Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

lots of ways to bait DP..

if there doing it everytime you dash in then its probably because you're being too predictable

use different options and don't dash in everytime. You can use f.s (works wonders in the corner). HCL , j.h whiff land into 2s or 2k, Note frc dash ,

dash after note oki but don't go for j.k, j.s just do raw stbt or just good ole dash then fd land.

Train the opponent not to DP then you can go for your more risky stuff on oki

Edited by SIne

Note to force them to block works as your basic thing. They might still buffer a DP in case you leave a gap, so you'll need to mix in:

f.S: You can't really dash in for a follow up out of this because it's not + enough on block, but you can frame trap with it. 6P/5H/2S/6H work great depending on what you wanna bait, and you can also HCL or do another f.S.

Low j.K: It's sort of hard to time, but you can time your dash > j.K such that you hit meaty but would land before a DP starts. Also doable with j.S, but I have more trouble with that when it should be easier with her sticking her body closer to the ground.

Dash j.H landing cancel: If you suspect a DP, delay your 2K/2S/2P, or do 2P early like you were gonna tick-throw, then block as they wake up.

VCL crossup or j.D FDC crossup shenanigans: Cross up their input and the DP doesn't come out. You have the option to FRC the VCL or keep blocking out of j.D FDC.

HCL FRC in the corner: It's +3 on block and HCL hits crouchers now at point blank. Just time it right since it goes active on 11 for 11 frames and the cancel is at 16/17. Do it too late and you'll get owned. FF VCL FRC also works, but you might get thrown because you'll land earlier.

Risky Fortissimo crossup: Fortissimo is great and it's scary as **** if you 50/50 it on wakeup like that. If they DP and guess the direction right you'll lose though, which sucks. The screen freeze lasts longer than our invul. :v: Still the best super ever.

I wouldn't try to STBT under a DP unless it's Ky's, but if you are playing Ky, you can low-profile under him with even 2K oki.

One more derp thing you can do in the corner is use H-Note oki instead of P-Note, so that it goes off the screen behind them as they're committing to blocking. It's super dumb for really slow walk-up throw, and that'll piss them off and scare them into doing DP more, which you can bait, or hitting buttons, which you can beat with regular oki. Also, simply standing there or walking towards someone on oki without a note covering you can scare them into blocking since they'll expect that you're baiting the DP, so that solves the problem. There's a risk of them hitting buttons and getting out for free though, so know when to use this (not often, usually when you have a large health lead and some meter so that you can afford to give them the initiative if they're not scared).

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Hi there, new I-No player here. I'm not sure where I'm supposed to post this question, but considering the fact that it's about a pretty basic combo, I thought the Q&A Faq would be the place.

Anyway, so I'm practicing her 6P launch combos right now. And I've found myself not hitting c.S consistently in the corner (6P > 5HS > j.HS > Sdive > c.S > etc), it seems that I'm doing something wrong so the enemy character will tech way earlier. I've tried delaying and doing the moves earlier, but I cannot comprehend what I do right when I do manage to get the full combo. Any help?

You should have gotten it by now, if not keep trying and make sure you have the aerial tech options set to either back or front.

Maybe you should try using a heavier character or getting familiar with the timing for 5P instead of c.S

I've been trying to figure how to pressure with I-No from oki and just normal blockstrings.

When I try things in training mode nothing really seems good. Can someone point me in the right direction? 

End some block strings in 2H.  It's +6 I think?  Or at long range go into f.S because that's also + on block, and then go into 5K/6P/2S/5D/HCL depending on what you think they'll do.

Also, instead of just pressuring, remember that you can high/low mixup off of 5K and c.S.  Don't always do it since the overhead options leave a gap.  TK Sdive is like 18frames of startup if you want to make sure it'll actually hit, and 5K/c.S have 12/13 frames block stun respectively.  With the extra airdash in +R it's a little more rewarding to go into j.D FDC j.K/j.S if you have meter, but you'll still have that 8 frames landing recovery if it's blocked, which still opens you up.

Once you have them thinking about going ground-to-ground against you with say 6P, you can STBT under them.  Once they start to poke with stuff like 2D to beat that, you can TK Sdive or even VCL FRC.  Of course it depends on what character you're playing against, as some of them have hitboxes that cover most of those options and force you to play different.

Also, if you have meter, you can 5H/2H into FB-Note.  That gives you enough time to set up another mixup.  FB-Dive is pretty awesome at sniping people who jump, and since you can cancel it at any time from frame 6-60, you can go right back into pressure if they block it, even if they're on the ground.

6P 5H JH Sdive c.S Is a timing issue, try inputting c.S sooner. 

