Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

learn to input your lows from 8 ie cs 8632+S14(789)6+K. or learn the JI timing when you land. the easiest way to do this is to hover dash and then immediatly go into a 2s 5h super-jump cancel, double jump. if you get the double jump, then you're timing right. if you can't get the double jump after the super jump then your timing is off.

you can tk off all JC normals like 5s, 6p, 5p, etc... for JI you can do it from a hover dash or from jc normals... for example: you can do 5k 8 5s 2s (2h) 632146 6frc6 and get the dash...just input 7,8 or 9 during the string... also remember you have to do the 6frc6 faster for JI for her to dash...lol and to mask sure you jump installed you could do something like 5p 8 5s 6p 632147896 k 6frc6 for the lulz..

Hmm, someone want to give me a general idea about how characterspecific i-no's combos are?

Also, anyone know of this video, im not sure of the i-no player, it might be koichi, but he pretty much just bodies a team. its almost like a combo video, its sick. So vague, but i dont remember much :(

^ well you pretty much described all of koichi matches : D

but seriously you gotta be a little more specific than that? do you remember the players? or at least the characters?

maybe it was this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRxruGr8-o

also I-no's combos are moderately character specific (all most as much as millia's) but she has stuff that work on the whole cast...

Gona as afew basic an stupid questions

for starts when your doing 5k HCL, do u buffer the 5K? i mean do u input 63214 5k 7896 5k

an this one seems easy for some but i seem to struggle, is there a buffer like above for 2s HCL, because trying to do it as it is is very hard, maybe im not fast enough....

5K6321476K

2S632146K

Do you play on pad or on stick? You know what? Either way, it doesn't matter, work on getting faster.

What kind of mistake are you making when you are trying to do this? For the 5K one, are you even getting a HCL? Or are you getting a superjump kick, or just a superjump? If you get a HCL but it's too high, or you get a j.K, then you are doing it too slow. If you are just getting a superjump, then you are doing it too fast, or are messing up the HCL motion.

i play on Stick, Sanwa stick.

the 5k hcl comes out alright, i just need to nail it so it stick to 1 high as its either higher or lower depending on the speed of input. i'll try your method since it has less inputs an might be faster.

As for the 2s hcl, i guess im just gonna learn to have to do it faster. Ino is a odd char where simple stuff is tougher than it seems

You want the whole 6321476 motion during the hitstop of the 5K or whatever move, then it's just a matter of timing your K button so that it's at the right height.

5K6321476K

2S632146K

Do you play on pad or on stick? You know what? Either way, it doesn't matter, work on getting faster.

What kind of mistake are you making when you are trying to do this? For the 5K one, are you even getting a HCL? Or are you getting a superjump kick, or just a superjump? If you get a HCL but it's too high, or you get a j.K, then you are doing it too slow. If you are just getting a superjump, then you are doing it too fast, or are messing up the HCL motion.

This is bad info. ^^^

If you're getting a superjump k you're mashing k instead of negative edging it. You can't negative edge into a normal.

If you're getting it "too high" you're not inputting it correctly because a TK HCL after 5K doesn't combo. The most likely reason for this is that you're holding the k button down too long. It is literally only a fraction of a second negative edge.

You don't have to do it nearly as fast as people think. Especially if you're on stick. I had to actually learn to slow things down when compared to on pad.

Also, 2S > 632146K makes absolutely no sense to do. Do it a 632S146K (though because of habit doing it on a full 360 is so much easier)

Lastly for manual jump installs like 2S, 2H, 2D, that you don't hoverdash into I find 5P>8>cS to be the easiest method of jump install.

You want the whole 6321476 motion during the hitstop of the 5K or whatever move, then it's just a matter of timing your K button so that it's at the right height.

No. 5K either cancels into HCL or it doesn't combo. There is no height to time.

...and once you get it! http://www.dustloop.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=22

Edited by bucklemyshoe

oh these are JI HCL, not TKs? well, whataever. just practice it till you get it

I think it's time to update some sections again...sorry for my absence. School + work + girl x n

I found an interesting motion for doing a TK Hs dive that doesn't accidentally get me a stroke the big tree if I do it too fast.

