Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kosmos badgirl

BuruRaji D - BlazBlue Radio Discussion [The new season!!]

Original stuff would probably be boring only because not only am I not in touch with English VAs, but because of how different we treat that stuff compared to Japan.

I mean heck, I'd rather they dub the dinky drama CDs first instead of gunning for an original radio show that most people won't listen/watch anyway.

They'd need an interpreter, though. And that's no fun on a comedic radio show.
Having Sugita translate would be hilarious. Or Ueda Kana because her English isn't up to par with most seiyuu I've paid attention to. ChiwaChiwa is pretty good at English iirc.

We could pull a Moetan Radio over them if any of the English cast is decent in moon language. Pretty sure there's one English VA who actually is fluent in Japanese, I just don't remember which one or if he's in BB. orz

I don't think it will be a good idea to have the English VAs do a show. They don't have the same public image like Japanese VAs do. They only voice act, and that's it. Japanese VAs on the other hand participate in a lot of public events, plus they sing and maybe even act in dramas and the like.

English VAs...most of them we've never seen or even heard about. I suppose someone who goes to a lot of anime conventions might be acquainted with them though.

you do know that the christina vee hosts a show with johnny young bosch right? or was that wendy lee?

some voice actors actually do TV shows...and you would know about them or looked them up if you like the voice...

sucks that your right though.

Not to mention some of the English VAs for Blazblue are uncredited.

Edit: I just realized a good majority of them are credited, only a few aren't my bad. Changed my post.

I don't think it will be a good idea to have the English VAs do a show. They don't have the same public image like Japanese VAs do. They only voice act, and that's it. Japanese VAs on the other hand participate in a lot of public events, plus they sing and maybe even act in dramas and the like.
Pretty sure a lot of English VAs also sing..... Now, if only I could spoiler tag my seiyuu jabber.

A little unsure what you mean by public image, lol.

We can graps a seiyuu's image, manufactured or not, through radio shows, DVD/BD specials. Sometimes there are tracks on drama CDs where the cast just talks.

Then there's the real "seiyuu idol" part, something Imai Asami is sort of famous for because of her being in the ever popular Idolmaster. I forget if Kuwashima Houko does any real radio shows because she was on Say!You Young earlier this month and her agency did try to make her an idol.... Anyway, Orikasa Fumiko is one of the more popular voices who isn't in the limelight. Kugimiya Rie, as popular as she is, is usually too busy working to do any public events. That's why the Taiwanese went crazy when she went over there.

And there are faceless seiyuu, mostly the ones who only do eroge. These guys don't do any events and stuff, though some are appearing in the light — Sakurai Harumi as Yurippe in Angel Beats! for example.

Singing is a requirement in voice acting school. And it's okay if they suck because Noto Mamiko ohgodstoppingnow.

Dramas.... Depends. Some seiyuu have appeared on dramas at a younger age before really becoming a seiyuu [Kitamura Eri, Chiba Saeko, Horie Yui], some are multi-talented [Yuuki Aoi, Miyano Mamoru, Tomatsu Haruka?] and some have done theatre stuff. Sawashiro Miyuki is the only real name that I can think right now, but she was in this play thing with Mizuki Nana, Suzumura Ken'ichi, Sugita Tomokazu and Konishi Katsuyuki with Wakamoto Norio being the narrator. And Namikawa Daisuke is making some weird movie with a bunch of seiyuu in it and Takahashi Chiaki is hilarious in the clip I've seen.

.... Totally forgot that there are ex-models/singers/actors that sort of dived into the seiyuu business — Fukui Yukari, Kobayashi Yu, Takabe Ai (ry

tl;dr

Voice acting is srs bsns in Japan. Not sure how voicing in a video game gets paid because anime is by the episode and eroge is by the word, but.... :V

Didn't somebody say that the last episode was the final episode. :psyduck: Glad their making more.

The previous episode was awesome, especially with how they introduced themselves in english. :yaaay: They should really get all the seiyuus to play against each other using the characters they did voice work for. That would be neat. Like in that other episode.

Good ep. I guess i'll have to be on the lookout for those PS3 BBCS Skins for the outside of the console.

From the new episode:

2d1th8w.jpg

Any idea what this could be?

Are there any more translations of new episodes? I haven't gotten my fix of Bururaji in a long time.

Well on the poster, it says stuff about Blazblue Storyline and crap >_>. The thing it right next to Ragna says "Hajimari 0 no monogatari" or The story of Beginning 0. So something about the origins for the storyline of Blazblue? Or perhaps explore the characters pasts more?

But yea >_> That's about all I can discern from the poster with my fail japanese skills D:

Oh the event is on a Friday August 20th :D

From the new episode:

2d1th8w.jpg

Any idea what this could be?

It's a novel. The same novel that was announced back in February at BuruFes Spring Raid too. Comes out on August 20. It's called "BlazBlue Phase 0" and it's published by Fujimi Shobo under their Dragon Book label.

Tager's VA Momoya Kenji is the next guest on BuruRaji XO

can't wait :D

Oh and Emma, isn't that a light novel?

Are there any more translations of new episodes? I haven't gotten my fix of Bururaji in a long time.

Akubitto posted the last part of the second Spring Raid event a few weeks ago, but hasn't translated it yet, and AFAIK, he's the only one translating Bururaji.

Tager's VA Momoya Kenji is the next guest on BuruRaji XO

can't wait :D

Oh and Emma, isn't that a light novel?

Nomura Kenji. :v:

I think it's just a novel, like GG's Lightning the Argent.

Nomura Kenji. :v:

I think it's just a novel, like GG's Lightning the Argent.

LOL I only had 4 hours sleep and I make such an obvious mistake XD

still the novel sounds interesting, tbh opening of BBCT when I first watched it was hell confusing @_@

It's a novel. The same novel that was announced back in February at BuruFes Spring Raid too. Comes out on August 20. It's called "BlazBlue Phase 0" and it's published by Fujimi Shobo under their Dragon Book label.

Isn't the Dragon Book label for RPGs?

Isn't the Dragon Book label for RPGs?

Yeah, that's correct. It initially took me by surprise when I found out about the label this novel is published under. But that was awhile back. I was sure people here already knew about this novel by now, but I guess not.

Oh yeah... they mentioned the novel at the Q&A's at Fanime.

One of you Japanese speakers had best get it and at least give us a vague summary...

This episode was fantastic. :psyduck: It seems they changed the logo and sounds. That gag where everybody turns old was funny. I also liked the drawings Tsubaki, Ragna, and Noel made when they were doing that drawing part of the episode. Did anyone else notice the references to various anime in those funny images they show through out the episode? Anyways, I'm still not able to understand what they are saying, although today's guest seemed to be Paracelsus.

The fan art they showed this time around seemed to be these doodles of various characters.

Also, that was neat that there was a part of the episode that had to do with Ragna's Astral Finish. It was also neat when Noel and Tsubaki where also saying the lines for it too.

Lots of neat stuff in this episode. :psyduck: It was great overall. :yaaay: