Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

Does the new airdash make it easier to do HCL > 6FRC6 > j.S > VCL on more characters in more situations? I couldn't really do shit out of HCL FRC on the Vita's shitty stick and d-pad, so I couldn't experiment too much.

Only chars that had problems were Axl, Dizzy, Millia, Sols, and sometimes Baiken. But this had more to do with floaty bodies making j.S hit late. I'll test it out soon.

EDIT: tested and The two Sols as well as Millia still have issues with the 6FRC6 > j.S > FF VCL. Guess we can stick to 6FRC6 > j.H > j.D > delay VCL or 6FRC6 > iad FF VCL. Everyone else is looking good so far.

Edited by mynus

Yeah. Last FRC frame is hit. But first 2 frames you can frc > throw or frc > 66.

On another note, you have to be careful of your combo routes depending on the starter due to her new proration values on many of her moves like dive, 6P, STBT, ect.

Just so you know, FB note on oki > 2k starter > HCL B&B is ~247 dmg. The guard bar build is serious.

f.S is also really really strong.

Is it possible for the forum mods to compile all the +R combos all in one thread? Its hard to dig through the old AC combo thread for combos.

If all 14 hits are blocked the GB starts flashing right? Do you mind setting the GB to 81 in training mode to see if that's the same value? If so, that would mean the hits have the appropriate GB+ for their attack level, and we can fill in the wiki. : )

GOD, I WANT IT SO BAD

I was watching some matches and noticed people doing TK note after knockdowns. Does this make the notes fall/rise faster than standing. I can't get it in AC so I'm assuming it's a +R thing.

TK note recovers faster than regular note (44 frames vs 50 frames) and the FRC window is bigger+earlier (16-21 vs 22-23). Grounded note FRC still has uses though.

To make the notes rise/fall faster, tap the stick repeatedly instead of holding it. It took me forever to realize that.

It's not gameplay related..it about her story...when i went to game faqs there was a guide to story mode paths..

For other charterers it went smoothly but not in i-no case...no matter i do i always face anji in the last battle then get the ending where she is frozen by that man..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/945977-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus/faqs/57634

---------

Path 1

---------

>Do not defeat Sol / Millia with IK. Or...

>Retry when fighting Axl. Or...

>Defeat Sol with IK. Then...

>No Retry when fighting Axl. Then...

>Defeat Millia with IK. Then...

>1st Branch: Pick the 2nd choice.

---------

Path 2

---------

>Defeat Sol with IK. Then...

>No Retry when fighting Axl. Then...

>Defeat Millia with IK. Then...

>1st Branch: Pick the 1st choice.

Any ideas ?? and is there a thread in Dustloop has a better story mode guide ??

Edited by Lynxfort

If all 14 hits are blocked the GB starts flashing right? Do you mind setting the GB to 81 in training mode to see if that's the same value? If so, that would mean the hits have the appropriate GB+ for their attack level, and we can fill in the wiki. : )

GOD, I WANT IT SO BAD

FB Note in the corner after KD letting both get blocked is equivilent to +39 GB. Ive done 232 meterless. So worth the tension.

However FB note on block from full screen (both notes hit) causes guard gauge to flash and is equivilent to +70 GB.

Hm... against what character? I'm guessing you tested against someone with a neutral guard balance. That also reminds me that GB+ is cut in half when applied to someone already in blockstun, which is something I didn't even hear about until recently. But if that's true, then the GB+/- for FB note would be way higher than normally dictated by attack level.

Anyway, YEAH, that's definitely worth the meter. Holy shit. Is that off of a 2K > 6P highly prorated start or an unprorated starter, and who is it against?

The extra time they're blocking from the 6 hits is like dealing with Millia's FBdisc, so we get to run more than one mixup before going into a blockstring into another mixup. :yaaay:

Against Testa. Always against Testament. And yes that was off 2K > 6P starter lol. That's double proration (70% > 90% forced) Lolz. The Dmg!!

Is there a combo that fits all for i-no or is there every specific situation where you have to improvise on the fly? I'm have the most trouble with some characters that crouch

I-No's combos are very improvisational. There really isn't a "one combo fits all" solution to her gameplay, since learning combos with her tends to be like learning how to link strings of 2-3 hits into other strings of 2-3 hits until you know you have to go for the knockdown.

