Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

yea helps loads, i practiced that cross-up but to do it without bursting is gonna take me awhile. after tje frst j.hs feint im guess they'll proberly start mashing somethingbut as u said it might be nice against pot players an defensive minded players

Hint: You won't have a burst 24/7 in the match :P and I rarely use the cross-up nowadays, also while the double j.HS feint is a bit risky, it also allows you to get closer for a 2k>>xx combo if you think that the range is not enough for the combo.

so after a full 10 hour practice session (at work, mind you :v: ), i'm finally able to get the 6frc6 stuff at a good rate which has me hype.

but now i'm confused. where do l go from here? should l be learning mixups now?

so after a full 10 hour practice session (at work, mind you :v: ), i'm finally able to get the 6frc6 stuff at a good rate which has me hype.

but now i'm confused. where do l go from here? should l be learning mixups now?

WTF?! you too TD?!

- You should probably start learning her b&b's off her main abare hit confirms and combo starters like 5K, dashK, hover iad S,HS, 2K, STBT (S), and 5S.

Start learning mixups once you can combo effectively off all of her main starters. She has so many mixup options especially on oki that it pretty much comes down to personal preference on what you end up doing.

Just try and watch a ton of I-no matches and you'll see what I mean. Every I-no plays completely different and has their own personal play style and mixups.

l subbed ino and i've given up on her so many times over the course of 3 years just because l couldnt get the 6frc shit. lots of screaming, cursing, ranting and sadlife days over this shit. but l got it now! and imma sub her officially.

l've been doing combos - everything is just falling right into place. i'll practice them for a week then watch koichi do his oki strats.

(and l must choose a default color :v: )

l know all that already and l can do it consistantly. lt's just the advanced stuff l can't do yet (anything involving 6frc6, mixups, oki...)

It's like this.

2k, 2s, and 2d all hit low.

dust, air normals, and (tk) dives all hit high.

Your standard mix up is going to be some sort of dash in attack followed by a low. ie 2k, jk (to connect things such as jk > 2k, you need to input the jk during the fall of your dash)

A few basic mixups include:

js > 2s > (hcl etc)

2k > 2k

2k > 5d

cs > sdive

stbt > sdive

stbt > 2s > (hcl)

stbt > sjd

stbt(h) frc jd

jk > js > jd

you'll see a lot of 6666 fast fall VCL. this can be blocked from either high or low but it's purpose is to block the opponent into position so it's oki not mixup but you can frc it and make it mixup. (also worth noting, if you're lucky enough to catch an opponent trying to jump out from it in the corner, it's damage city)

the best oki is a tk note or frc'd ground note. however you'll eventually learn your own. one of my favorites is to frc a meaty VCL into a air backdash and then either sdive or land and go into a stbt.

beyond her oki, she has tons and tons of reset options. 5K TK HCL, throw setups, delayed 5H. you should spend some time working on resets.

OR,... You COULD just play me and the rest of NY in GG, take dem lumps and level up like everyone else..lol. Besides play against me and I'll show you all her shit in gameplay situations and when to use what options blah blah while you ask me questions.

playing i-no gets you laid

guide complete

ok, after this next NCI I will write some more. sorry for the lack of info here XD

Starting to compile all information in the matchup threads and add correct-as-possible information and tips FINALLY. :v: Thanks to all who contributed over the years.

edit: starting with matchups i play a lot, namely vs Pot, Slayer, Ky, Johnny.

Edited by Honnou

Why do I-No players tk Note instead of just using Note on the ground?

I'm not sure, but for majority characters that have some move with aerial version it's faster recovery and/or startup.

edit: yup, both

cause you can just 1 frame jump note on the ground

when you tk it, the angle is slightly different, so it's a better method of okizeme...in essence, the note hits 'meaty'

As a new player to GG and whatnot I've been studying the roster for a little bit and came to the likings of I-no as a playable character. I don't really like to count my earlier experience with the game as I was only mashing and was into other fighters at the time. Now I'm at a dilemma and would like an idea what would be the best idea at how to handle this.

-I have GGAC for my ps3 (backwards compatible) but it seems like my stick is not compatible with the game so I'll most likely have to settle for pad.

-Secondly I could hopefully go through all the installments for the online edition and hopefully my stick might work for that, just don't know if it provides a training section and the online does seem like a good idea.

How exactly would anyone handle this?

Yep, it's a ps3 stick. I'm not all too good with emulators as I attempted to install them in the past (to no success with any title). No point in investing into a console solution without nobody around for me competition, attempts at a scene in el paso is difficult as it is. Another shot with emulator and I'll mention how that turns out, thanks for responding. Someone left me with a link for the download in the past.

Updated Slayer vs I-no first post with some things, going to go through the entire character list with things I've picked up. Hopefully finishing by the end of the week.

Oh and in response to pad I-no working, I believe it, except for 632146+_ being the hardest super motion to do on pad IMO.

I plan on maining I-no when GGAC gets released on PS3 on October. I'm currently playing reload on my PC and have a couple of questions about her in #reload.

*Can she do HCL 6FRC6 in reload? if yes, then some sample combos would be appreciated.

*What's better, JI or TK HCL?

*Are her FRC timings different from version to version? like between reload and Accent Core.

*I noticed (maybe it's just me) her FRC timing on HCL differs when on whiff, hit, jump. Is there a way to pull the FRC consistently in these different situations.

Oh and in response to pad I-no working, I believe it, except for 632146+_ being the hardest super motion to do on pad IMO.

Double half circles. I play pad all day, and they're a nightmare...

Dude above me:

Yes, you can airdash out of HCLs in #R (still need to be TK'd or JI'd afaik). Applications are different since there's no VCL tho.

JI HCL is my preference since it's harder to mess up. There are times when you need to specifically do one or the other though, so learn to do both.

I would like to add something i noticed while practicing ... J.D can be infinitely cancelled into into itself while retaining dash options...

It can also be used as an instant overhead instead of dashing in their face...you can just do J.D~J.p+k J.K for a quick high that is hard to see... I-no does sort of a quick hop similar to faust's j.2k fdc cancel and you can use j. s or j.k making it very hard to see and you can combo from it ofcourse...

This technique is pretty hard to do without bursting but it is very possible...it can also be applied in other situations to stall air momentum instead of landing right away.. infinitely

:eng101:

i will make a vid of this

l think l remember hearing that before. she kinda floats right? and the more you do it the higher she goes. isn't it like a 1 frame link or something.

ALSO (ironically) after a long break from gg l can do dem 6frc6 combos 95% of the time, both the tk and ji versions. my hype cannot be contained. l will be maining this character once psn gg drops.

is there a list of her basic/advanced mixups, pressure, and/or other misc. stuff? anything would help. l know shes very hard to master and her matchups are shittier than diharrhea... but hotness>>>>everything else imho

Sign in to follow this