As for whoever is eating Uppercuts in the corner.... Mix your note up, I tend to position the note right over an opponents head versus dragging it to the ground. If u do the same thing with your note every time, it's easy to read and. easier to deal with. That being said, when I know a character is capable of DPing out of a corner setup, I tend to bait it out, 664, block and punish. 5p c.S is an excellent starter that'll catch the opponent more often than not.

As for applying pressure. 2K. 2S, 2D, STBT(S) all hit low, 214D is a Godsend that I underrated before. STBT (H) is jump cancelable into any of your overheads (j.whatever) and j.D now has some nasty untech time. Dust has some new options but I've yet to find a really good dust combo in +R. She has 2 dashes which can be beneficial in applying pressure but it's also when she is most vulnerable to being punished.

Hey, so I played with Mike Z for a while tonight at casuals and we discovered that I-No can dodge SlideHead with 5K if you do it super late.  It's probably like the very first frame of 5K is airborne or something.  I need to investigate this further, but it's good to know.  Could also work in Xrd for all we know... need to investigate that too.

Wow ^ never found that, good shit man

I'm finding that I can sometimes get j.D FDC in +R to not have the landing recovery, though it usually does.  Not sure what I'm doing differently between instances, but sometimes I can combo in situations where it shouldn't if the landing recovery is there.

If we could reproduce this 100% it would make j.D FDC a hell of a lot more useful in +R, even if I-No has a lot more options in this game.  Still, why not have that extra tech?  Once you get used to the hold-FD method it's not even hard to do (compared to 5H > HCL > 6FRC6 stuff anyway).

Discoveries about FFj.D in +R:

1.  The window is wider than Xrd.  Wide enough for either airdash j.K > j.P > j.D to work, or j.K > j.S > j.D.  The latter must be SUPER tight though.

2.  When FFj.D is done right, you can jump cancel j.D's landing recovery.  You just airdashed so you're not jump canceling the j.D itself, and you can't do anything else on landing without the lag.  However, being able to jump cancel the recovery gives us meterless follow up options, and the ability to j.D FDC for additional mixup.  So like... airdash pressure string, except that where you could land after 3 overheads with j.H and go low, you use j.D instead and follow up with more overheads, or a combo if they get hit.  You can also adjust your height to either make the j.D hit or whiff to throw their timing off even further.  Frame trap into Fortissimo to bait throw and 6P attempts?

Edit:

Fun example combo vs Johnny starting at mid screen:

CH 5H > STBT-H > TK Pdive > dash j.H > FFj.D > land jump cancel > j.s > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive > Kdive          [223]

It's been nearly three years since anyone posted in here. There's a bit of a resurgence in some +R communities, so I figured I should make a "check-in" post.

• I have been actively updating I-No's +R wiki pages for the last several years. On the main page:
    • Overview Section is more robust with detailed explanations of her strengths and weaknesses.
    • Suggested Video section including tutorials/basics and some highlights of what the character can do at high level.
    • Move explanations are more detailed with tips on how to use them effectively.
    • In Progress: Links to images with hitboxes for every frame of I-No's moves (click the notation of the move itself directly above the image to go to one). I have a couple on there like 5P, 6P, 5K. It takes a lot of work to do, so this is slow going.
      • That 5K dodging slidehead is confirmed by the hitbox viewer. On the first frame her hurtbox rises slightly - only really enough to dodge Slidehead and nothing else (I've tested with other moves). Still cool to know about.
  • Combo Page: Haven't touched this very much yet. There's some good carryover stuff that Mynus and some others posted. I'll get around to adding to this eventually, but it's way lower on priority compared to other things since it's already pretty good.
  • Strategy Page:
    • Added some stuff like HCL:E and VCL:E.
    • More details on j.D FDC.
    • I wrote up a big thing about Fastfall j.D last year, but the post got eaten for some reason (I just couldn't post it, and then I couldn't go back to save it). I'll have to rewrite that. It's in the plans.
    • Also planned: Matchup specifics.
  • Other: Thanks to the hitbox viewer and OBS I've been testing some system mechanics and making updates to those parts of the wiki as well. We can confirm that the window to Instant Block is 8 frames wide, and that the window to Slashback is 2 frames. Need to check if the SB window gets bigger on success (since that was a thing for one of the Loketest builds prior to +R's launch), among other things.

Here's hoping the next version of Guilty Gear is awesome. Based on the recent announcement that it's in development, but not far enough along to talk about, along with the "Releases in 2019" thing on ArcSys's booth at EVO this year saying "Kill la Kill" and "???", and the fact that DBFZ is running Unreal 4 whereas Xrd runs Unreal 3, I'm going to guess that the next GG release will be a major overhaul and not just another patch.

Sign in to follow this