Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss

Slayer AC match vids

anyone else what

i think he means anyone else have any tips for fighting vs pot.

i was playing mike z last night and that match up is downright terrifying.

(well that and pulsr's testement :vbang: )

but mike basically told me to dance around and try not to get hit until i build up enough meter for a super. because with dot stocked, pot has to be more careful about what he throws out and on oki. this seemed to work pretty well (although this was also before he started using slidehead invincibility to make my dot just pass through him. oh as you guys probably already knew... baiting a pot buster or heat knuckle then punishing with dot doesn't get you a counter hit :gonk: )

however something that did work for me was using 5.hs as oki. this netted me a counter hit quite a few times. i'm not quite sure what mike was trying to do on wakeup... but i'm guessing either pot buster or back dash pot buster?

koogy you got any tips?

maybe... but, DOT actually has start up, and just for ur info not that it is like 100 percent workable but Pot Buster can grab you out of DOT :V... yes you heard me, when you super flash, at that point in time if he did Pot Buster he coudl grab you jsut when you super flash, makign you waste 50 percent tension while pot bustering you anyways :V.. reason i said this cause i did it once on a cpu, when i was fooling around with Pot, just to learn some stuff about how to fight him :vbang: but for the most part, i think everytime i fougth PO, i totaly forgot i had DOT, SO i will give it a try, next time :X thx for reminder :eng101:

god the slayer pot match up is just terrible from all ends of it. the best advice i can give is try and 6P through hammerfall never air dash forward and learn to instablock 6HS and the mirror from pot so you can get out of that rediculous slidehead nonsense

maybe... but, DOT actually has start up, and just for ur info not that it is like 100 percent workable but Pot Buster can grab you out of DOT :V... yes you heard me, when you super flash, at that point in time if he did Pot Buster he coudl grab you jsut when you super flash, makign you waste 50 percent tension while pot bustering you anyways :V.. reason i said this cause i did it once on a cpu, when i was fooling around with Pot, just to learn some stuff about how to fight him :vbang:

yeah just tried it in training mode... they can definitely grab you out of dot. but as long as you get a reversal dot, the timing on it is pretty hard right? (or is this just my crappy pot buster skills?) as mike showed me also... pot can do slidehead to avoid dot if he smells it coming. done meaty, it beats reversal dot on wakeup; and done just whenever, you just go through him.

actually now that i think about it... dot doesn't work vs anything meaty cause it's not invincible until frame 7-10. it definitely does not work vs 6hs :( .

wakeup tsubasa on the other hand beats everything meaty on wakeup like a normal super. how come i never see anyone use this...?

god the slayer pot match up is just terrible from all ends of it. the best advice i can give is try and 6P through hammerfall never air dash forward and learn to instablock 6HS and the mirror from pot so you can get out of that rediculous slidehead nonsense

dandy k, bbu, and 6p are all good vs hammerfall at different timings.

i'm not sure about 'never' air dashing forward though. you don't wanna do it when he's just sitting around waiting... but it's good for getting in after you jump a slide head or something. ch j.hs or j.d flj are still great vs pot.

as for 6hs or mirror when getting up. these definitely suck... but i've noticed that if you correctly block it once or twice when you first start playing them, the pot player will often give up doing them and just assume you can always get out of this trap. it's kind of like if you past the test, they won't do it anymore.

the actually more pain in the ass oki i think is the... 5k low, or 6k overhead, or slidehead (which looks just like 6k startup), or potbuster, or.... whiff 5s or 5k as your getting up then potbuster :vbang:

anyone got some tips for waking up vs pot?

wakeup tsubasa on the other hand beats everything meaty on wakeup like a normal super. how come i never see anyone use this...?

