Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Slayer AC match vids

maybe i shoudl start watching match vids again, and if you do upload it or what not Rtl42, that woudl be of help, since i need to start studying about hte match ups ;V... again.. too buzy with other stuff and i just been lazy too :vbang:

Lol Kairi... lol.. i am interested in watchign some Zappa vs Slayer matches so i can learn what to do against Dog and other Ghosts :V

Finally got some videos of myself playing, gimme some tips! I kept fucking up BDC on wake up and getting hit, and I messed up dash in bite twice (hadn't been able to practice for a good while now because my PS2's broke) but other than that, decent showing.

Me vs. Purify:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0YOU7UE1

edit (the one that was here was our other slayer player, didn't realize it till I finally got around to downloading it)

If you guys want me to stick them on youtube, i'll see what I can do. (ack nvm, too fucking huge to put on you tube. Anyone know some good video compression software?)

you can try, VirtualDub, how big are the files? i actually have some vids of myself as well from my last ranbat too if anyone is interested i will post up the links with me in it :V...

Hmm.....I'd say.....stop going for IAD j.D j.2K j.K relaunch so much unless it's your only option. Your combos are good when you get them but you also drop them a lot.....might help to work something more reliable in. Otherwise, really nice slayer. I saw you do IAD j.K land 5P relaunch combo from a distance, I might start trying that when they're too far away. As always, more 2S and 5K can never hurt anyone's game, lol. Oh and as for video compression, I got that program you suggested. What should I do to get it compressed. Like.....what format and settings and all that.

well, when you get the program you go to -Video tab-> Compression -> then you select ur codec you want the video to be compressed to after you selected all that, you go to File->save as AVI you can also edit the clip to cut down what part you want up to or what not as well by using the scroller tab and select parts you wan tto delete etc.. also in Audio Tab you can leave sound or no sound etc.. And, i will work on my combo more :V... i think it was just me not playing only once every 2 weeks now ><... meaning i only start playign evertime i go to ranbat XD.. but yea i will keep in mind about doing simpler stuff :V... thx for comment

And, i will work on my combo more :V... i think it was just me not playing only once every 2 weeks now ><... meaning i only start playign evertime i go to ranbat XD.. but yea i will keep in mind about doing simpler stuff :V... thx for comment

haha, I don't play as much as I did before too and it shows. My first match in my first video was pretty bad, lots of messed up inputs and back dashes resulting in me just getting hit a lot. I got back in the groove after that though.

Does it matter what codec I use or does it not really matter for the compression thing?

it matters, but you can test it out to see what you prefer. VDub should give you lots of compression options.

ok got my match on youtube, the other one that our video guy uploaded was our other Slayer and not the one with me, so I guess it's just one video for today.

We kinda scrubbed out on a lot of it (wake up super into attempted BBU but failing), but it's entertaining, atleast. Purify = maximum turtle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vq8aECesnE

At around 2:20 is my match against Robo-Ky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMr_ZXfUA_I

About 1:09 is me against Johnny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-fMV_zLURQ

And About 3:58 its me against Johnny Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiWSo6iKQXo

then the camcorder ran out of battery so my last 2 matches weren't recorded..

To be totally honest, the best part of these movies was the random ass commentary in the background, i was rolling so hard whenever that pink potem was playing. the comment about chipps nightmare match had me laughing.

Very Very good job zaido! good stuff all around on your part

i have about 4 GB of Slayer matches, just ask me for what you want.

they are all up:

http://www.strokethebigtree.com/rtl_s_movies/AC_Slayer

They are organized by match-up, then by arcade/homepage I found them from (or just left in the match-up folder itself if I don't know/remember where it came from). I don't generally include player names in the filenames because I don't care -- sorry to those that do. I can try to figure out who was playing if you ask me for the player in a specific match, but it may take a little while.

PLEASE do not download more than one or two at a time! Also, if any of the files are corrupt (it happens, sometimes), let me know and I will re-upload that file!

Damn good job on that, that's really an excellent resource for slayer match up stuff. The RTL is commended!

Also no one commented on my mediocre match video that I put up on youtube :(

Also no one commented on my mediocre match video that I put up on youtube :(

omg sucks

jk well. You seem to want to backdash or wakeup throw the ever annoying Ky meaty 5K. I like trying it too, but it just doesn't work out sometimes. Stupid meaty 5K.

urm blocking dusts and Greed Severs D:

A bit slow on that one DoT attempt =[ Good idea, just had to be quicker about it.

You went for tech trap variations like every time in the corner (except when you just missed a combo :vbang: )... sometimes you just gotta take your extra 3 damage and knock them down.

Biggest "complaint" - doing 2K > 2H, BBU after a 6K in the corner. wtf.

(main reason I point this out is that you missed like all your BBU followups on Ky :vbang: )

Gotta keep track of your meter and ranges a little bit better in that regard. Otherwise pretty solid.

Also I kept expecting you to try to jump into the orbs and slashback them but that's because that's what I do in casuals.

Hmm yeah I do need to work on not dropping stuff vs. certain characters. I finally figured out to do two 5K's after BBU 2D to get him at the right level but I should probably just do 5H isntead. I'll work 5K 6P into my game for in the corner, I just never really got into using it, but it would save meter for sure. And you can jump into the orbs slash backing? I might try that in the future. Thanks for the input :)