Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

actually tried it and it's feasible, but i forgot about that j.D landing recovery. Man, screw that godforsaken landing recovery, it makes everything useless ;_;

Yeah, I haven't seen that. Great vid except for the music.

I've been playing around with j.D FDC and j.D cross-ups in general for a while in training mode, but never attempted j.D FDC airdash before. It's so damn flashy... I love it.

On block, you can j.S > slight delay dj.D for a crossup, then go into HCL as was demonstrated in the video into whatever (you could also probably use Fortissimo). You can also do whatever in the air > late j.D for the high/low, and if they block that, dj.D for the crossup. But j.D > FDC > airdash is amazing... gotta learn that next.

Uh... 8 frames landing recovery sucks, so it's pretty dangerous to use our 9 frame 2S out of a j.D FDC setup. You'd need a lot of regular FDC > j.K conditioning to make it less risky, since that can be frame tight. It should be safe to use strings like j.S > j.D FDC > j.K. If we land into 2K, it's really close... 8 landing recovery + 5 for 2K startup is already the block stun, and that doesn't factor the 1-2 frames for the FDC or the time it takes to fall to the ground... We wind up short a couple of frames that they could use to reversal out. That would apply to any lvl 3 move, so that includes HD > 2K > c.S > j.D FDC shenanigans, and it'd be even tighter out of 5K. Going for 2S makes the window of opportunity for the opponent 4 frames wider.

Out of H-Stroke it's a little better since that's lvl 5, so we get 20 frames of block stun. Not sure if it's frame tight for our safety, but it's going to be easier to react to since it'd be close to 20 frames. If your mixup is really strong/varied, it'd be harder to react to that unless your opponent is being stubborn and mashing out reversals expecting a gap from TK dive or j.D. I bet using j.D FDC > land > throw would either be stupid effective, or always get you thrown by the other guy because he mashes throw reversals at all times. :v:

Okay so what's every one getting for max damage. vs Dizzy UF into Skyloop = 335

UF jH PDIVE HCL jH PDIVE HCL jH VCL cS HCL

liking new i-no a lot more today. love the skyloop. seems c.s and 2s are the new 5k.

What is this?! I dont have understand. How is this possible?

My only guess is corner TK UF, land, j.h pdive hcl FRC dash j.h, pdive hcl frc dash h, fastfall VCL, c.S. HCL.

Don't have the game in front of me. That's the only way I can think of while still within meter restrictions.

Personal opinion, seems like unnecessary meterburn. It's gonna scale pretty hard by that point.

Edited by 9TNine

Yeah, I don't think you can get j.H > Pdive to connect on most characters at mid screen. But yeah, as 9TNine said, that's within meter restrictions. I thought that combo was pretty self-explanatory. You can hit crazy damage off of corner Fortissimo on the light + low health characters. I think I found a 372 damage combo on Baiken before the +R changes, but I have a hard time not dropping it near the end and it starts with Fortissimo > Fortissimo so you need full meter. For just a single Fortissimo I was hitting 340 I think.

You can actually connect j.D off of a perfectly TK'd Fortissimo, but it's damn hard for me to do so I prefer other options. On some characters you can directly follow with 5H > VCL > c.S, but I think j.H > Sdive > c.S is universal even mid screen and does decent enough damage for the next set up.

As far as meter spent vs damage, that might be damn near close to max damage we can get, but you can probably get comparable (like within 20-30 points) without spending any more than the 50% on the super, and considering supers don't scale meter gain, we can build back a decent amount with the combo by doing it that way. Spend it on oki or the follow up combo, though if you think you can kill with that little bit of damage, by all means. I think that combo is also a potential burst-bait if they burst when expecting you to dash in out of Pdive, since they'll whiff at the HCL and you'll dash in after the burst. If they're paying attention they wont fall for it though.

UF jH PDIVE HCL jH PDIVE HCL jH VCL cS HCL

TK UF/66(66)UF land jump into j.H cancel into Pdive, perform HCL during the bounce animation, FRC into airdash j.h Pdive, repeat but finish the 2nd rep with j.H VCL instead of Pdive, land c.S HCL. Needs to be in corner or pushable into the corner. Not saying it's practical, was just aiming for max damage.

