Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

This is so we don't have random BS all over the I-no area. I've been a lazy mod and it's time to clean up. More to come. I'm going to merge a lot of media threads as well. I'd like to hear feedback on what you guys would like to see in terms of arrangement as well. Peace.

I-No ==According to wiki, guiltygearx.com==

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: I-no (イノ)

Height (身長):165cm

Blood Type (血液型):AB型

Weight (体重):46kg

Origin (出身):Unknown (不明)

Eye Color: Multicolored

Birthday (誕生日):November 25th (11月25日)

Hobbies (趣味):Anything fun, coded word games, making people peeved (楽しいことならなんでも、隠語しりとり、焦らすこと)

Loves (大切なもの): Number 1 is a secret, her guitar Marlene (her guitar is named after German-American actress Marlene Dietrich. I-no's guitar is named Marlene, while Shiina Ringo's guitar is named Dietrich), youth (一番目はヒミツ、マレーネ(ギターの愛称)、若さ)

Dislikes (嫌いなもの): People that can't have fun, milk (自分を楽しませられない人間、牛乳)

Personality (性格): Enjoys to ridicule guys with words that that leave them fed up. Under whatever circumstances necessary will get involved in things that interest her (男であれば誰しもが「言われると気が抜けてしまう」ような言葉で翻弄し、それに反応する様子を見て内心あざ笑い、楽しんでいる。自分に興味がある事であれば、どんな状況、どんな場所でも顔を突っ込みたがる。).

Post War Administration Bureau Rating (終戦管理局の評価): UNKNOWN

Voice Actress: Kikuko Inoue (井上 喜久子)

Fighting Style (戦闘スタイル): Playing around (おアソビ)

A woman whose origins and motives are enigmas wrapped in mysteries. In command

of a variety of aerial moves, I-No's air-to-surface rush attacks and aerial

combat abilities overwhelm her opponents. Further, she's got an arsenal of

"musical" moves, battling fearsome foes with her trusty "ax" in hand.

* First Appearance: Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!!!

0) (can there be a Question 0?) I just started this game and I love Guilty Gear and I-no. What is going on though? What are these "gatling combos"? This game is really hard!!

Read, practice and understand everything here at a pace of your liking! It's a lot but it'll come with time and experience! Also watching the video in #4 gives a good idea of I-no's basic strategy.

1) BOSS I-NO: How do I beat Boss I-no/get away from the big move (megalomania)?

Pattern 1: The one that starts narrow and gets wider, filling up the screen. Get in front of her and double jump/super jump as she is about to shoot

Patter 2: The Zig-Zag that goes up and down and changes halfway through. Go under the arch and slowly walk forward...

Pattern 3: The straight across curving up. Simple, get as far away as you can and duck.

I-no can be hurt during Megalomania but takes minimal damage. You can mash p on her during the zig-zag for tension gain.

2) How do I do Chemical Love FRC?

... there's 60 frames in a second. That said, it's on 16 and 17 of the CL (1/30th of a second). Good luck counting. It's not really possible to give you an exact frame count in the way you specified since it depends on when you cancel, etc. If you want to go by the animation, when doing HCL there's a point where her legs are completely horizontal. RIGHT AFTER THAT, her legs bend slightly. THAT'S when the FRC is.

3) How do I do HCL 6FRC6?

Originally Posted By Charred Chad

Over time, I've seen a lot of people asking specifics about how to HCL, FRC, airdash, so I had the idea for this video, which covers only the execution of HCL, 6FRC6, nothing more.

Specifically, I try to give a clear look at precisely what's required in terms of input, & point out some things to be aware of when doing a jump installed HCL vs a tiger knee'd HCL.

If you can already HCL, 6FRC6 with little or no trouble, this video probably won't help you much. If you can't, hopefully it will.

HCL 6FRC6 Breakdown (3:08, 18mb)

4) How do I do 5k, HCL 6FRC6?

Practice! You have to push UP (7,8 or 9) during the motion of HCL in order to get the Jump Install (JI info here)

5) I only have XX cos I'm super OG. How do I use I-no there?

Here you go. I-no's Midnight Carnival tutorial

6) What about XX#R (PROTIP: read as SHARP reload when talking to Japanese, or just reload)?

Closest thing I can think of to a #R I'm also a big fan of Fuku's vids.

7) I'm the most dangerous player in America as tagged by the Japanese, but I can't do my combos and FRC's in the arcade! What gives?

