Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlashMetroid

[GGAC] Jam Match-up Thread

Any advice with frame trapping? I just do 5K into 2P over and over again.... and eventually I try to go for a throw. Is there any other options out there? Although I am not very good at keeping the 5K into 2P going forever, for example, sometimes 6K comes out or I am pushed too far away and the opponent can escape. Any advice?

BTW, against Pot, I resorted to using only one tactic.. I run away to the opposite side of the screen by backwards air dash or whatever. I constantly jump or double jump mixing it up so to avoid the pot full screen knockdown, slide head I think the name was... Then I charge up ryuijin whenever I get the chance before Pot gets close or pins me to the wall. Then I randomly wait for Pot to either do a move and dragon kick in while I'm in the air or dragon kick across the screen to escape.. Being in the air and hitting him with the dragon kick was key, every now and then when I feel gutsy, I throw out a 214K but that was it for the entire match... I did not care for tension.. I only cared about the cards or even if I did not have one, I can jump high enough, dragon kick to escape. So.. I did not even try to follow up with a combo after the wall bounce off of dragon kick because if he techs in time, he would be close enough to do his thing. Well the match was funny, it was painful and dam.. I just wanted to share it with everyone LOL!

I found an answer to Order Sol and now am having so much more problems with Sol. Order Sol, I just spam 2S, well... I spam a spaced out 2S, it beats everything... and random air backdash into 214K to avoid the flaming uppercut. 2S tracks his gun blaze which is amazing, it hit him out of it, even when he is on the opposite side of me.

Sol gives me a hard time because of his constant pressure and his air game. His GV gives me a lot of trouble. How would you gain the initiative when Sol seems to be always on the attack?

The character I've played against most is a Sol, but I don't know if the Sol you play has the same play style as my friend... with that being said: I've learned to run away and wait for a chance to punish, which might not suit your play style, but I've had to force myself to stop being so unsafe and just wait. Sol has 2 overheads: Bandit Bringer (236 > Hold P) and Riot Stomp (214K). 6P beats them both. With Bandit Bringer, the first hit will clash, and the 2nd hit will CH stagger him. Because these are his only 2 overheads, you should be blocking low unless you see one of these coming (and of course Dust). Doing this, GV shouldn't give you any problem. Also, if you end up blocking a GV, 6H > H right afterwards. Practice parrying Bandit Bringer. You can also get a free throw after blocking a Bandit Revolver (236P). His pokes will outreach yours, and he can usually shutdown your ground game with Gunflame (try not to Puffball from far away). You just have to be patient and wait for him to give you an opportunity to attack. Bait his VV's (flaming uppercut). Sol's love to do this on wakeup so just stand/jump over them and FD if you know it's coming. With frame tapping I TRY to do the same thing you do but most of the time it doesn't work out: I'll end up wiffing a 6K or something (bad news). If they're going to block, just go into the ground gatling: 5H > 6H > 6P > 5H > 6H > 5H. After any of the 5H (3 hits) you can throw, given that they're not too far away from you, or get an FD off during the string. Also, sometimes they'll think the string is over after 6H > 5H and try to counter, but your 6P will already be coming out and you get a nice free CH Stagger into a jacked guard bar. Hope some of this helps :D

Bandit Bringer (236 > Hold P)

Bandit Revolver (236P)

Those inputs are incorrect.

Bandit Bringer (236 > hold K)

Bandit Revolver (236K)

Sol has 2 overheads: Bandit Bringer (236 > Hold P) and Riot Stomp (214K). 6P beats them both. With Bandit Bringer, the first hit will clash, and the 2nd hit will CH stagger him. Because these are his only 2 overheads, you should be blocking low unless you see one of these coming (and of course Dust).

You can parry either move and get a free combo.

Another overhead worth mentioning is IAD j.S (he knocks you down, GF, FRC, IAD, j.S, which can hit as a cross-up, or he can do nothing, land and go for a low hit/Command Grab).

His pokes will outreach yours, and he can usually shutdown your ground game with Gunflame (try not to Puffball from far away).

Depending on the distance, you can IAD over the GF and get a free combo (if he doesn't FRC the GF, that is).

Those inputs are incorrect.

Bandit Bringer (236 > hold K)

Bandit Revolver (236K)

You can parry either move and get a free combo.

