Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

Early FRC on ground FB note is probably useful though. Seems like it would be possible to gatling into FB note, then FRC into a mixup > another blockstring, with no gaps. I'm hoping the speed buff on Hdive helps us use it in combos for corner carry, so we wont have to spend as much meter on HCL FRCs. I wonder if 5K > tk'd Hdive works.

*Edit*

Nah, that wouldn't be possible. 5K is a lvl 2. When you factor the time it takes to leave the ground before starting Psycho Crusher, it'll never link... maybe if it was a CH 5K, but it'd pretty much be frame perfect, so you couldn't hit-confirm the CH. There's no point trying.

Pretty sure, it doesn't work because 5K is not jump cancellable. Maybe u could get it to work following a STBT in the corner vs Faust. Since it's possible to link 5K to j.K on him.

Early FRC on ground FB note is probably useful though. Seems like it would be possible to gatling into FB note, then FRC into a mixup > another blockstring, with no gaps. I'm hoping the speed buff on Hdive helps us use it in combos for corner carry, so we wont have to spend as much meter on HCL FRCs. I wonder if 5K > tk'd Hdive works.

*Edit*

Nah, that wouldn't be possible. 5K is a lvl 2. When you factor the time it takes to leave the ground before starting Psycho Crusher, it'll never link... maybe if it was a CH 5K, but it'd pretty much be frame perfect, so you couldn't hit-confirm the CH. There's no point trying.

Pretty sure, it doesn't work because 5K is not jump cancellable.

Edited by Pestilence

Pestilence, I uh....

5K is jump cancelable. How else would 5K > HCL work? You have to jump install it... remember? Maybe you should work on those Stroke(S) > 5K > j.S corner combos that were posted a few months back so you'll have a reason to do anything besides dash out of 5K? Or maybe you should go to bed early or take a few days off.

@MoogleKing:

So anyway, Pdive (Sultry Performance with the Punch button) can cancel into a dash or special move after frame 9 of the bouncing part after it hits or is blocked. This is the one you see used in combos, usually involving j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash > j.H > Pdive > Kdive. For starting execution practice, I liked to do this corner combo: 6P > 5H > j.H > Pdive > dash > j.H > FFVCL > c.S > follow ups. Linking j.H out of Pdive is more difficult than j.S, so practicing that is more useful (you'll be able to link the j.S for sure if you can get the j.H). Don't ever expect to use that combo in a real match though, since you generally wont be right up on someone's nuts in the corner and land a 6P starter. If you can already do other combos well forget I even mentioned it.

For K or S, the only option would be to RC, then dash. For the H version, you could RC and dash, or wait for the FRC and dash after that.

In any of these cases, you'll need to still have your dash.

The FB version (using the Dust button) can currently be held and canceled before it starts, and you can dash out of that, or you can wait until you recover and dash. In +R, you'll be able to cancel it at any time between frames 6 and 60, so you could start it, cancel it, and dash, or hit them anywhere from 1-5 times with it before canceling into your dash. In either case, this move gives you back your jump options, so you'll be able to do this even if you already used your airdash!

It's going to be ****ing awesome since it's still untechable for 60 frames. Even with the 80% Forced Prorate, I think you get more damage than before by canceling after the first hit into dash > FFVCL > VCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > whatever. Those first 4 hits would be doing 14 damage or whatever in AC, but in +R you replace them with 36, 36, 25, 36 (accounting for the proration). Even when you don't do this because you're not in the corner, the damage was buffed to 20 per hit, so it's still better than before.

Hope that helps.

@TheRealBobMan:

Silly me... I didn't think it could be a +R buff. Yeah I was refering to her FB version. Sorry I made you explain all that, although I appreciate extra info.

That's awesome, can't wait for +R lool.

It did help. Thanks a lot.

Pestilence, I uh....

5K is jump cancelable. How else would 5K > HCL work? You have to jump install it... remember? Maybe you should work on those Stroke(S) > 5K > j.S corner combos that were posted a few months back so you'll have a reason to do anything besides dash out of 5K? Or maybe you should go to bed early or take a few days off.

lol i was high as hell. u didnt even see the part of the post i deleted. lol luckily i went into training mode to try things out and realized my mistake and how irrelevant it was to the discussion.

^^^ yea 6P 5H HCL FRC 66 is not an acceptable replacement for 5K HCL 6FRC6. Learn to do 5K first, otherwise it'll really hamper your ability to learn how to do 5K HCL combos properly.

If u r brand new learn

5H j.H P Dive 66 j.H P dive K dive. (corner) (once u get this down, learn how to do it as an impossible dust by adding Dust, j.H/j.S VCL to the beginning of it)

6P STBT S 5K HCL (don't worry about FRCing it yet, just get the basics down)

Anti-Air with 5P c.S j.S j.H, Dive or HCL

Hoverdash, j.K, 2k (the secret to getting these to connect is that u have to be falling from the hoverdash when u input the j.K)

Set the CPU to counter hit first, then STBT S hoverdash j.S, j.H, S Dive.

FRC the note on the ground into hoverdash.