I was talking to a guy and he tells me that Spooky has long confirmed that the console ports (all of them) run faster than the arcade version. I wish I knew this when the game first came out. Oh well.

Honnou, are you gonna combine all the strategy/combo threads into one or are you just gonna scrap most of it and make an entirely new thread specifically for strategy/combos (seems like a lot of work to go this route lol) ? BTW, Interesting little tidbit, her guitar is named after German-American actress Marlene Dietrich. I-no's guitar is named Marlene, while Shiina Ringo's guitar is named Dietrich. Got this from Japanese wiki (since it's wiki, could be false). There are loads of references in this game...

FAQ PART 2

What can I-no do?!?!

1) Due to her hover-dash, she can instantly become airborne and thus has access to a stronger high-low game than other characters.

2) She is ridiculously sexy no matter what she does.

3) Makes your hands bleed, thus giving extreme satisfaction when combos are done well.

Why is she good?

1) Abnormally strong okizeme game, can mixup opponent while maintaining a safe jump-in.

2) Many tensionless combos exist in AC

3) Hard to recover from her combos without being tech-trapped.

4) Long range specials that can control space and punish long range moves.

Why is she bad?

1) She lacks normals that outrange or outprioritize most of the cast.

2) Needs a knockdown to realize her potential.

3) Needs tension to gain true damage potential off mixups.

4) Fights up close and puts herself at risk.

NORMALS:

5p: A short, quick jab. Good for combos, gatlings, quick anti-air (AA), whiffs on most crouchers

5k: A fairly fast, mid range poke. Necessary for many combos and gatlings to most moves

5s(close,c for short): Necessary for combos, gatlings into needed mixup (dive/2s)

5s(far,f for short): Counts as projectile, somewhat unwieldly but delayed hit can be good

5hs: Long range poke, somewhat slow, lower body invincibility roughly halfway through

5d: Slow, long range, must be guarded high like all dusts. Good occasionally

2p: Short quick jab, like 5p, hits much lower

2k: Short low kick, vital to combos, has a 75% proration (damage correction) IIRC

2s: New low in accent core, super awesome range, vital to combos

2hs

2d:

j.p

j.k

j.s

j.hs

j.d

SPECIALS:

GATLING:

BASIC COMBO:

Technique:

1) Double dash:

From Guilty Gear Slash onwards, I-no gained the ability to air dash out of her hover dash.

a) How do I do this?

On a pad, the easiest motion is simply 66, 66. Using a joystick, use 66, 9 (release to neutral 5), 6 (can also be written as 66956).

b) What does this mean?

This means that I-no gained access to a slew of new mixups!!! When I-no dashes over a downed opponent, she can dash backwards at the right moment to go back over the opponent and combo, or dash later and cross the opponent up! Also, using this double dash can lead to a fast falling vertical chemical love...

2) Fast fall Vertical Chemical Love:

a) How do I do this?

After successfully double dashing (see above), immediately perform VCL (632146s). Because the end motion to double dash is also 6, simply using that and doing 32146s will work fine. Depending on your timing, you will see I-no fall immediately to the ground after the VCL or recover slowly.

b) Why is this good?

Doing fast fall VCL has several useful applications. You can do so after knocking an opponent down to secure their postion during okizeme, so they do not try to backdash, jump out, or reversal attack. Double dashing in with fast fall VCL puts the opponent in a guessing position as to whether your next move will be high/low/throw. If the opponent has a shoryuken (reversal uppercut or super) of sorts, doing this fast fall VCL with an frc will guarantee your safety! Also with the frc, you can perform an instant high-low mixup, known incorrectly as a "fuzzy guard" mixup. In Guilty Gear, any attack that forces a high block will keep the opponent in a high block state for a certain number of frames. During those frames, if one can land or almost land and can go back into an air attack, it will hit the opponent even if they crouch underneath it, for the game will register them with the standing hitbox from the previous high attack. The window to do this is not so big. So when I-no does fast fall VCL (and the opponent blocks high), VCL FRC land into immediate j.k will hit a crouching opponent. J.k will then combo to k/s dive (s dive preferable for combos) and let you start making some damage. Sorry for the complicated explanation!!

3) Dash momentum Chemical Love:

By adding a dash to the end of a chemical love (VCL or HCL, doesn't matter which), I-no can gain access to a new type of CL that contains the momentum of a dash!!

a) How do I do this??

6321466k/s. It is not as easy as it sounds and may be easier on the 1p or 2p side, depending on the player. Practice!!

b) Why is this good?

