Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Slayer AC match vids

from what i've been told, "abare" means "being reckless" or "acting recklessly", and this "reward off of a random hit" seems to be a mistranslation or miscommunication of sorts.

abare in it's original japanse-sense is mostly used for, to put it simply, "to mash a fast attack". Slayer has great abare due to his fast 2p with great damagepotential (with 2p 5k dot) and quick recovery. Abare isn't always reckless within the fighting-game sense since wellplaced abare can stuff alot of mixups etc. but here on dustloop it seems to have a completely different meaning though, mostly the one easymodenob posted, due to somebody started with a wannabefailtranslation probably which spread across the internet... So if you read anything about abare here on dustloop, they most likely either have no idea what they are talking about, or using the originally-failed-translated-version-but-now-a-kind-of-coined-expression. now that's all for this days history-lesson. stay tuned for more tales of interest.

In the end, how you word it may differ, but it only has one meaning for our purposes. In fighting game context, potential damage off unplanned hits. The real "reckless" within fighting game context is "buppa", short for "buppanasu" IIRC which would be the equivalent of our "RANDOM" term.

isn't that a different sense of the word "random"? When EMN said "potential damage off of a randomly confirmed hit", isn't he using "random" in the sense of "arbitrary"?

no it's "a" slayer (as in, "a" is the name), although i forget if that means it's adamu/adam or taku who's actually playing.

so much 2hit. so much lol. and yeah taht's taku like rtl said. my understanding of abare was that it is the ability to damage in a myriad of different ways. ie- 5P can be used in a lot of different ways to get damage.

isn't that a different sense of the word "random"? When EMN said "potential damage off of a randomly confirmed hit", isn't he using "random" in the sense of "arbitrary"?

Random was being used in the sense of arbitrary.

^indeed, which is why i wondered why Honnou equated "buppanashi" with "random" in this case, but oh well. IDontHaveAName (even though you do), try looking for #R slayer combo vids on Youtube, i'm sure you'll find some cool stuff.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVoRyaHG7FU SRSLY best player I have EVER seen.

GOD DAMN SHENEIYA IS SO GOOD! THAT WHOLE GAME, EVERYTHING HE DID WAS A SETUP FOR THAT BITE KILL.

ALSO, lol!

(holy fuck I edited your post on accident god i'm stoned I'm sorry.)

edit: dope

EDIT: I really am sorry. I feel bad it's the first time i've ever done it.

That looks like Hase massively fucking around.

Shineiya is not Hase. IIRC I've seen him play and they do not look alike. I also have this video of him just TROLLLIN a bunch of people. Uploading now.

EDIT: BAM!!!

I wanted to upload it to youtube but it exceeded the 10 minute limit :(