It's really unsafe if you guess wrong. Then again, who are you referring to when you say "anyone"? People that generally bait reversals won't fall for it... but in "America" (read: not-Japan), that's certainly not everyone.

cross wise beats hammerfall hands down, then dandy alone against pot is a lol cause :V... overall i will nvr use wake up tsubasa, cause i know i will die if they block that thing T_T... and i rmemeber wake up tsubasa back in the days lose to command grab too if timed right :V... but i dunno now... , but yea i am learnign to IB 6H learning to escape mirror thingy... in that match up i think i die mostly to that freaken cross up jHS and get mixed up into hammer break Pot Buster.. =_=.. i think i mostly die to that cross up... its like ... i see it coming.. but i still eat it anwyays!!... i need to abuse my 2S more from rewatching... and get free CH anti air into combo... and lastly, i need to make sure i dont fuck up my combos :V... ok... anyways.. i still need to get some of those matches in to learn more about this match up :V..

It's really unsafe if you guess wrong. Then again, who are you referring to when you say "anyone"? People that generally bait reversals won't fall for it... but in "America" (read: not-Japan), that's certainly not everyone.

well wakeup tsubasa is a scrubby tactic for sure and will get you killed if they block it... but i'm not talking about just guessing and doing it.

more like, if the pot does a meaty 6hs has or anything else slow enough for you to react and do it.

obviously this is bad vs anyone who baits wakeup supers, but everyone gets hit from wake up supers if you only do them once in awhile. and after doing it once to beat their meaty 6hs, they are less likely to do 6hs vs you the next time you have meter.

also... it kinda works because of the fact nobody ever uses it, so nobody is expecting it.

Yeah I use Tsubasa occasionally, Best to save it for when you have 100% meter though because you can atleast RC it and be safe if they somehow block it. Plus on CH you get nice combos with mappa ^_^

well wakeup tsubasa is a scrubby tactic for sure and will get you killed if they block it... but i'm not talking about just guessing and doing it.

more like, if the pot does a meaty 6hs has or anything else slow enough for you to react and do it.

obviously this is bad vs anyone who baits wakeup supers, but everyone gets hit from wake up supers if you only do them once in awhile. and after doing it once to beat their meaty 6hs, they are less likely to do 6hs vs you the next time you have meter.

also... it kinda works because of the fact nobody ever uses it, so nobody is expecting it.

it could be that 6H has an FRC, so the Pot may trick you into getting twitchy with wake-up super?

maybe some people just don't know how to combo properly after a CH Eternal Wings shruuuk

i only use it in a combo video :V... anyhow... well some people who watches meter.. usually will be cautious.. as far as i see it... i try to watch meter too... but sometimes when i sit on the cab my peripheral vision kind of hard to see both lifebar and tension bars at the same time cause i am too close ><... and usually i get too focused on the match so usually i probalby wont have tension for supers cause either i be.. using it for Force Breaks or DAA XD... and usually when i get 75 percent i might just attempt a random DOT :V... rofl...

Just watch their tension. Slayer kills in two combos is all you need to know about lifebars.

that really depends on what character you are fighting ... and also if you: 1, drop that combo or 2, that combo you did prorated like nuts and dmg sucked overall.. watchign life bar is more of seeing what type of measurements the opponents might be thinking, and also if you want to know if you want to add that extra bit of dmg or go for mix up, to kill :o.. just saying 2 combos... is lol cause yea, against a chipp, its liek ok 2 BBU Combos dropped, or butchered you can just make that match urs :/...

but usually within a match i at most probalby only hit like 2 BBU and probalby 2 combo chances... at most... but usually i get the free CH -> free combo with no tension :V... but i would say 3 combos is more ideal and some character you have to do a different type of combo that actually prorates a lot ><...

just for a funny note: one time i remember i was playign and keep looking at the wrong persons tension and i was like i have 50 percent tension why can't i DOT?? and i found out it wasn't my tension and i only had 25% :vbang: its like damn i should of just BBU!

work on the connectivities of ur attacks, and dont be so hasty.

and combos.

Thanks, yeah I was really screwing up my combos. That was probably the worst match I had that night. I gotta get more vids from my friend that recorded them.

I don't know why Anji gives me so much damn trouble :vbang:

some of those matches reminds me of some of my matches i had with my friend and against his johnny, just without some of those crazy incidents :V