When they're crouching, you can combo into 5H/2H without launching via 6P, then go into Stroke(S) > 5K > HCL (and applicable follow ups after this if you want).

It also helps to learn by weight class. A lot of the time you'll have strings that work on all lightweights, then all mid weights, and then all heavyweights, as well as stuff like openers that work meterless on lightweights all the time, mid weights on Counter Hit, and heavies when using an FRC or something like that. Once you categorize all that in your head (really doesn't take that much work), you can remember the special cases, like Sol and OS being a pain to combo 6P > 5H, and Faust not getting comboed by 5K > HCL unless he's in the air.

Oh, so far I've noticed that anti-air 5P/6P > c.S > VCL > 6FRC6 > FFVCL is working on everyone I'm practicing it on. You just have to spend meter to get follow ups out of it in most cases (except if that pushes them into the corner) by doing 5K > HCL > 6FRC6, except that I've noticed I can link the FFVCL into 5H on Bridget if the anti-air hits high enough!

Anyway, yeah... that damage... I want +R so much right now.

*Edit* Well actually yeah, I guess there is a universal combo. At most ranges you can do 2K > 2S > 2D > HCL. It's not very strong but you get knockdown > oki. That's how I had to start out for the longest time, against people that could already hit 50% with their combos. :sweatdrop:

Life is so much more fun now that I can 5K > HCL > 6FRC6.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

I was watching some matches and noticed people doing TK note after knockdowns. Does this make the notes fall/rise faster than standing. I can't get it in AC so I'm assuming it's a +R thing.

TK note has faster recovery than standing note.

This is a great character thread! Thank you bobsman for the tips. Its really discouraging for me losing constantly to my friend's jam and dizzy but I will keep on grinding out combos n setups. The dizzy match up is really something when your knockdown.

This is a great character thread! Thank you bobsman for the tips. Its really discouraging for me losing constantly to my friend's jam and dizzy but I will keep on grinding out combos n setups. The dizzy match up is really something when your knockdown.

True, tho Dizzy is even worse off than you if you knock her down. Against Jam, that really just comes with exp and figuring out how to play off reaction/counter to everything she does. Luckily you get the most best combos on her.

Most ppl think that execution is the highest barrier with Ino, but a lot of beginners have the most trouble with learning her movement, staying safe while doing so, and figuring out that you need to utilize all system resources available. Positioning can put you in a great situation, or cost you tge round easily with Ino.

Also, Learning how to properly slashback predictable/otherwise not punishable strings/moves makes you really a huge threat.

Before +R, the Dizzy matchup was probably in our favor. She probably has the safest oki, but I-No's risk-reward ratios rock on oki. I'd like to see Dizzy do 50% damage for little meter without cranking the guard bar, especially off of a low. :yaaay:

"Also, Learning how to properly slashback predictable/otherwise not punishable strings/moves makes you really a huge threat."

This. This is HUGE. If they always go for the same block string or the same jump in or whatever, you can easily slashback into a punish. It might be a little difficult at first when you're not used to timing something on reaction so precisely, but it really doesn't take any practice once you have that down. I feel like there's this crazy misconception that you must sit around in training mode practicing slashbacks for hours to be able to do one, and that's completely wrong. I don't practice them, period, and I get them, though to be fair I did practice powershielding in Melee, so I'm used to timing stuff to a 2 frame window. The exception is checking things like hitboxes in training mode or seeing if it's possible to slashback something like Dark Angel (can't get that one, though it might be possible with buffed SB in +R. I can slashback most of Bankai Messai though :v:).

The big deal with defense is that while with offense most things apply to every character, defense is pretty character specific, and you have to play a lot to learn it. Most people say it's worthless to practice against the CPU because it's stupid and you'll learn bad habits for maneuvering and offense, but if you're not playing with other people all the time, you're not really going to learn what the animations for every attack in the game look like. How would you learn that by practicing combos with 1 character in training mode? Anyway, once you can recognize the startup of a move well enough, if it has at least 12 frames of startup past when it first telegraphs, you can SB it reliably if the other dude always does it in the same places. And any move that's slow enough, like Bandit Bringer, can be SB'd on reaction every time.

