Sign in to follow this  
Xtra_Zero

CS Mechanics

Something ... feels .. different about CS. Things feel snappier, more GG-like. Did they ditch the stupid buffer CT had?

CT had a stupid buffer? The only thing I remember being weird with CT inputs was the lack of negative edge. Does CS have negative edge, or are the subtle things you're feeling a result of (what looks like from sitting in my recliner watching videos on the internet) better flowing matchups?

Nono, like, I go to arcade, I play gaem, gaem feels different. I don't think CS has Negative Edge either. Though I didn't explicitly test for that.

New sticks and buttons? Maybe you're sitting in a different chair? New shoes?!

only thing that buffers more than bbct is realplayer on a dial up connection

I'm pretty confident 95%+ of dustloop posters would not benefit from blazblue's input buffer being removed. That is to say, I don't believe the execution of most players is good enough here the removal will then give them an advantage over others in the tournament scene (that they didn't already have an advantage over). It helps you do the moves you want to do, when you want to do them... Sirlin would approve.

I never had a problem with the buffer doing moves I didn't want it too, and I have never enjoyed the harder=better philosophy. Also correct me if I am wrong but didn't GG have like a 3 frame buffer or something or maybe I'm thinking of another game.

I never had a problem with the buffer doing moves I didn't want it too, and I have never enjoyed the harder=better philosophy. Also correct me if I am wrong but didn't GG have like a 3 frame buffer or something or maybe I'm thinking of another game.

Slayer players dont think so.

Slayer players dont think so.

Ha yeah your right now that I think about it I remember those links being trickier than they would be with a buffer(thinks back do corner fujin loop...and as you mentioned slayer links O_8), but overall BBs frame buffer is pretty good, it helps some tricky links be more doable and I mean its not MBAAs 12 frames O_o_O_o_O, which actually does cause the fuck I didn't mean to do that scenarios.

According to what I've seen, there has been more bounce added to the game. A lot of characters' loops that we see today are because their opponents bounce off the wall or on the ground. Bang's recent jump in playability is because he can extend his combos via wall bouncing (623B) which adds enough frames for him to do Supers. Ragna's 214C ground bounces the opponent leading into extended combos. Corner traps from Lambda/Litchi; and most noticeably Noel's new ground bounce combo. People are also settling more into the new Guard Primer system- people block more comfortably and therefore keep their guard up for people to do perform ridiculously lengthy high attacks or primer breakers where in the old game, people were just faster responding blockers. And airdash dropping. People airdash and fall straight diagonal- therefore leading to more options than hopelessly staying a trajectory.

According to what I've seen, there has been more bounce added to the game. A lot of characters' loops that we see today are because their opponents bounce off the wall or on the ground. Bang's recent jump in playability is because he can extend his combos via wall bouncing (623B) which adds enough frames for him to do Supers. Ragna's 214C ground bounces the opponent leading into extended combos. Corner traps from Lambda/Litchi; and most noticeably Noel's new ground bounce combo.

People are also settling more into the new Guard Primer system- people block more comfortably and therefore keep their guard up for people to do perform ridiculously lengthy high attacks or primer breakers where in the old game, people were just faster responding blockers.

And airdash dropping. People airdash and fall straight diagonal- therefore leading to more options than hopelessly staying a trajectory.

Bang's tier shift has nothing to do with his wallbounce loop. You're just making shit up.

According to what I've seen, there has been more bounce added to the game. A lot of characters' loops that we see today are because their opponents bounce off the wall or on the ground. Bang's recent jump in playability is because he can extend his combos via wall bouncing (623B) which adds enough frames for him to do Supers. Ragna's 214C ground bounces the opponent leading into extended combos. Corner traps from Lambda/Litchi; and most noticeably Noel's new ground bounce combo.

People are also settling more into the new Guard Primer system- people block more comfortably and therefore keep their guard up for people to do perform ridiculously lengthy high attacks or primer breakers where in the old game, people were just faster responding blockers.

And airdash dropping. People airdash and fall straight diagonal- therefore leading to more options than hopelessly staying a trajectory.

Bang's new combos are possible because they lowered a lot of the tech value of his normals, allowing him to combo off of more than one 623B. The tier shifting has very little relation to bouncing/sliding effects.

They also removed the time aspect reducing hitstun so these longer combos are now possible.

In CT Bang can combo into super from pretty much any ground combo, even after a 623B, on most of the cast. The difference is that, in CS, it's braindead easy to do it from practically any hit due to multiple factors: 1): 5B's attack level was raised, so it combos into 623B 2): 2B starts up quicker 3): 623B does indeed bounce higher off the wall And his higher tier placement is indeed promoted by better overall damage, especially from his AA hits that now lead into decent combos. However, the bulk of his newfound prowess comes from changes to his normals and the rest of the cast receiving nerfs.

In CT Bang can combo into super from pretty much any ground combo, even after a 623B, on most of the cast. The difference is that, in CS, it's braindead easy to do it from practically any hit due to multiple factors:

1): 5B's attack level was raised, so it combos into 623B

2): 2B starts up quicker

3): 623B does indeed bounce higher off the wall

And his higher tier placement is indeed promoted by better overall damage, especially from his AA hits that now lead into decent combos. However, the bulk of his newfound prowess comes from changes to his normals and the rest of the cast receiving nerfs.

Yeah, Bang was epic in CT, now he's like Jin. Almost makes me not want to play him anymore. Almost.

The discussion is about the change in mechanics. I'm not discussing Bang's raised combat ability (but I do claim some of it helps his combos), but the fact that there IS some more bounce and slide to his attacks. WUT admits it's there, even though it's not solely responsible for his potential. That's just one of the reasons the game may feel different- characters' attacks have this physic. Here's a direct example: compare Lambda's 214D to Nu's 214D. One bounces higher while the other simply bumps and then slides a bit. Whether the techable time is the same or not for these bounce physics (I think it's the same), the fact that the opponents bounce off the floor and raise their hitbox opens up more possibilities for combos since it's easier to combo a target from a neutral-like position instead of a floor-hugging position. Even if the player doesn't take that opportunity, the game will still seem different in that regard- the same way that games in this generation feel different because of UT3's physics.

I swear there are too many lingos to keep up with.:psyduck: Some please explain to me wtf a negative edge is.

It's also worth mentioning that, aside from certain character's drives, there is no negative edge in Blazblue, but the frame buffer makes up for that.

Or more specifically: when you have to time _releasing_ the button to perform certain combos. Taokaka's C attacks are all on the negative edge for example.

There's been some weird things happening to me in BBCS:

I'm in the air blocking attacks from my opponent, and when I land my block, for some reason, just stops and I get hit, even though I'm still holding the button to block. Have they changed something since CT, like forcing you to recover from landing or something?

Edit: Ah, never mind. I found out what it was. Apparently if you charge in the air with Tsubaki, the blocking stops for a moment when landing.