have a second hit makes her appealing to beginners.

236 anything is gonna be spammed for sure :/

She'll be popular until they get tired of losing to the other characters :v:

From what I've experienced, most (not all but most) online want to win. I could easily be wrong for sure it's just that I see more people using characters that they're sure they are going to win with. Tsubaki has flashy moves but they can only take it so far before they might become frustrated...

I know but I was going under the assumption that we were talking about ranked "scrubs" and not player match "scrubs". If it's player matches then usually they stick with their character come hell or high water. I'm a lonely person though so all I can play is ranked. :vbang:

It's okay, scrubs don't know that Tsubaki's 236x excluding D version is disadvantage on COUNTER HIT.

It's okay, scrubs don't know that Tsubaki's 236x excluding D version is disadvantage on COUNTER HIT.

Online scrubs press buttons other than D?

Wouldn't you always want to combo it though?

Wouldn't you always want to combo it though?

Scrubs know how to combo? :v::psyduck: WHERE HAVE I BEEN ALL THIS TIME?