Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Yayoi - General Discussion

I'm playing her for what's under dat "hat".

The hat is awesome. I want that hat.

I'll be maining Tsubaki when the game comes out for console. Really can't wait. The person I play with is going to main Ragna though... Oh well. My win/loss is already terrible as it is.

I liked her concept art way more though. When I saw her actual sprite my first reaction was: 'lol what she just looks stupid'. But the more I saw her playstyle the more she drew my attention. And now i'm a tsubaki main with some occasional ragna trolling when I get bored.

Also, i'll see If I can find that concept art back.

EDIT: haha look at all the stupid hats they could have given her. I'm glad they went with the one they did if you look at these.

4sdt7t.png

And here is her concept art. She looks way more badass and something about that pictures screams: 'high rank soldier here, your in trouble now'

2wo9gky.png

there are some nice hats on that picture though. the one on the lower left corner is niceXD

the CA really looks better though. some cold glare instead of her imgonnasaveyou-look would make her more badass already

The top most right one would have looked pretty though she's not wearing a hat. Ponytail ftw.

Who else is playing Tsubaki because of her hat?

Not just that, but the hat flapping during her charge is one of the best things in CS.

From the very first time I saw her, Tsubaki's hat has always reminded me of this.

Discworld_Postal.jpg

That could be fixed by just adjusting proration on her combo starters. I was playing around yesterday, and occasionally a CPU would block 5B, but then eat the followup move. 5BB 2BB 5CC 236A 214A 22C was doing like 2200 damage rather than the usually ~1900. It's not a huge change, but if 5B had the same proration as the 5B followup, then most of her combos would get pretty large increase in damage I would think.

Most of Tsubaki's Follow up Normals have better prorate then her initial normals.

I saw the concept art and while I thought it looked pretty cool at the time (still looks cool now), I'm glad they went with the current design. It seems that all of the library folks have some unique style incorporated into their outfits and that concept art is almost too close to traditional military garb.

I don't know how many of you have seen it (probably all of you because it's also in BB gen) but here's the Dengeki article on Tsubaki with all her awesome CS story mode character portraits ;3

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/264/264387/

EDIT: I just realized this is my 1,000th post! :toot: It really isn't much to celebrate about but eh.

I don't know how many of you have seen it (probably all of you because it's also in BB gen) but here's the Dengeki article on Tsubaki with all her awesome CS story mode character portraits ;3

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/264/264387/

EDIT: I just realized this is my 1,000th post! :toot: It really isn't much to celebrate about but eh.

Very pretty pictures, looking forward to CS's story mode even more now :kitty:

I play a character based on how the person looks not because of the clothing. plus i never liked tager because the only characters i really like are women and it will be that way for a long time.

So small details on Unlimited Tsubaki that was posted in BB gen... it's not finished btw, this is just what they've found out so far.

-Charge Speed Greatly Increased

-Quick Charge

-Can cancel the end of a special attaack into a Quick Charge to gain 1

meter.

-Dash and Aerial Dash much faster

if they didnt notice anymore there wont be so much huge stuff in her unlimited version. poop if you ask me

What would be cool is if they blow our minds and she gets some super amazing shit.

Slightly off-topic but I just wanna say that Litchi's CS unlimited form is the most interesting for me :psyduck:

What would be cool is if they blow our minds and she gets some super amazing shit.

Slightly off-topic but I just wanna say that Litchi's CS unlimited form is the most interesting for me :psyduck:

I can only think of ways to make Tsubaki worse, sadly :(

-Charging puts you in CH state -Charging doesn't add charge meter -Charging does nothing -5B's range is worse -2C is removed -All supers removed -Not able to RC -Counter assault makes you lose health