Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

BuruRaji D - BlazBlue Radio Discussion [The new season!!]

They also had some good anime/game references in this episode. Like that homage to Pheonix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban where Ragna is being that guy from I think it was game 3? And Noel did the Objection thing. lol

Cheer up, yo~ D:

Rachel-sama, you may call me obaka-san anytime you want.丶(≧∇≦)ノ Also lol @ Nakamura x Sugita and 「と」 being exaggerated for Kakky at the end of the show because of a previous part.

Can't wait for June! More picking on Kon-chan~

Woah, BuruRaji ended? that sucks.
Spring Raid is finished. If you actually watched until the end, you would have seen:

みんあ、今でも

ありがとう…

そして、

これからも…

予告

PROJECT ”BB" TEAM

2010年06月

再開

So, basically:

Everyone, thank you for everything so far...

And even after this...

Advance Notice

PROJECT "BB" TEAM

June, 2010

It's coming back~

...I think Tetsuya Kakihara has become my new hero XD

Also, definitely looking forward to Yuichi Nakamura's appearance on Bururaji! (He hasn't been on yet has he?)

What does Nanaya even mean anyways?

Well it all realy depnds on what characters are used to make the name, but if it's similar to Tsukihime then it'll be "Seven Nights"

So are we to believe Makoto is of Orient decent then? It seems most of the noble families are, the only non asian sounding family were the Vermillions but of course they are no longer of such status.

Well it all realy depnds on what characters are used to make the name, but if it's similar to Tsukihime then it'll be "Seven Nights"

So are we to believe Makoto is of Orient decent then? It seems most of the noble families are, the only non asian sounding family were the Vermillions but of course they are no longer of such status.

It's written using katakana (or hiragana, I still can't tell), so there's no translation.

I don't think Makoto is from a noble family because if she were, I doubt she would get made fun of at the military academy even if she's a human-like, but that's just speculation on my part.

I believe Nanaya is in katakana = ナナヤ

Oh I know Makoto isn't a noble, I was just pointing out most of the nobles have asian-esque names, however it appears all the characters names are written in katakana so really there names don't mean anything persay, I wonder why they did that? Since there are no more "countries" did all languages just loose their meanings? And what is the language? Kagutsuchian? I'm thinking too much x.x

But as far as Makoto's family name it technically doesn't mean anything just "Nanaya" but for the sake of being cool lets just say it mean "Seven Nights" :3 <3 Tsukihime

She actually says she's from a poor family in Teach me miss Litchi! IIRC, although that could be a lie because that thing is as canon as Blazblue doujins.

^ That could still be true actually. The interactions between the characters aren't canon, as in they won't talk about the time they went to Ms. Litchi's office and taught Tao how to be a vigilante, but the information they present is canon.

Ehhhhhhhhh..

Nanaya can be anything........

it's too vague.

you can even call her 菜々や(and that is just a cute name without meaning.)

(Makoto's also a very popuplar name.......just like Daisuke .....)

Names with obvious meanings are obvious in this game.

but, you can't expect a 'explanation/meaning' out of ALL of the names.

For example, Carl. make a deeper meaning of that.

or Taokaka for that matters.....

sometime name's just a name, let's not think way to hard now :v:.......

but most of litchi sensei's classes are Canon ..material, just presented in a very ..non-canon-way.

pretty sure they still stand in BB universe.

Kagutsuchi could be like.............in the middle of Europe or something?.........LOL.

(judging by everyone's geological origin and all those junks ...ahahaha)

...I think Tetsuya Kakihara has become my new hero XD

Also, definitely looking forward to Yuichi Nakamura's appearance on Bururaji! (He hasn't been on yet has he?)

Guests that have appeared on the show:
  • Takahashi Chiaki aka Litchi Faye-Ling
  • Ishiwatari Daisuke and we all know who he is.
  • Hikida Takashi aka Arakune
  • Ueda Kana aka Rachel Alucard
  • Kakihara Tetsuya aka Jin Kisaragi
  • Koyama Tsuyoshi aka Shishigami Bang
  • Isomura Tomomi aka Makoto Nanaya
  • Matsura Chie aka Kokonoe
  • Saitou Chiwa aka Taokaka aka the only person who's beaten Sugita in "Battle! Battle!!"

So yeah, missing Nakamura, Sawashiro Miyuki for Carl, the-dood-who-voices-Tager orz.... Valkenhayn and Jubei would be cool guests. Hmm.

Someone needs to bring the English cast of BB in on this...they'd have a blast. :kitty:

They'd need an interpreter, though. And that's no fun on a comedic radio show.

Uwa, forgot to respond to this :3

Ehhhhhhhhh..

Nanaya can be anything........

it's too vague.

you can even call her 菜々や(and that is just a cute name without meaning.)

(Makoto's also a very popuplar name.......just like Daisuke .....)

Names with obvious meanings are obvious in this game.

but, you can't expect a 'explanation/meaning' out of ALL of the names.

For example, Carl. make a deeper meaning of that.

or Taokaka for that matters.....

sometime name's just a name, let's not think way to hard now :v:.......

We weren't trying to find meaning in everything, it's just common for family names in Asian territories to hold some significance so the person was merely asking if Makoto's family name "Nanaya" meant anything and since it was written with mere katakana I merely replied "nope" but if you do want to get down to it most names do hold meaning, if you're willing to look, but that's the end of that subject...

Someone needs to bring the English cast of BB in on this...they'd have a blast. :kitty:

YES!!! However English VAs are nothing like Japanese seiyuu, they don't have the same dedication and general enjoyment that their eastern counter parts have (without the right incentive $$$) so this'll porbably never happen. Extra stuff like this in general is rare in the US outside the occasional audio commentary found on anime DVDs (which suck most of the time >.>) the only example I can think of is when the special edition boxes of the 1st season of Code Geass included audio dramas re-dubed by the VAs, it was so AWESOME! Too bad they didn't do it for the 2nd season...all they gave out were the inferior manga ver of the show...(but that didn't stop me from buying it >.> ... <.< ... o.o)

They'd need an interpreter, though. And that's no fun on a comedic radio show.

Umm I think you're misunderstanding Blade's suggestion (or maybe I am lol) but I believe he was talking about the VAs doing their own original stuff (or possibly re-dub old eps, although that wouldn't be as awesome as the 1st option)