Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXDA4fEZ6Xw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbW2QPQANhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsN6lPyQ2q8

well there is no frame linking but its kinda like a kara from j.d into fd the timing is really tight..have fun accidentally bursting...:v:

it can also be used to cross up and kinda 'hop' on the other side of the opponent in a block string..maybe even fuzzy guard!!!

Edited by SIne

Hey, since any of I-No's aerials gatlings to j.D, and we can FDC j.D, we can basically faultless out of any aerial to burst bait, right? Or we can make use of this to bait things like uppercuts when you expect the enemy Sol to expect your j.D mixup and go for VV (not that that's a particularly good idea, but it's unexpected as hell to most people - might lead to 5K > HCL > whatever).

How long could you float if you do something like IAD j.K > j.S > FDC j.D > j.K > FDC j.D > repeat, assuming they don't try to get out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUDmL0vaxSI&feature=plcp#t=15m19s

Does anybody know how koichi is doing that IAD after the st.hard slash? The timing on it is ridiculous... Is there a trick to get the quickest possible iad after a jump cancelable move? There is that awkward hit stun feel on st.hard slash which makes the iad buffer really difficult to execute.

you can use it to bait all DP, yes but.. perhaps i wasn't clear on this, but you have to jump before the flauntless defense cancel works...

so a string like dash j.s j.d fdc cancel j.s or j.k is only possible one extra time as the game allows you only 2 jumps..but you can go into a low or overhead and apparently you can just fd instead of j.d the FD if you wanted to do something like j.k j.s j.d fd you can just do j.k j.s fd to bait dp so the only real, practical application this has is to stall in the air for a fraction of a second longer then dash away to escape pressure or on oki to go into a quick overhead or fake overhead low..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUDmL0vaxSI&feature=plcp#t=15m19s

Does anybody know how koichi is doing that IAD after the st.hard slash? The timing on it is ridiculous... Is there a trick to get the quickest possible iad after a jump cancelable move? There is that awkward hit stun feel on st.hard slash which makes the iad buffer really difficult to execute.

Not really, just practice the timing for the iad, 5H hit stun is pretty long so just grind it out until you find the right rhythm . You can however opt to normal or super jump air dash so I would recommend trying both options and seeing which works for you. I use super jump method.

http://youtu.be/5x7PvRH4QO8

Has anyone else seen this? During Koichi's I-no matches this guy is doing hover iad's ridiculously fast and low. Usually when I do them I have to be a certain height before inputting the 96 to perform the iad. Possibly something to do with her gaining another air dash in +R but right now I'm stumped cause I can't seem to replicate that in vanilla AC. Let me know if anything.

edit: don't know, it looks like fastest possible timing to me, with 6,6, 6,6?

@ minus: did you ever post those player impressions from arcadia magazine? i just remembered reading that you were going to translate some of them.

Edited by AtTheGates

edit: don't know, it looks like fastest possible timing to me, with 6,6, 6,6?

@ mynus: did you ever post those player impressions from arcadia magazine? i just remembered reading that you were going to translate some of them.

I actually found the timing he was doing, it was basically just a real quick fluid 669, 56. No timing for height requirement needed really. Got it super low to the ground off the dash and real fast.

BTW yeah i got raped by school so I forgot about it lol. Thanks for reminding me I really want to do it.

can you guys share your way of jump installing 5K into HCL and 5HS JI HCL... like inputs. it has been bothering me. I tried a bunch of input variations for 5K JI and the one I'm using now is 63214K7896K 6FRC6 but its a bit slow for punishing bursts and some reversals and my success rate with it is pretty low. As for 5HS JI, its just weird ... I agree with Diar on "awkward hit stun feel on st.hard slash"

for 5k hcl 6frc6 air dash

I input it like a fast 360, so off something like a STBT crouching confirm i do 5 or (6)k (i do forward cause it moves her slightly closer and it works for me) 63247896 k 6frc6

the negative edge method does not work for me, which is what i believe you are doing.... you can also refer to this..:

Caveman had listed down all the possible ways to execute 5K JI HCL a couple of years ago:

5K 632147~8~9K (easiest in the sense that there's no weird timing or concept to use, just do fast and accurately)

63214K 7~8~96K (Caveman's preferred one, IIRC; buffer the half-circle in 5K and then just add 2 more inputs to complete the HCL motion)

5[K] 632147~8~96]K[ or 63214[K] 7~8~96]K[ (negative edged; makes it extremely easy once you can get used to button release timing)

5K 360K (an ok method; I don't like it since it's less accurate but if it works for you it works)

and here is a vid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwpPKhCkZg&feature=g-upl

Off 5h i just 360 as well i input it like 63247896 k 6frc6

I actually found the timing he was doing, it was basically just a real quick fluid 669, 56. No timing for height requirement needed really. Got it super low to the ground off the dash and real fast.