This is not a commonly used technique, but can catch the opponent off guard, and allow access to new and sometimes tensionless combos. Not necessarily but can be amazingly effective if applied correctly. Also not a bad round starter at times.

4) J.d FDC Cancel

This is simply doing J.d into a faultless defense, thus retaining the momentum of j.d while canceling the attack

a) How do I do this?

j.d, immediate FD (different people have different methods. Find the two buttons most comfortable for you to FD from after hitting j.d). The speed at which this has to be done is quite fast. Doing this fast and incorrectly will also cause you to burst, but when done properly, this technique is very doable even when retaining your burst. Don't listen to people who say you have to burst first to do this!!

b) Why is this useful?

Throughout new versions, I-no has gotten many new tools to mix-up and cross up opponents, such as the double dash. However this mix-up has existed since I-no's character was created and can utterly confuse opponents. J.d while jumping has a certain momentum that moves I-no forward. If FD cancelled quickly, especially after super jumping, I-no will actually jump over the opponent. Doing so will enable I-no access to a quick crossover technique that is hard to react to. Another use can be seen in the following string. Hover dash (HD), j.s j.d. Normally this string is used to hit those that would block low after j.s, in hopes of guarding 2.k. However the block string can be further modified into HD, j.s j.d FDC cancel, j.s (again)/land, 2.k/land throw. This allows you to be less predictable, which is key to being a good I-no player!! Great examples of this include Attsun's #R SBO performance!

Maneuvers:

Edited by Honnou

I think rather than doing a section on combos you should put together a guide on what cancels into what. I-No is freestyle and usually you just combo by knowing what you can and can't cancel into rather than sticking to a B&B like most characters. IE go over her 6p 5h, the basic ways of how to get to it (2k, 5k, 5p, 2p, c.s) and the most useful combo options afterwords (jh, TK HCL, js, 235h, etc) If you have to include some combos I would just stick to the very basics that work on most of the cast. IE STBT S, 5K, HCL, 5H, JH, 236P, 66, JH, 236K (JX, 2K) 6P, 5H, HCL, 66, JS, VCL, (from 5H above, from 5H in this line, or) CS, VCL, 2P, CS, HCL I think another useful section to include would be on her throw resets and when to know which one to use. I can help with any of this if you don't have the time to do everything yourself.

I think rather than doing a section on combos you should put together a guide on what cancels into what. I-No is freestyle and usually you just combo by knowing what you can and can't cancel into rather than sticking to a B&B like most characters.

Except, most of the time you want to go for optimum damage with her, and "freestyling" with her surely would not get you her best damage. She already has enough trouble getting in on some of her matchups, so why waste the opportunity on a "freestyle" combo with less damage when you can potentially end it with a tried and true B&B combo? IMO the only "freestyle" she can do is in corner combos whether to end a combo into a knockdown for oki, or leave open a tech window for tech catches into air throw.

Also...

If you have to include some combos I would just stick to the very basics that work on most of the cast.

IE

STBT S, 5K, HCL, 5H, JH, 236P, 66, JH, 236K

(JX, 2K) 6P, 5H, HCL, 66, JS, VCL, (from 5H above, from 5H in this line, or) CS, VCL, 2P, CS, HCL

Those combos don't really work on most of the cast, or have better alternatives than what you listed. :kitty:

b) Why is this useful?

Throughout new versions, I-no has gotten many new tools to mix-up and cross up opponents, such as the double dash. However this mix-up has existed since I-no's character was created and can utterly confuse opponents. J.d while jumping has a certain momentum that moves I-no forward. If FD cancelled quickly, especially after super jumping, I-no will actually jump over the opponent. Doing so will enable I-no access to a quick crossover technique that is hard to react to. Another use can be seen in the following string. Hover dash (HD), j.s j.d. Normally this string is used to hit those that would block low after j.s, in hopes of guarding 2.k. However the block string can be further modified into HD, j.s j.d FDC cancel, j.s (again)/land, 2.k/land throw. This allows you to be less predictable, which is key to being a good I-no player!! Great examples of this include Attsun's #R SBO performance!

Maneuvers:

WTH, I never knew she had this. How come no one does this in Accent Core?

Edit: Attsun does it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DnQX_3UyIc

He does it pretty fast though so it's difficult to follow at first. I was just wondering why ppl stopped using the technique in accent core.

a) How do I do this??

