Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Slayer AC match vids

Shazay: if not asking too much but can you some how put the vids on Youtube Xd.. i can't seem to view google video ><.... D;... if it is too much to ask for then its ok XD...

OK i finally watched the Shazay vids :3 anyways as for comments, ur mix up and all seems to be fine and all, all that is left is master some of the links and combos and your good to go ! though i am only stating the obvious but watevers XD... taht is all i have to really say :o..

Whoa, in that last vid, he did an invincibite vs. Axl's wake up reversal and it went through it and bit em. I thought that shit didn't work anymore o_o

the invinc bite still works.. didn't know what gave you the impression taht it doesn't go thruogh things still :p as lesser the inv just got to pro long it good enough to go through the shit and give thema good biting ;X

for example: i saw a SL vs SL match where one Slayer did 5H on oki and the other BDC bit him =o

nvr thought getting matches recorded was so nerve wrecking XD messed up stuff i would nvr thought i would mess up, or it might be the widescreen :/.. but watevers

well i went to my friends house on friday and we had a few casuals and it was recorded, though i felt i didnt' play as best as i hoped, but watevers no excuses, plz watch and critique :sweatdrop:

we uploaded some of the casuals here: :vbang:

http://www.youtube.com/user/madt3apar7y

Hmm ok, I saw some good and some bad. There was a lot of random jumping P which I couldn't really figure out why you were doing it. Jump ins are ok with slayer but even if he does have good air to ground, it can still get predictable and be punished pretty easy. The times when he was throwing random gunflames at you, you shoulda IAD j.H for a counter hit. Gunflame is like an invitation to IAD, just make sure to FD if he FRCs it. Also, less D step. It's not really that good in this game and it has some uses, but I noticed you were using the D step instant overhead a lot. It's a decent move if the person is gonna sit there all day and block, but most people see D step and react to it. Especially against Sol, VV will beat out ANYTHING that comes from D step. The sol player around here uppercuts me on reaction every time I do it almost so it's best to just stay away from it except on VERY rare ocassions when they're poking and you think you can swoop back in for a pile bunker. Overall, needs more ground pokes. Whoring out 2H, 5K, 2K, 2P, 2S etc etc are really nice. Make Sol scared to run at you, and you can AA him pretty easy with just about any of your anti air. Slayer's anti air is great in this game so it's good to take advantage of that so they're forced to stay on the ground, where slayer's pokes rule all (except testament). But other than that, you've got the high damage combos down pretty good. All the IAD into j.D j.2K j.K land relaunch was impressive. Now you just need to focus on getting those high damage combos opportunities more often. Nice use of BDC to escape pressure too. Also, work on not dropping the links =P I know it happens but 6K into 2K 2H is like....your most important link to land. I noticed you missed it about every time. And try to burst bait if you can. Be aware of their burst meter and try to anticipate when they'll burst and punish hard with BBU, air throw, or whatever's available at the time. And particularly against sol, bait the hell out of VV. Slayer punishes more than a french guillotine in this game. Oh and don't be offended by all this, just trying to give you some useful tips. Overall you're not bad!

Hmm ok, I saw some good and some bad.

There was a lot of random jumping P which I couldn't really figure out why you were doing it. Jump ins are ok with slayer but even if he does have good air to ground, it can still get predictable and be punished pretty easy. The times when he was throwing random gunflames at you, you shoulda IAD j.H for a counter hit. Gunflame is like an invitation to IAD, just make sure to FD if he FRCs it.

Also, less D step. It's not really that good in this game and it has some uses, but I noticed you were using the D step instant overhead a lot. It's a decent move if the person is gonna sit there all day and block, but most people see D step and react to it. Especially against Sol, VV will beat out ANYTHING that comes from D step. The sol player around here uppercuts me on reaction every time I do it almost so it's best to just stay away from it except on VERY rare ocassions when they're poking and you think you can swoop back in for a pile bunker.

Overall, needs more ground pokes. Whoring out 2H, 5K, 2K, 2P, 2S etc etc are really nice. Make Sol scared to run at you, and you can AA him pretty easy with just about any of your anti air. Slayer's anti air is great in this game so it's good to take advantage of that so they're forced to stay on the ground, where slayer's pokes rule all (except testament).

But other than that, you've got the high damage combos down pretty good. All the IAD into j.D j.2K j.K land relaunch was impressive. Now you just need to focus on getting those high damage combos opportunities more often. Nice use of BDC to escape pressure too.

