Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10stars

EVO 2010 Caesar's Palace, July 9-11th VEGAS BABY!

Somehow I don't think getting to Vegas should be all that hard. "Hey [friends], let's go to Vegas." [moment of silence] ["Hell yeah"s, general shouts of approval, high-fives.] Just make sure they don't know you're going for Evo until after you're there.

Oh gawd I can't believe that Players Choice thread at SRK became such a retardedfest. Lotsa people talk about MBAA as if it still had the same flawls ReACT had back in the day. I almost forgot how idiotic SRK forums can be, specially with people who hasn't played the games they're bashing :| I voted Capcom vs SNK 2 because the rest of the games don't really interest me (even with the CvS2 Team, at least I imagine there will be a bit more variety) and because I'm so damned tired of seeing THE SAME BROKEN SHIT in all MAHVEL matches. Yeah, execution is hard and all that, but seeing that most top playas tend to abuse the same ZOMG HI LV bugs and glitches, I don't see how people can still say MvC2 is complex -_- Oh well... :RO:

Somehow I don't think getting to Vegas should be all that hard.

"Hey [friends], let's go to Vegas."

[moment of silence]

["Hell yeah"s, general shouts of approval, high-fives.]

Just make sure they don't know you're going for Evo until after you're there.

You know this may be a good idea... it's so close to my birthday that I may be able to use that as an excuse.

Time to nag someone who has a car and will be around during the summer.

You know this may be a good idea... it's so close to my birthday that I may be able to use that as an excuse.

Time to nag someone who has a car and will be around during the summer.

I noticed you're from Illinois. You might as well book a cheap flight, it'll only be a little more expensive than driving there...and you don't run the risk of having your car break down from having a heart attack.

Eh. I might as well go alone then rather than nag my friends. I've never done this stuff before, but I suppose I'll start looking into it around the Internets.

Eh. I might as well go alone then rather than nag my friends.

I've never done this stuff before, but I suppose I'll start looking into it around the Internets.

Awww that's no fun...and quite expensive too. If no one you know has a passion for fighting games, look around the dustloop regional forums. You might find people making plans to share hotels and whatnot. Though I'm still relatively new in the DL community, I find that a lot of them are very nice and quite open to meeting new faces.

Though I've only been to Evo once (2k9) I imagine that going there alone would be quite boring. A lot of the time you'll be standing around (for aaaagggeeeess) waiting for your match to start. You should really go in a group, makes the trip a lot more fun, having buddies cheering for you and you cheering for your buddies and whatnot.

Eh. I might as well go alone then rather than nag my friends.

I've never done this stuff before, but I suppose I'll start looking into it around the Internets.

YOU SURVIVED VISITING MEXICO F***ING CITY!

You can do anything!

Only my brother, 2 of my cousins, and one of my friends are into the fighting game scene... >> And I visited Mexico City with my family and basically just hung out with my Mexican family while there. It's totally different bro. Totally different. Plus I more so meant like finding plane prices and stuff myself as my parents usually do all that.

I just went to travelocity.com typed in o'hare to vegas with hotel+air plane arriving on the 8th, returning on the 12, then sorted by price. There's some as low as 350-400ish dollars for round trip tickets and 4 days at a hotel. There are several travel companies out there, and if you check 'em every day you can often find a good deal. Not sure if the evo hotel rate is still available but it might be better to just get plane tickets and book the hotel separately. Watching the prices can really pay off too, I've seen ticket prices drop some 25-50 dollars over the course of a few days.

I don't see how people can still say MvC2 is complex -_-

Oh well... :RO:

I'm really not trying to start a flame war or anything, but I hope you're being sarcastic.

High level Marvel is too cool for school. Granted, Guilty Gears tend to come out the way the somewhat like the developers intended them to, whereas Capcom produced a phenomenal accident. but Marvel can be some good. Like that Omega Red player from Japan who came to Evo last year..

I'm really not trying to start a flame war or anything, but I hope you're being sarcastic.

Agreed. Just thinking about learning how to play Marvel makes my hands and eyes hurt.

I don't know for sure if I'm going to EVO this year, but I've flown to Vegas for a side tournament once already; may as well make it twice.

If it weren't for marvel, my execution would still be terrible and I'd have no concept of zoning beyond fireball/uppercut/sweep.

Erh... I do think MvC2 shit may be really hard to do. But there's a difference between execution difficult and complexity.

But oh well, I lost interest in Mahvel 8 years ago, so... :vbang:

Marvel does help your execution because if you can keep up at that fast pace then other games will be easier to follow.

Yeah, but I believe ST would be more efficient for that since you don't have to learn the dozens of glitches and infinites necessary for not getting destroyed, on top of being not being too slow on it's own. It also the benefit of not being 3 char. team game with only ~5 good characters.:psyduck:

If you can react to Marvel 2 mix ups, you can react to anything. Scrubs that don't know much about Marvel than "LOL INFINITE OMG GLITCH" need to stfu and go back to playing their shitty BB. 10stars-- GET AT ME!

I'm used to seeing the typical crazy MvC2 God teams but I still can't get over how fast they're hands are moving. Thats always been crazy to listen and see. Every time I see two really good MvC2 players, the noises they're making on the sticks just reminds me of playing SSBM back in high school. SSBM made the controller the loudest things in the world with every joy stick movement snapping back and everyone slamming on the L button to either dodge or L cancel. Oh man those were they days... Too bad I couldn't vote though. I signed up for SRK the day after the poll started. I would've put my vote in for MvC2 honestly even though I'm only an average level player. Its still fun to mess with everyone's gameplans by throwing a random Jin AA assist.

Yeah people do complain a bit too much about infinite's in Marvel but if you are a smart player you wont get caught in them all the time. It is a very broken game but it really does help your reaction. I would say in BB CT Rachel was the Storm in that game. You just have to accept people like broken games haha.