Instead of a TK chemical love motion (632147896), I do it backwards as if I was on the other side and 412369874+hs. It has been getting me really low tk hs dives great for combos. Just thought I'd share.

This is bad info. ^^^

2S > 632146K makes absolutely no sense to do. Do it a 632S146K (though because of habit doing it on a full 360 is so much easier)

No. 5K either cancels into HCL or it doesn't combo. There is no height to time.

Actually,....I use 2S > 6321476K. You cant say that it makes absolutely no sense. Maybe for you it doesnt, but that is just due to your personal preference. for me I use the above since it is more comfortable for me, and it ensures that im always doing a TK motion for any CL's i do and I never have to think about it again for any given situation, for him it may be different. Just use what you find most comfortable and consistant.

Also, with 5K > HCL, the height at which you hit them with 5K CAN make a huge difference. Try to tag them as late as possible with the 5K before they can tech out and your HCL afterwards should work 100% of the time. For this reason I always have my training dummy set to tech on the 2nd possible frame (which is the #1 on recovery frame option) so I know that I was off on my timing only by 1 frame. I-no gets alot of "black beat" combos that ppl dont tech out of, even if they are mashing or trying to simply because sometimes its only 1 frame the player was off in their combo (basically trying to 1 frame frc a tech...).

Oh yeah, something I've been meaning to ask, For how many frames is the Auto JI retained when you hover dash?

I'm going to have to assume, since I don't want to spend all day practicing CL FRCs. So assuming this is the same thing as From-Jump Jump Installing, then it'll retain JI properties up in till you enter some sort of neutral state. So upon landing from a jump (or hoverdash) you have to reversal some sort of move, whether a normal, special, or overdrive. And you'll preserve the JI as long as you never enter a state where you could block.

short answer: 1 frame

Was gonna start a thread but i'll ask here, Can u guys post some gimmicks/blockstrings u use to open your opponent with/without a note. just curious if there more to what im thinking, so far i got stuff like....

Dash > land 2k > combo

> fake j.hs > grab

> j.k > j.p > j.d > hit combo

> j.k > j.p ? j.d > HCL > backoff is string is blocked

> nothin and 6p their poke

> land > STBT

i guess these would be the same after a note but obviously i got more time, i dunno my arsenal just seems really limited with those.

While we're at it, i have to admit I-no seems like she has the worst pokes in the game and im forced to block long ass strings because im afraid i'll jump an get hit with anti air/anti bullshit or i'll throw out a backdash 6p an get lowed/trade in their favour

Edited by FlamesMacloud

Was gonna start a thread but i'll ask here, Can u guys post some gimmicks/blockstrings u use to open your opponent with/without a note. just curious if there more to what im thinking, so far i got stuff like....

Dash > land 2k > combo

> fake j.hs > grab

> j.k > j.p > j.d > hit combo

> j.k > j.p ? j.d > HCL > backoff is string is blocked

> nothin and 6p their poke

> land > STBT

i guess these would be the same after a note but obviously i got more time, i dunno my arsenal just seems really limited with those.

While we're at it, i have to admit I-no seems like she has the worst pokes in the game and im forced to block long ass strings because im afraid i'll jump an get hit with anti air/anti bullshit or i'll throw out a backdash 6p an get lowed/trade in their favour

That's one of the points why she's low, but anyways, for j.k>j.p>j.D/whatever I would use j.k>j.s because j.s gives more blockstun than j.p and if you follow it with a j.d the enemy won't be able to retaliate ( depends on what they are using to retaliate )

Also, try to learn to do the j.D FD cancel for a nice cross-up, you have to be close to use it.

Don't forget about long range HCL >> knockdown, then hover dash and cross with j.k>>air super for a nice chunk of damage ( I'm not sure about the character-specificness of this cross-up )

The j.HS feint can be used a lot against people who like to block ( hi2u Poti players )

That feint into 2k is pretty nice, do the feint twice then 2k to add a little spice and make them fear you more :D

Hope this helps.

yea helps loads, i practiced that cross-up but to do it without bursting is gonna take me awhile. after tje frst j.hs feint im guess they'll proberly start mashing somethingbut as u said it might be nice against pot players an defensive minded players

Sign in to follow this