Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlashMetroid

[GGAC] Jam Match-up Thread

I personally use SJ AD 214K on eddie cuz he cant anti air and random iad d only while eddie is out and is recovering from something Being an established Axl and Jam im gonna say that the match is just free and you dont need help on that lol Baiken bait counter and get to work Testament is a pain just RUSH THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!

Axl is easy once you are in. Be conservative with frame traps as you don't want to eat too many catches (I'd 2p a bit, and 6h is a perfect catch bait thanks to it's long start-up. No counter, but you should be in range for at least 1 loop a few hits and knockdown, after which the game is yours). Getting knocked down by him is also not scary at all. Try to stay on the ground and only go airborne if you know exactly what's coming. Like previous poster said, rush down testa from the air, the only thing he can counter you with is 6k. Read it right once and it's over, testa is completely defenseless against you in close range. Clear webs slowly, and trees and forward exe beast are nothing to worry about (although forward exebeast is a bit dangerous in the corner, but not a problem if you get in one or two good FD). I have not played any baiken so I cannot comment, I'd say it's going to be a baitfest. You can't pressure her, but it doesn't really matter imo. Baiken takes way too much damage anyways. For eddie, try to stay right above him, as he can't punish you in that situation. Not easy, but it's the safest location. As for eddie's pressure, it's going to be something that you just have to build from experience. There are only so many set ups for eddie's pressure (I think about a dozen?), so given enough exposure, you should be able to nail down what kind of mix up he is going for. For me, I currently have the command throw types down somewhat, which is basically anything that goes into the draw-in thing, in addition to a 2p, turning the entire set into a simple tick throw. That's by far the easiest to see, and should be mastered immediately (there are a few other variations off this iirc, but learn one before the next). One reversal throw and the entire fight gets turned around. Edit: Oh, missed a point, not sure if everyone know this. Regarding axl's single unblockable set up, if the beat count is above 20 or so, start meshing, it's techable.

thanks for the suggestions, that´ll help ! one more thing, i accepted a money match with coungster, so i´d like to hear your tricks for johnny ! i know it´s a matchup jam should win, but he´s undoubtably the better player...thx in advance

That should be a realative easy matchup. I playerd against a really good Johnny, and those are my conclusions: 1- FB pufballs for life, they broke up all Johnny´s game. 2- Get close with a 2+K / IAD 214+K 3- Be afraid in you wake ups if he´s on the air, the j.HS > KJ frc can be ended in so many forms, including cross ups, high-low hits and throw baits. 4- Block low always. Johnny´s overheads are so slow (D) and the TK ensenga are normally used only on random ground hits and pressure strings on the corner (if you´re cornered, try to parry the TK ensenga, they´ll normally RC it to dash into you with a j.K / j.S), a free S (CH) > whatever midscreen combo you like after it is guaranteed. 5- Just play calmed and more deffensive than normal, each Johnny combo with lv.2 means a 50-80% of life.

Man, Testament. How do I deal with this guy!? Lol. I have some things figured out, but man it's too hard. That silly corner pressure; that j.hs; and his pokes seems to beat mine most of the time (far S among other things). Puffballing is too risky against him thanks to those stupid tree's and Zeinests. It's probably the pressure that's the most annoying thing. I find that dashing in and using 6p as he's laying a Zeinest is a good move, since the punch goes right through it and hits Testy, netting you a nice combo. IAD (or even normal) Hurricane works well too against his front EXE Beast. Maybe I just need to learn how to parry more :(

You are probably just being impatient. For beating testa's pokes, don't even try when he has you cornered, he is going to do things well out of your range. Burst rush is only usable if you know how to distance control it really well, ie stop right in front of the tree. First thing when cornered, just block (not like he is going to do much to your guard bar anyways) and FD. Shouldn't be too hard to find an opening to jump out after you get use to it. He can blow you out of the air with 6k, but if he guess wrong once, it's over. Testa has no way of stopping Jam up close. Warden(SP?) and Nightmare Circular are easily beatable.

I was actually going to ask about Test too. But I need some help with Chipp and Sol. they always seem to get the best of me with their rush downs.

Testament only gets difficult to deal with once you give him time to set traps and if he has crow mark on you. And this will inevitably happen after you get thrown or sometime after he just finished comboing you. I think the biggest factor in being able to consistently beat Testament is whether you can safely deal with his zoning ability or not. For example, disarm trees by super jumping towards them, and then IADing back. SJ and IAD completely over them if it's safe. If there are air webs, I either use j.D or j.S to disable them. Sometimes you'll be able to take out a few nets and trees all in one shot, and other times it's going to be a multi-step process. In any case, you're going to have to do this while staying out of Testament's 6HS, j.D, and air throw range, and try not to jump in the air unless you have tension for your drop back down. To get rid of ground webs, I use 5S and 5P. 5P recovers really fast but you have to get closer to set the webs off. 5S covers more distance and has similar range to 6P when setting webs off but it recovers faster than 6P so I prefer using that. And I guess it goes without saying but do all of this without getting clipped by one of Testament's pokes. Knowing when is a good time to throw out a move is something that you'll develop through experience. Like everyone said, patience is pretty important. Don't panic when you have the crow on you, or if you're poisoned. You might be wanting to get a hit in asap to get those status effects off of you, but you can't rush in, especially when he has traps all over the place. Dash braking is essential against the crow. Usually I'll first find a way to throw Testament before getting a hit in when he has status effects on me. When Testament doesn't have anything out, all he has is 6K, 5P, and 2HS with its random invul properties. And don't predictably IAD too low from midscreen because 6HS will clip you. Otherwise he's got a lot of blind spots that you can take advantage of (basically where his 6K range ends and 6HS range starts). On your wakeup, if he placed a net over you, then that is a really good opportunity to BC through it, or just parry without the BC into throw if Testament did it kinda late and deep.