BTW yeah i got raped by school so I forgot about it lol. Thanks for reminding me I really want to do it.

Mynus, let me know if it's a lot of work and you want to split the translation load too. I do translation as a side job so it's no biggie.

I just came back from a long hiatus. Me and my best friend are looking to dabble in this again and thinking about finally getting back into I-no. How has she shaped up with the most recent revision in your guys' opinions?

I just came back from a long hiatus. Me and my best friend are looking to dabble in this again and thinking about finally getting back into I-no. How has she shaped up with the most recent revision in your guys' opinions?

Amazing.

she is awesome as hell now, looking very strong now with double air dash and new fb note... Honnou, i think you should sticky the new video and changes thread for accent core R

Uh, if it's frame data for +R, I think I'd be happy with ALL OF IT. Assuming you have time. That's a hell of a lot of work to do.

I actually want to know about I-No's 6H. What's the damage on that thing, now that it has 2 hits? Is it going to be our super high damage corner option assuming we have meter for ... > 6H > 5K > HCL FRC > whatever, now that 6P has that forced prorate on it?

Other than that, any major attack level changes? It sounds like one of Dizzy's fish is a lvl6 now, for example.

Uh, if it's frame data for +R, I think I'd be happy with ALL OF IT. Assuming you have time. That's a hell of a lot of work to do.

I actually want to know about I-No's 6H. What's the damage on that thing, now that it has 2 hits? Is it going to be our super high damage corner option assuming we have meter for ... > 6H > 5K > HCL FRC > whatever, now that 6P has that forced prorate on it?

Other than that, any major attack level changes? It sounds like one of Dizzy's fish is a lvl6 now, for example.

20+52, up from 52 in AC. Lv 4,5. Start-up, active, recover, +/- is 7, 1 (7) 8,17, -6.

In other words, same duration with 1 frame worth 20 dmg. No i-no level changes or drops in base damage (90% force prorate on 6P still true though and probably something on dive but forgot to look). F.S recovery is in fact 1F now with 60% force prorate instead of 50% (originally mentioned in loketest notes) Dust now 29 frames instead of 25... although slowing dusts down by 2 frames seems pretty much across the board, so a bit odd she got hit harder when her's wasn't great already.

Edited by 9TNine

Why would they slow down 5H's for all chars? You have a lot worse mixups to worry about in this game and with I-no than a 5D. Strange logic...

Why would they slow down 5H's for all chars? You have a lot worse mixups to worry about in this game and with I-no than a 5D. Strange logic...

One huge change I just noticed and hope is wrong is airthrow's range was nerfed from 93 dots to 80 dots (!)... 8 less than the average...

It makes sense, but... :(

Nerfed Airthrow. :gonk:

All 5Ds were nerfed for the online play, although it is silly to nerf I-No's more than other characters'. I guess it's because her mixup has so many options for going high/low, and the mental lag associated with being prepared for one more overhead is threatening, considering that I-No has more options to keep pressure on with that extra airdash and jump cancelable strokes. It would probably be a worthwhile mixup to go with in +R considering FB note will get full hits even without moving across the screen, so they're forced to block it, and they'd have to block right with a cranked guard bar, which would offset the steep GB- on a dust. Think of the ID combos we'll probably have - I bet it'll be our new high-damage option if we can ever land it offline.