Welp that clears that up, thats what happens when you dont add proper combo notations :V

Hey Pestilence, try this vs Dizzy in the corner. Only works when Fortissimo is done really close to the ground, but you probably have enough time to visually confirm it during the super flash if you didn't TK it.

Fortissimo > j.D > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Sdive > 5P > c.S > VCL > HCL: 319 damage

I'm having trouble getting knockdown at the end, but I'm also getting this:

Fortissimo > j.D > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > j.S > FFVCL > c.S > here you can do:

HLC for 328 (Substituting VCL whiffs, but that probably would cause knockdown)

or

j.S > j.H > Sdive for 333

Substituting Kdive for Sdive will probably give the same damage or -1, but I can't get it to connect. Sdive connects but she techs out before landing. I wanna try j.S > dj.H > Kdive, but it's really late and I have work in the morning.

Almost as much damage as that skyloop, but 1/2 the meter cost, and you'll build between 1/8th and 1/4th of a bar depending on your tension pulse. That Fortissimo to j.D, and the follow up VCL > c.S are really hard. J.D too early and you can't VCL late enough before hitting the ground for c.S to link, but do it too late and you'll drop the combo there since Fort > j.D is really tight.

*Edit* Actually, **** it. Replace j.D with late c.S. You can still catch with c.S after the VCL and the damage is only marginally lower for it being significantly easier.

Fortissimo > c.S > VCL > c.S > 5H > j.H > Sdive > c.S > j.S > j.H > Kdive: 332

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great content on here, learning a ton! I recently decided to finally pick up Guilty Gear as my main game instead of going back to AE all the time despite having wanted to pick up GG for years now and decided very quickly that I-No was my girl. I've been messing around with her for about a week now and slowly getting more consistent with 5H HCL 6FRC6 etc. (still horrendous at 5K, too fast for me!), but wondering what else I should focus on in the beginning? Right now I'm just trying to learn (relatively) universal combos into knockdowns from as many situations as possible and following up with note into oki. I try to dissect match videos, but without being familiar with the game it's pretty hard for me to really pinpoint exactly what the absolute necessities are and what are just good tools / situational tricks to worry about when I have the basics down. As far as the general game mechanics go, I already found Klaiges videos on YouTube to be extremely helpful and I'm watching those over and over on top of the wiki, so I'm set as far as that goes.

Since I unfortunately have no community at all here, training mode and YouTube videos is where it's at for now until I can convince more people to get into the game. Any tips would really be appreciated, and I hope I don't come across as lazy for it. I'm trying to soak up everything that's already written around here. I just know how much time I could've saved myself if I could go back and give myself some quick pointers with SF4 at the beginning, and I figured it'd be better to get a general sense of what my goals should be than start asking very specific stuff that might not even be relevant for me yet. Much like building a F1 car and only then realizing you don't have any wheels!

Cheers :D

Johan > I would say, learn:

- good movement, how to airdash after a hoverdash

- some mixups after a knockdown + note (hover dash j.S > 2K, empty hoverdash into a low, empty hoverdash into a throw..., hoverdash j.S to another short hoverdash, etc...)

- some counterhit combos, especially after 6H and STBT.

Is the trick to 5k HCL just doing it stupid fast?

What part of 5K > HCL > 6FRC6 are you having trouble with? Chaining 5K to HCL so that it stays red beat? Hitting the FRC? Getting the dash?

You have to JI the 5K, so most people do the input as 5K > 632147896K > 6FRC6. When dash-splitting the FRC, the forward inputs need to be within 10 frames of each other or you wont dash, and the second forward input has to be within 4 frames of doing the FRC or you'll fall below the minimum airdash height requirement, so yes, that part has to be done fast. Also, there's only 12 frames of block stun on 5K and HCL starts on frame 11, so you need to do the HCL pretty fast too. The game runs at 60 frames per second if you didn't know.

Try to do the inputs as clean as possible though, so you don't jump out of the HCL FRC or 5K > sj.K.