Another overhead worth mentioning is IAD j.S (he knocks you down, GF, FRC, IAD, j.S, which can hit as a cross-up, or he can do nothing, land and go for a low hit/Command Grab).

Depending on the distance, you can IAD over the GF and get a free combo (if he doesn't FRC the GF, that is).

Sorry about the wrong inputs, I don't play Sol (and I guess I wasn't paying attention when I did them in practice mode).

The Sol I play loves to FRC gunflame. If I land too far away he can out poke me, even when the jH cross-up hits.

And you should always parry things you KNOW you can parry. 6P is a much safer alternative.

I'm having some problems with Johnny and Ky. My buddy plays johnny like a walking counter, he's so patient that I eventually have to rush him down and he'll just poke my ass to death. If I play defensively the match doesn't go anywhere, and he knows i'll rush him (i suppose i have a nasty habit of IAD straight into him). Anyone know how to approach him without being smacked around, i know dash canceling is immensly helpful but anything else?

Try to bait him to whiff and the FB. he will be more careful next time he will throw an attack.. and yeah, try not to be predictable, if it's coming from the air with SJ, or dashing in, or even do puffballs just out of range so you might counter his pokes.(for well... around 200 dmg t.t)

As for Ky, it's a very easy matchup IMO. (my easiest indeed... along with Anji). wait for stricking edges, and FB puffball as you will just go right under it, and smack him on the wall for a loop-rape session. if he rushes you down, 2S is your best friend... stagger -> rape! A long dash into 2D at Oki will pass right through (under) his dragon puch, if you feel he will DP you at oki. I don't even use burst-cancelling, but if you can do that once or twice on the first rounds, he will be scared of using CSE at your oki. Learn to parry his overhead-thing (214+K I think).

err yep that's the goddies written on paper in Ky Match up *watch your spacing when he do SE, the closer the better things he can do with SE to punish Burst Rush is Frc SD knock down or CSE->FB that lead to 150~180 dmg(with Puff ball FB it'll mostlikely trade hit) *2s is god like -> no complain on this one *Long dash 2d Oki indeed will go through VT but Good Ky Player will rarely do VT, RTL is much better option for all or nothing and of course blocking on wake up is the best option Ky player has + GS reversal will crossup and punish Jam 2D anyway with tension to spend, his SE presure is realy solid DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THAT!

2k also goes under his dp and leaves you better off on block than 2d due to options. You can't really get predictable with 236s because he can stun dipper it on reaction for a free combo. Also, he can 6p FB PB if you get predictable with that too. As for his oki, just blocking it is generally the best option, except against cse where you have the option to parry.

I have a really hard time against my friend's Pot with Jam, which is weird, because I generally stomp him with every character I use, but Jam has always been a rough matchup for me against his Pot (even worse than Slayer o_O). So, my problems. If I approach from the air, 2HS xx megafist beats everything (for absurd amounts of damage) and is pretty safe. If I'm really on top of things I can FD the 2HS and parry the megafist, but sometimes I forget and just eat the 2HS CH style =P All of my oki except 6HS gets pot bustered, and half the time when I try to 6HS I get a reflector to the face (which is damn near death). Also, two mistakes is generally death =( He also IB pot busters my air approaches more against Jam than anyone else I play for some reason. I can't approach him safely with Jam at all, and he's more patient than I am.

Practice. Go read a faq or two. Practice more. Watch some vids. Practice more. And when you're done, start practicing again. Go to a friend and kick the hell out of him. If you lose, go practice more. If you win, go practice anyway because you still suck.

I am just going to throw this out there, but any advice for the match up versus Dizzy?

Jam 2p,2s and j.p kill Dizzy ... what the hell this match up is ridiculous :vbang:

I think we play Jam BECAUSE we suck:lol:

second that :lol:

In regards to Dizzy, when you are trapped in the corner and you see Dizzy summon her Bubble, there is a 2-3 frame window for you to 5P out of your dire situation.

Yes indeed.

Any help against Ky?

Please refer to the first post in this thread by FlashMetroid. If you need further assistance, please specify your inquiry.

-Bluewindz

uh...ok I have problems with j.HS and j.S, I cant beat that thing because everytime I jump at ky, he does that, and he likes to whore that ·$%& j.HS like theres no tomorrow