Sign in to follow this  
FlashMetroid

Jams Basics Thread

Lately I've been practicing the ground chain, and about 80% of the time I drop the combo halfway through. So, my question is: do you have to start the chain off with a certain move, such as 6H, 6P, or 5H? Does this affect how much hit stun they have before they're able to block again?

Mine usually ends up like this: 5H(3) > 6H > dropped combo. Sometimes I can mash 6P and it keeps the combo going, but I doubt this is all luck (or any combos for that matter).

There's probably a small frame window when I can input the 6P, but I've been unable to find it so far. Any insight would be great.

Edit: Also, does it matter if you start this chain after a 2H CH? Would that affect the hit stun during the combo at all?

I usually do r.K > S > H(3) > 6H, 6P(1) > H(3) > 6H, etc.

For the 6H, 6P link, it's all a matter of learning the proper timing. What move starts the combo shouldn't make any difference.

Go to training mode, do H(3) > 6H, then hold back on the stick, see how long it takes before she starts walking back. That should give you an idea on when to press 6P.

after 6H you can input moves like 2D, 5S, or 6P depending on the range. you have to link it, its not a direct gatling, you just have to input the move very quickly after your 6H recovers. Its not something you can mash consistently, you're going to have to get the timing down. It doesnt matter what you start the combo with. it doesnt matter what the combo starts with as long as it goes into 6H, the previous moves only determine how far away the opponent is gonna be after you hit them, which somewhat changes what you can and cant link into combo. If you're not sure, then just go for 2D and knockdown.

Lately I've been practicing the ground chain, and about 80% of the time I drop the combo halfway through. So, my question is: do you have to start the chain off with a certain move, such as 6H, 6P, or 5H? Does this affect how much hit stun they have before they're able to block again?

Mine usually ends up like this: 5H(3) > 6H > dropped combo. Sometimes I can mash 6P and it keeps the combo going, but I doubt this is all luck (or any combos for that matter).

There's probably a small frame window when I can input the 6P, but I've been unable to find it so far. Any insight would be great.

Edit: Also, does it matter if you start this chain after a 2H CH? Would that affect the hit stun during the combo at all?

Pretty much everything the others guys said about timing, and also 6p first hit only is the best thing to follow up after the reset of your 6HS cause it doesn't push the opponent back as much as the other hits, letting you loop it again depending on your distance, but out of the rest its hardest, or at least it was for me. When I used to play Jam I would mess up the 6P in the beginning cause my timing was off. I would walk forward a nudge then use it so using 6P get used to pressing it at the right time so you dont move forward at all. If anything 2S is the easiest to put in after say: 6P, S, HS, 6HS (wait till you think shes back to neutral), 2S, then go to town. When working on new combos that may be long or have pieces with hard timing I take it a step at a time. So just try to get the timing on the hit after 6HS and nothin else till your get the confidence/feel of it to make up more.

HEY XKUN01! O,,..,,O :v: .

Jo:Sup!:keke: The 6P after the 6HS is best inputted 2 seconds at best. Though I suggest the 5HS(3) into 6k, since it can go into 2HS if its connected, and into ryujin. Pretty neat, since 6K into 5HS can be looped twice at best.

Jo:Sup!:keke:

The 6P after the 6HS is best inputted 2 seconds at best.

Though I suggest the 5HS(3) into 6k, since it can go into 2HS if its connected, and into ryujin.

Pretty neat, since 6K into 5HS can be looped twice at best.

Oh shit, lol, Xkun01 knows where its at :eng101: Go ahead on Mario xP.

Though I suggest the 5HS(3) into 6k, since it can go into 2HS if its connected, and into ryujin.

Pretty neat, since 6K into 5HS can be looped twice at best.

Another option:

-H(3) > 6H, S > 2H(1) x Ryujin

Another option:

-H(3) > 6H, S > 2H(1) x Ryujin

Nice! This one I have always considered an option.I never used this however usually, I TK Ryujin after S,(f)

Nice! This one I have always considered an option.I never used this however usually, I TK Ryujin after S,(f)

AlwayzDizzy used to use that option I think. Theres also the instant forcebreak puff ball somewhere in the loop after one of the 5H(3) so ex: S, 5H(3), 6H, (S, 2S, 6P, or 6k, base on your flavor), 5HS(3), 236S-D (hit it as fast as you would slide your finger from S to HS). I liked instant puff balls cause her dash moves was my favorite move, it was always fun.

If you´re planning to do a charged Ryujin into a wallstick jamming combo, I´ll skip as many hits as posible before the Ryujin. If you have already started the n.HS (3 hits) at some point in the gatling, the best choice is probably a FB pufball after (it has a somewhat strict timing). It gives les range to cover space between corners, so it won´t work from corner to corner. In those cases, I´ll recommend a regullar n.HS loop with 2-3 reps and a 2+D > charge ender if you don´t have the ryujin charge, or if you have it, cancel the n.HS (3 hits) > 6+HS with a c.S into TK Ryujin, it has less prorate, and the final damage will be better (I don´t have time to check it right now, but I´m pretty sure).

What do you guys do after a 2D > 236SK > Charge Ryujin? The wall stick is great, but I can't seem to time anything to keep them the right height on the wall, they're either too high or too low.

Close-up (anywhere from from 30% to wall)- 5s or 2p or whatever into 2h into loop. Mid screen area (30% to around 90%)- require you to either jump on and just hit them, or waste a FB to set up the loop. Nearly full screen- 236s-h, loop.

Kazu usually just lets go a TK Ryujin when in mid range after the wallstick and either don´t have tension or doesn´t feel like using it. That leaves you in a excelent position to airgrab the recovery or just wait them on the ground ready to punish their ass.

Kazu usually just lets go a TK Ryujin when in mid range after the wallstick and either don´t have tension or doesn´t feel like using it.

That leaves you in a excelent position to airgrab the recovery or just wait them on the ground ready to punish their ass.

...But Kazu is me..:v:

Yeah, whatever.

Say hi to that crazy a-cho announcer from me, he´s cool dude.

LMAO!!

You don't believe me..??:gonk: Now I am all sad inside..T,T

Im backkkkkkkkkkk:eng101::v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :v: :eng101::yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay:

Plz >,> your just back cause XKun01 gave you Jam Hype back. You ought to thank him :P :eng101: :eng101: :eng101:

Im just playin, took your ass long enough >,> I told you youd never quit GG you just take breaks >.> just like ragnarok :eng101:

........>.> I TOLD YA SO xD Posted Image:eng101: :eng101: :eng101: :eng101: Posted ImagePosted Image

Sorry Jam thread, but I have to do this to him everytime, the usual hazing process, please feel free to join.

Plz >,> your just back cause XKun01 gave you Jam Hype back. You ought to thank him :P :eng101: :eng101: :eng101:

Im just playin, took your ass long enough >,> I told you youd never quit GG you just take breaks >.> just like ragnarok :eng101:

........>.> I TOLD YA SO xD Posted Image:eng101: :eng101: :eng101: :eng101: Posted ImagePosted Image

Sorry Jam thread, but I have to do this to him everytime, the usual hazing process, please feel free to join.

Thats aight, Cause I'll be seeing you in Melty Blood so you better practice up or you'll be seeing this all night longPosted Image So you betta walk ya ass back to yo little florida thread, And Hey I'll even walk you there if you want Posted Image

I don't want to act like the old fart, but you got PMs for this kind of stuff...

Our bad, were just getting some laughs, after XKun sees the posts were taking them off. They will be deleted by the end of the night

Sign in to follow this