Damn, I still need to write that ****ing article about reaction time and defense.

So... I landed a PS3 with the Japanese copy of +R last night. :keke:

Some of the first things I'm noticing:

- The 5HS hitbox buff will make our lives much easier. Even again skinny, high-pushback A.B.A, you can [high/low opener > c.S > 5HS] and confirm into an S-Stroke if they're crouching, or an HCL 6FRC6 combo otherwise. Versus some characters you can even stick an extra 2S in there since that moves forward now. Against the taller characters (A.B.A, Anji, Axl, Dizzy, Eddie, Jam, Johnny, Justice, I-No, HOS, Potemkin, Slayer, Sol and Venom), this grants access to the easier 5HS > tiger-knee HCL 6FRC6, which only used to come for me from 2S openers.

- The extra 3 frames of air-dashing time lets us get j.K>j.S>ffVCL from an HCL FRC. (For me, at least, this means fewer screw-ups versus Johnny, who often required j.K > ffVCL if you caught him with HCL standing.)

- The newly-cancellable FB-Dive is going to be fun. Doesn't seem as character/weight-specific as it used to be (EDIT: Naw, still some variation and quirks of course.), and, yes, even with your back to the corner, you can combo into it, air-dash twice, and knock the opponent down into the opposite corner with a j.HS. However, that's the worst-case scenario. If your back is not-even a half-screen away from the corner, then the corner combos at the opposite side of the screen can begin!

I also almost wanted to say that the throw FRC got easier, but I think this is just me having been used to the frame delay on the Xbox version that hid the visual cue....

*Edit* Well actually yeah, I guess there is a universal combo. At most ranges you can do 2K > 2S > 2D > HCL. It's not very strong but you get knockdown > oki. That's how I had to start out for the longest time, against people that could already hit 50% with their combos. :sweatdrop:

Life is so much more fun now that I can 5K > HCL > 6FRC6.

This is actually getting closer to being a universal combo now. Unless I'm wrong, it used to wiff on Jam, Anji, Baiken and Bridget, but doesn't anymore at closer ranges in Plus R. (I think their falling hurtboxes stick out and get hit by the new close HCL hitbox.) The HCL still wiffs on A.B.A, Dizzy, Ky, Robo and Venom though.

Edited by Essay

Do you guys know if instant air dashing still retains the auto-jump install or does it need to be inputted again while landing?

Do you guys know if instant air dashing still retains the auto-jump install or does it need to be inputted again while landing?

I'm not sure I understand that question, but I think that's something along the lines of "if you IAD or otherwise use one airdash and then land, is the second airdash still installed in the event you immediately go for the 2S > HCL setup?" If that's what you mean, I really REALLY want to know the answer too. : )

The extra airdash time means I can't do 66956 > j.K > j.S > j.H and have the j.H barely whiff setting up a low (it now connects giving more time to react because of hit-pause, from what little testing I had), but it's still possible to do silly airdash pressure and 50/50 on the end with j.D / j.H into low. If you still have one airdash on landing, 2S is going to be scary as **** off of that. And I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be.

Yes. If you use 1 Airdash or 1 double jump (not both) > land > combo without returning to neutral you will still have the 2nd JI'd Airdash on deck.

Who else actually owns the JP copy in this thread besides myself and Koogy? Help me test stuff ppl!!! I would have sold my kidney to get this game if it was available.

I don't have money to buy the game a second time at a markup. Isn't it really expensive to get JP PSN points?

I'd consider it if the PS3 version of +R was discounted on PS+ like the Vita version currently is (I got PS+ for free).

So, with 18 frames of airdash, it should be possible to HCL > 6FRC6 > j.D > FFVCL. Can you test how that might optimize damage on some characters in the corner (land into c.S > VCL > c.S > whatever)?

*Edit* Also test if it's possible to Pdive > dash j.D? I don't think it is, but it might be 1-frame tight. Pdive can airdash cancel on frame 9, so either that would be the first frame of her 6 startup frames on airdash, meaning it would work, or you'd start after that, meaning you only have 15 frames to work with, so 16frame j.D wont work.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Sign in to follow this