I was having problems with the 5k chaining to HCL, but I figured it out. had to let them fall a little bit before doing 5k.

Is the trick to 5k HCL just doing it stupid fast?

No, in fact a huge problem people have with it is that they do it too fast.

The trick to doing it is entering it as 63214K(hold kick)7896(release kick) forward FRC forward.

Most people try to do it as K -360- K 6FRC6 which is Y they have problems.

Another trick is to input the dash as 6 FRC 66 instead of 6 FRC 6. You'll want to get the right timing down but this will help u narrow the window down.

When u r learning this and u get super jump instead try to jump again to see if u hit your jump install.

C.s HCL is easier than 5K HCL

5K HCL is significantly easier than 2S HCL.

I don't know Y it works but u can FRC Airdash off a low (2s/2D) VCL FRC without jump installing.

Edited by Pestilence

I don't know Y it works but u can FRC Airdash off a low (2s/2D) VCL FRC without jump installing.

You can if you hoverdash and you hit 2S/2D just as you land. Hoverdash has an auto-jump install that's kept if you land without letting the stick be back to neutral.

The trick to doing it is entering it as 63214K(hold kick)7896(release kick) forward FRC forward.

Most people try to do it as K -360- K 6FRC6 which is Y they have problems.

This is merely your personal preference. His might be different so you cannot definitively say that one method is better than the other if another player feels differently.

I can't do the negative edge version to save my life. I learned the JI/TK version because that was easier for me. Regardless, mine are consistent.

I'm sure he will pick one of the two and decide which one works out best for him.

Johan > I would say, learn:

- good movement, how to airdash after a hoverdash

- some mixups after a knockdown + note (hover dash j.S > 2K, empty hoverdash into a low, empty hoverdash into a throw..., hoverdash j.S to another short hoverdash, etc...)

- some counterhit combos, especially after 6H and STBT.

Thanks man, appreciate that someone took the time to reply! Besides counterhit combos those are the things I started to work on more and more. I just wanted to see if there was anything particularly important I was missing out on in the start, since I can only guess what the biggest priorities are as I'm still new to the game. I think I've spent far too much time on HCL 6FRC6 for example, rather than learning which gatlings to use against different characters and distances, her options on block, how her neutral game works, her corner dive combos against each of the cast etc., but didn't immediately realize that those things (probably?) matter more.

Well, the technical barrier and the spectacular display of HCL 6FRC6 combos are one of the most appealing things with I-no, so it's natural to begin with it :p (actually that's why I started to play her)

But it's just a part of her gameplay, and some other things are as important or even more important than that. I-no is fragile, and if you want to win, you have to master how to move well, how to defend well, how to break your opponent's guard and how to confirm into big damage when you have the opportunity.

This is merely your personal preference. His might be different so you cannot definitively say that one method is better than the other if another player feels differently.

I can't do the negative edge version to save my life. I learned the JI/TK version because that was easier for me. Regardless, mine are consistent.

I'm sure he will pick one of the two and decide which one works out best for him.

I guess I should of been clearer, I was only having problems with connecting the HCL after a 5K. My 6FRC6 is fine. I figured every thing out though, the time you need to wait before doing 5k is wayy longer than I had imagined, but things are fine now.

yeah... when you are linking 5k hcl after something you have to wait a little so that the j.s vcl will hit after the air dash, personally , i do it as 6k 360 hcl 6frcc6 j.s vcl , works for me

Question about applying pressure:

How do I not get DP'd out of it?

Off mid-screen knockdowns I can use the note so it's not a problem but in the corner I tend to get over-eager and get DP'd out of my dashes.

What should I be doing to avoid this?

Question about applying pressure:

How do I not get DP'd out of it?

Off mid-screen knockdowns I can use the note so it's not a problem but in the corner I tend to get over-eager and get DP'd out of my dashes.

What should I be doing to avoid this?

While I am possibly not the best person to answer this as it happens to me too. But I would say fear. Bait the do by blocking then punish. Do that enough and they should want to stop doing that and start playing your game.

Sign in to follow this