These are some beginner friendly bits that u will deff incorporate into your game later on. Be prepared, learning I-No is not easy and takes a serious investment of your time.

hey guys,

i've been learning i-no combos and i've been having trouble landing the j.s xx 632146s after hcl 6frc6. whenever i hit the j.s xx 632146s, for some reason it hits in a way that doesn't allow me to combo 5h afterwards. i sort of gain a bit of upwards momentum when landing the 632146s instead of falling straight down. could any of you give me some advice?

hey guys,

i've been learning i-no combos and i've been having trouble landing the j.s xx 632146s after hcl 6frc6. whenever i hit the j.s xx 632146s, for some reason it hits in a way that doesn't allow me to combo 5h afterwards. i sort of gain a bit of upwards momentum when landing the 632146s instead of falling straight down(fastfall VCL). could any of you give me some advice?

what's happening is that you're not getting a fastfall VCL. You're probably not hitting j.s after your 6frc6 fast enough. Keep in mind though that on certain characters, Sol for example, it's a lot harder to get the fastfall VCL because under certain conditions, j.s seems to hit a bit later than normal, putting you out of the frame window for the fastfall VCL.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but to get the fastfall, you have to get VCL to come out during airdash frames. I-No's airdash currently lasts 15 frames, and will last 18 in +R.

Also, unless in the corner, I tend to go for j.H > j.D > nonFF VCL > 5P on Sol. Or a simple j.S > j.H > 5K. At some range and height combinations the FFVCL doesn't seem to connect, but pushing him into the corner makes it much more consistent.

I'm trying to learn I-No and things haven't really going that smoothly. Right now I can't get my FRCs consistently and I was getting frustrated with it. I tried doing some throw resets but it's all guess work. I haven't really seen anything so I tried it on my own.

From midscreen with any air normal I can get: (2K > 2S > 2D > 41236H RC > dash > back throw)

This works on back and neutral tech, if I think they are going to forward tech I don't need to RC and I can react to the tech. Are there any other resets I should know about? Am I on the right track?

I'm trying to learn I-No and things haven't really going that smoothly. Right now I can't get my FRCs consistently and I was getting frustrated with it. I tried doing some throw resets but it's all guess work. I haven't really seen anything so I tried it on my own.

From midscreen with any air normal I can get: (2K > 2S > 2D > 41236H RC > dash > back throw)

This works on back and neutral tech, if I think they are going to forward tech I don't need to RC and I can react to the tech. Are there any other resets I should know about? Am I on the right track?

I would seriously recommend watching high level play and emulating/studying their play. What you are doing now would be called a waste of resources, as using 50% tension on a combo that is not guaranteed/does little noticeable damage with a prorated starter/is a reset basically is not a good look.

Frustration when learning I-no is understandable but it is something all of us have experienced at one point in time and you really just have to work past it.

Please utilize the video forums and or YouTube/Niconico to get yourself acclimated to what you should be seeing/doing. If you need some help finding good I-no footage/players let us know.

STBT H (in AC at least, not too familiar about the +R changes yet) has a FRC point, so there is no reason to even RC that, and if you were going to, u should just follow it up by continuing the combo into a knockdown. Players often will FRC Stroke the Big Tree (41236H) into a throw, but usually only if it's some form of win-con IE if they FRC the throw into a combo, the 100 or less damage they get from spending 50% tension will kill the opponent.

Also, I-No has tons and tons of throw setups, just do as suggested above, watch some youtube vids of Koichi, Ten, Yossan, Inoue, Attsun.

U really shouldn't spend any tension on RC with I-No, she can cancel into HCL from almost any normal, and what she can't cancel into it from (2P 5P 2K) she can easily combo into another normal that can.

Edited by Pestilence

Yeah, I actually have a question regarding how FRC's actually work that's related to StrokeH. I was always under the impression that if you cancel a move, you lose that frame of activity. Turns out that if you FRC StrokeH on the last frame in +R (I tested with a friend's Vita version), which is on frame 28 (window is 26-28, and it goes active on 28), you get the cancel but the move still connects. I tried getting Pot to FDB it and I tried clashing it against Stun Edge, but it's not considered a projectile now, so I don't know what's up with that. *Edit* Not that it ever was, but that would have been an explanation for it if they changed it.

I mean, I thought that it was a big issue in the Baiken vs Testament matchup because Sakura counter is only active for 2 frames, with the FRC being one of them and Testie's webs removing an active frame when you attack them.

Anyway, off of 2K, you're probably not going to get much damage, so get what you can, push toward the corner, knock down, and get your oki. It's almost never worth 50% to attempt a reset. The only reason I say "almost" is because of that unconventional vs conventional thing from the Art of War where in 0.0001% of games, that's the right move.

You should be able to do 2K > 6P > 5H on just about everyone but Sol, and go into some sort of follow up out of that, though it'll be a bit harder to get knockdown at the end. You'll get more corner push though. Otherwise 2K > 2S > 2D > HCL works for knockdown into note into oki.

Really, look up some videos. Koichi is super fun to watch. *Edit* Also look up U-Zen, Ten, 2Rio, and OSCA.

Edited by TheRealBobMan

Sorry I was away in Orlando for the weekend. Thanks for the advice and I'll try to find some matches. Should I look on nico or youtube? And is there a specific channel? Thanks again.

And I thought you could FRC STBT before the active frames.

Edited by Vosetri

Either website is fine I guess. Goldenrody has a great youtube channel full of GG videos, and plenty of the other guys here have good videos uploaded too. Buckles/Pestilence has some good 10-20 second videos of combos on his channel, and some longer tutorials.

Stroke H has 2 different FRC windows. One is early after it starts up, and one is right before it goes active. My comment was about how now the second window aligns with the first active frame, such that it's possible to cancel it and still have it go active (I didn't think this was possible since I though the active frame would be replaced with a cancel frame - I guess this means that canceling does not "spend" 1 frame of time). You can still cancel it 1 or 2 frames before active and throw or do other things, or cancel during the first window and do whatever.

So like, dibs on normal +R HS color. LOL. Enjoying the hell out some +R Ino right now.

Sign in to follow this