6321466k/s. It is not as easy as it sounds and may be easier on the 1p or 2p side, depending on the player. Practice!!

4) J.d FDC Cancel

I always do it as 63214666+X, 5P, 5K, HCL works well on most characters after HCL version. VCL is hard to follow up unless the opponent jumps and you land it while they're in air.

HCL extend combos after a 2H CH and you can use ultimate fortissmo with this same method in addition to H/VCL.

If you FD with the PKS macro (@ school and can't try it out but it would probably work with just the buttons) she does a slow float. you can see it at the end of this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zYGiLcp8PM

fast fall works off a normal airdash too, you don't have to hover.

WTH, I never knew she had this. How come no one does this in Accent Core?

Edit: Attsun does it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DnQX_3UyIc

He does it pretty fast though so it's difficult to follow at first. I was just wondering why ppl stopped using the technique in accent core.

AYM at around 1:30

Might be re-hasing but here we go!!

PROS:

1)You can get an even quicker overhead than j.k/s/hs->j.d

2)You can get a lower than possible air dash using this (super hard timing, equivalent to bridget's "dash splitting technique"

3)Using a super jump j.d FDC can quickly cross over the opponent allowing you to do (For example)

a)j.s, dive (double overhead)

b)j.s, 2s (high low)

c)empty jump, go low 2k->2s chem

d)empty, throw

CONS:

1)Used off a j.s JC jd FDC you lose your jump cancel, which can backfire sometimes if mixup is blocked

2)All characters that use a j.d w/o jc-ing into something else land with extra recovery frames where it is impossible to guard IIRC

3)Unnecessary since I-no got the ability to jump/dash again off her hover dash for crazy mixups and crossovers.

4)Hard to perform, especially with BURST meter full

I think that is most of it, esp. #3 since you can cross people over by dashing over their heads and dashing back and such. It is still useful occasionally and is worth learning IMO, just not necessary like HCL 6FRC6 to winning.

So in other words, it's not that useful anymore compared to her other options. It's still a neat trick though, might be worth pulling it off every once in a while to get a "wtf" reaction from the opponent. Oh yea, I forgot to thank you, buckles,and whytesakura for the infos, the feedback has been helpful. I've been asking so many questions in this forum lol. edit: Been watching a lot of vids lately, now that finals are over...ppl actually do use this technique often, it's just that I haven't noticed til now.

more like "that man" which is Sol

lol, nah. She likes being evil. l think her main interest is power. After all, that is her main goal of serving Him anyways.

Good news. Planning another massive combo overhaul, going to post combos that maximize damage in different situations while minimizing tension, and if possible, effort. I would also like to ask for help from anyone ready to contribute combos/make videos of combos posted. More coming soon.

Actually right now I'm coming up with a list of the most damaging combos vs. the cast when you catch an air throw in the corner. Most don't even use 25%. I'm trying to do no tension cos normally I-no will save the tension for the mixup afterwards.

Hmm. l usually start an sdive loop in the corner after a throw for 140 - 150 damage l think?

Hmm. l usually start an sdive loop in the corner after a throw for 140 - 150 damage l think?

You mean throw or air throw? I'm guessing air throw. And by S dive loop you mean something like 5s©, j.s j.hs s dive (slight delay), land (5p if necessary) 5s©, j.s j.hs s dive land 5p 5s© super jump cancel sj.s sj.hs k dive? It's ok on some chars but I have some things that while they aren't easy, feel more consistent vs more of the cast

GET HYPE

4463066317_a2ee6e73bb_o.jpg

Yeah l meant the air throw, should've been more clear. XD I usually don't do the sj. part because that's where l tend to whiff alot, maybe it's just me or the fact that it dosen't work on some, dunno which.

I guess i'll be trying to find a few combos to share as well, maybe some STBT shenanigans.

Ooh, my perfect blow-up doll. :D

I usually don't do the sj. part because that's where l tend to whiff alot

Will they involve the infamous 6FRC6? lf so then l can't help much

not to be discouraging so please don't take this in a bad way but part of the fun of playing i-no is pushing yourself to learn every little execution feat there is. she utilizes the system mechanics probably more than any other character and to build your i-no into her full potential you have to spend those hours among hours learning her. don't give up, you'll get 6FRC6 eventually and your super jump won't always come out as a dive.

be aware that if you are on pad, things like 5K HCL 6FRC6 are a nightmare and it may be less you and more the controller. however you should be able to get 5H HCL FRC AIRDASH no problem.

Sign in to follow this