Oh yeah, I think it was 90% prorate on Sdive, if I remember those early notes correctly. I think FB dive also got a 10% forced prorate... not sure if that was there before or if I'm right. I seem to remember something about increasing the prorate on either j.K or j.D, but I forget. Could you check those later if you get the chance? I remember being bummed at first by I-No getting so many prorates, but after thinking about it, I decided she was still more exciting than Millia because Millia basically does 20-30% off of a poke every time (defense based variance), whereas I-No might go for the 20% option or the 50% option (based on the setup and meter, which we have tons of). We can find ways around the 6P forced prorate, and can always poke with our slightly buffed 2S when we want a low. Honestly, air blockstring > FBdive > immediate cancel > 2S seems so strong. Hell, FBdive > cancel > 5D might be a reason for the 5D nerf in and of itself. Perfectly possible to hit I-No out of, but if unexpected, seriously dangerous to block wrong.

Is FBdive still lvl 4?

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Nerfed Airthrow. :gonk:

All 5Ds were nerfed for the online play, although it is silly to nerf I-No's more than other characters'. I guess it's because her mixup has so many options for going high/low, and the mental lag associated with being prepared for one more overhead is threatening, considering that I-No has more options to keep pressure on with that extra airdash and jump cancelable strokes. It would probably be a worthwhile mixup to go with in +R considering FB note will get full hits even without moving across the screen, so they're forced to block it, and they'd have to block right with a cranked guard bar, which would offset the steep GB- on a dust. Think of the ID combos we'll probably have - I bet it'll be our new high-damage option if we can ever land it offline.

Oh yeah, I think it was 90% prorate on Sdive, if I remember those early notes correctly. I think FB dive also got a 10% forced prorate... not sure if that was there before or if I'm right. I seem to remember something about increasing the prorate on either j.K or j.D, but I forget. Could you check those later if you get the chance? I remember being bummed at first by I-No getting so many prorates, but after thinking about it, I decided she was still more exciting than Millia because Millia basically does 20-30% off of a poke every time (defense based variance), whereas I-No might go for the 20% option or the 50% option (based on the setup and meter, which we have tons of). We can find ways around the 6P forced prorate, and can always poke with our slightly buffed 2S when we want a low. Honestly, air blockstring > FBdive > immediate cancel > 2S seems so strong. Hell, FBdive > cancel > 5D might be a reason for the 5D nerf in and of itself. Perfectly possible to hit I-No out of, but if unexpected, seriously dangerous to block wrong.

Is FBdive still lvl 4?

2P still proroates 80%, 2K still %75, j.k still %90 and j.d still %80 so no changes on those.

S.dive is %80 (not forced) (new but mentioned in loketest changes). FB Dive forced 80% (you're right, this is new (don't remember loketest notes) although damage now 20x5 instead of 14x5). Still lvl 4.

Heh, 10% forced prorate. I'm so out of it right now that I'm thinking backwards. I meant 90%, and it sucks that it's actually 80%.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. I just remembered something else. FBdive also has slight invincibility on startup now right? I think I remember it getting something like 1-4 frames strike invul. If that's true, can you also mention if it has the same startup time?

Heh, 10% forced prorate. I'm so out of it right now that I'm thinking backwards. I meant 90%, and it sucks that it's actually 80%.

Anyway, thanks for posting that. I just remembered something else. FBdive also has slight invincibility on startup now right? I think I remember it getting something like 1-4 frames strike invul. If that's true, can you also mention if it has the same startup time?

Fb duration looks identical, but invicibility may be on 6-9? Something's different there.

Also noticed that S STBT prorates 80%, and HS STBT 90%. Hs version's 2nd frc was moved (known info) from 22-24 to 26-28.

Another interesting thing as we haven't talked about FB Note really is that the air frc is the same duration and timing as regular air note. However the ground version is 2 frames (like regular ground one) except frames 18 and 19 instead of 22-23.

Aww man, Stroke(S) is 80%?

Early FRC on ground FB note is probably useful though. Seems like it would be possible to gatling into FB note, then FRC into a mixup > another blockstring, with no gaps. I'm hoping the speed buff on Hdive helps us use it in combos for corner carry, so we wont have to spend as much meter on HCL FRCs. I wonder if 5K > tk'd Hdive works.

*Edit*

Nah, that wouldn't be possible. 5K is a lvl 2. When you factor the time it takes to leave the ground before starting Psycho Crusher, it'll never link... maybe if it was a CH 5K, but it'd pretty much be frame perfect, so you couldn't hit-confirm the CH. There's no point trying.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Sign in to follow this