Also, work on not dropping the links =P I know it happens but 6K into 2K 2H is like....your most important link to land. I noticed you missed it about every time.

And try to burst bait if you can. Be aware of their burst meter and try to anticipate when they'll burst and punish hard with BBU, air throw, or whatever's available at the time.

And particularly against sol, bait the hell out of VV. Slayer punishes more than a french guillotine in this game.

Oh and don't be offended by all this, just trying to give you some useful tips. Overall you're not bad!

haha no sweat, more or less i need critisizims since i dont' get matches recorded much, it was really rare that i had a chance to get it recorded, so obviouslly i want people to tell me what to do more on and what to do less on. as for links, i will practice more on that, but i will actually try to get more casuals to practice it since doing it in training mode, i can do, just doing it in the heat of battle is problem :/ so i will work on that.

My punishes that day was lol.. but i will try better next time :X As for jP alot, i use jP to help withmy rythm, and consistancy with some jump ins, also it helps me punch characters who like to jump up at me with a jP of their own so i stick a jP out to keep them out of my face while i jump away :X and using jP since its fast and easy to block after i use it kind of often to help with those specific things :X

o yes and thx for critisizms! well appreciated

Ahh ok. I figured out why you did j.P so much after I watched the Chipp casuals. You caught him with it a lot into air combo, lol. But yeah, less jump ins more ground stuff. I'm kinda guilty of this myself and people get on me for it, so I'm trying to work it out of my system. Generally it's pretty safe to with Slayer though since j.H is like the god hand. Just be careful about air throws and uppercuts though. Good to keep things unpredictable. :) Oh and one tip that I find useful for myself since I drop stuff under pressure too (IE those IAD air combos). Stick with the simple stuff. As long as it gets a knock down and does a decent bit, you're set. That way you're less likely to drop it under pressure and end up wasting the damage you coulda had if you just did something relatively basic, IE: BBU 5H j.2K into whatever. That combo seems pretty universal for me.

Oh and one tip that I find useful for myself since I drop stuff under pressure too (IE those IAD air combos). Stick with the simple stuff. As long as it gets a knock down and does a decent bit, you're set. That way you're less likely to drop it under pressure and end up wasting the damage you coulda had if you just did something relatively basic, IE: BBU 5H j.2K into whatever. That combo seems pretty universal for me.

i try telling myself that too, but there is this side of me where it tells me "JumpAD jD j2K jK combo" XD... and if i mess up th j2K part i get the jD part :3 but yea :X i try not to do the really wierd ones like blah to 5H-> SJ combos XD... so i jsut do 5S -> air combo :X

sometimes what gets me is when i hit my BBU too far away and its kind of hard to follow up with anything unless its in the corner :X

i will try to keep things more simple in the future XD..

Yeah if they're too far away on BBU, you usually have to do 2D into c.S f.S air combo, or like....the fancy 5H IAD combo we were talking about. Or you could do something crazy and just combo BBUs into their self, lol.

i try telling myself that too, but there is this side of me where it tells me "JumpAD jD j2K jK combo" XD... and if i mess up th j2K part i get the jD part :3 but yea :X i try not to do the really wierd ones like blah to 5H-> SJ combos XD... so i jsut do 5S -> air combo :X

sometimes what gets me is when i hit my BBU too far away and its kind of hard to follow up with anything unless its in the corner :X

i will try to keep things more simple in the future XD..

LOL its funny because You have problems executing your stuff in matches because I have learned some of the biggest combos I know from you. I like the way you mercilessly assaulted that eddie player some of those rounds. I wanted to let everyone know that BDC into jump is good but BDC IAD is even better. You actually keep alot of the invicibility until the 1st quarter of the air dash is complete if you do it fasyt enough. Against eddie it completely takes away his unblockables if your timing is right and he does it meaty. Lasty if you hit a BBU and they are too far to hit them with the desired combo just bite the bullet spend the meter and hit them with another BBU it should put u close to them and you should still be able to do the Jump AD combos and if they hit the corner.......:vbang: Kill them.

Have to agree with less Dandy step I get punished by our local Elite grp if I use the carelessly too.

will do and keep in mind, thx for comments :X luckly there are alot of vids where it shows wat part i need to work on more ;3

I'll try to record some matches this weekend at the big gathering we're having, maybe I can get some critiques myself. I've improved a lot since my Slash days, lol.