I would just like to add in that in the pot match, meaty 5k loses to reversal pot buster. Not saying there isn't a place for meaty 5k in this match, due to how lightning fast it is, but don't be surprised when it gets you pb'd if you whore it.

Snip

Yeah I didnt think I had to go in depth with how to get around the traps in stuff but ill add it on just incase people dont know what to do

Also from my experience 5S loses to the webs at basically any range so I use 5P

I would just like to add in that in the pot match, meaty 5k loses to reversal pot buster. Not saying there isn't a place for meaty 5k in this match, due to how lightning fast it is, but don't be surprised when it gets you pb'd if you whore it.

hmmm Im not really technical with this game but im pretty sure you cant PB a meaty someone let me know if im wrong

PS - Dont think too much of this match just alittle match we recorded to see if our ghetto recording rig worked hehe

Notice the 2S which is what I said in my match up in Anji vs Jam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kziMhoGYDFg&mode=related&search=

Thanks for the Testy advice. The approach isn't what I found hard to be honest, it's that sometimes I stay idle for a moment too long and then he pressures me like mad. But yeah, patience is everything, I learnt the hard way lol.

Pot buster is invincible until the grab, so reversal pb beats 5k every time. Why they had to give pb invincibility is beyond me, but it's there. the only safe move meaty on him from the ground is 6h, but if he reversal back dashes you're screwed.

Pot buster is invincible until the grab, so reversal pb beats 5k every time. Why they had to give pb invincibility is beyond me, but it's there. the only safe move meaty on him from the ground is 6h, but if he reversal back dashes you're screwed.

That doesnt make sense....6HS is grab inv?

Yeah I didnt think I had to go in depth with how to get around the traps in stuff but ill add it on just incase people dont know what to do

Also from my experience 5S loses to the webs at basically any range so I use 5P

hmmm Im not really technical with this game but im pretty sure you cant PB a meaty someone let me know if im wrong

PS - Dont think too much of this match just alittle match we recorded to see if our ghetto recording rig worked hehe

Notice the 2S which is what I said in my match up in Anji vs Jam

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kziMhoGYDFg&mode=related&search=

That is what i like to call FB SPAM HAHAHA! This is how jam vs. anji should look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HyMXYi2FfA a vid from like 2 months ago. Hot action.

That is what i like to call FB SPAM HAHAHA! This is how jam vs. anji should look! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HyMXYi2FfA a vid from like 2 months ago. Hot action.

Pretty decent but oh....wait....those are your TOURNEY VIDEOS....ewww I take that back lol j/k

One thing that was pretty interesting was the TK Ryuujin RC AD D combo that was pretty nice looking low damage and no knockdown but very pretty

Also my jam hits harder than yours

the tk kick thing, imo, should be changed to kick > rc > AD 214k. It's universal if you rc at the correct height and turns the set up into a loop if the range is within half screen. It's one of my favorite against certain people that I really can't afford to let down my pressure with charging a card. Only problem is that if beat count is over 7-8 (don't remember) when you start 214k, it's techable, albeit a very small window.

Pretty decent but oh....wait....those are your TOURNEY VIDEOS....ewww I take that back lol j/k

One thing that was pretty interesting was the TK Ryuujin RC AD D combo that was pretty nice looking low damage and no knockdown but very pretty

Also my jam hits harder than yours

Stop hatin teacher :) lol. And the combo leads into the loop in the corner he just bursted as you can see!

Stop hatin teacher :) lol. And the combo leads into the loop in the corner he just bursted as you can see!

I guess im in the lab making some new shit but I cant talk about it yet becuase if I tel you.....Ill have to kill you;)

I can see why there may be a little problem against HOS, since he is now better at rushdown than you (charge cancel ftw) and he outranges you slightly, but where is this mixup, crossup issue exactly? HOS has very few things you need to look out for, at least imo. He is one of the few characters that I don't really care if I accidentally eat a 2d or not. Also, what are you whiffing exactly? That's not really character specific, that's spacing in general. HOS is just annoying because most of his attacks are pretty damn fast recovery (even more so now thanks to charge cancel), but even then, HOS's attack selection are pretty small compare to other characters. Just play safe, look for a favorable spacing, and go nuts. One thing I'd recommend is don't use 236s other than as a bait (correct distance means he stops right in front/behind you, which means you open with 5s, and then into whatever 65% combo you feel like doing). A final note, 6h, at the correct distance, beats both 2d and 2s, and gets you a counter. Also, for giggles, try to beat rocket sometime with 6h, really funny stuff.