Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mooyang90

[CS1] Noel Guide

if you can just guess someone mashing out of a blocked 2c, especially since it's from Noel, you need to play some better people

anyone can just block her and be ready to jump/tech throw or mash a against her "mixup" almost completely free

2c is an extremely slow move that 95% of the time isn't going to get you anything. you are too far to really stay in their face and canceling into any drive or 3c as a guess is scrubby as hell.

if you can just guess someone mashing out of a blocked 2c, especially since it's from Noel, you need to play some better people

Perhaps, but that is where the argument has taken us so far.

anyone can just block her and be ready to jump/tech throw or mash a against her "mixup" almost completely free

What mixup? 2D isn't an overhead anymore. Everything hits low or mid :vbang:

2c is an extremely slow move that 95% of the time isn't going to get you anything. you are too far to really stay in their face and canceling into any drive or 3c as a guess is scrubby as hell.

I'd say that 2C is a good option to end your blockstrings with. It doesn't go anywhere in a real match, but its good for pushing the opponent away and safely getting back onto the defensive. Its not like Noel has any good pressure options anymore... you get one chance at a mixup. 5A -> 6B or 5A -> 2B. After that, you really don't have a safe blockstring afterwards... So rather often, I find myself going to 2C to resign my offensive.

Offensively, I agree with you. Its not that great of a move. But on a blocked 5C, what else are you gonna do really? Its pretty much 5C -> block or 5C -> 2C to end your blockstrings.

South Fl. A lot of people play around here.

Were though? Please don't say ZP that shit is way to far.

I've played with Jeff and the other SoFL players in some friends at ZP tournies a couple times, but the drive is just too much

I just had a Bang player whiff wakeup Daifunka (lol)

So I did Noel's ground distortion, rapid cancel, haida loop into corner ending in ANOTHER distortion.

150 meter, 6k damage. Fucking amazing

I just had a Bang player whiff wakeup Daifunka (lol)

So I did Noel's ground distortion, rapid cancel, haida loop into corner ending in ANOTHER distortion.

150 meter, 6k damage. Fucking amazing

did u gold burst after it?

lol whoops yeah we play on Friday nights. I'm not 100% sure if everyone is going this Friday but I'll probably head there.

And I think I just invented a new quarter screen 50 meter 5k combo. Somebody give me a good song for a combo video!

lol whoops yeah we play on Friday nights. I'm not 100% sure if everyone is going this Friday but I'll probably head there.

I might stop by one of these days I don't play with anyone too good and I can only get so good practicing tech skill.

Dude you have to tell me were they do tournaments, other than The Will's tourneys idk who else hosts any

Beefy midscreen combo with d.5c 2147A

5D CH, wait to recover 2D, d.5D, d.6A, d.6C, d.5c, 2147A, 2B, 6C, jD, d.6D, Fenrir, 4751 dmg, at least 15% heat required before the combo.

Been doing that since I started CS cause CT habits die hard. You can only do the throw cancel once though I believe, and you should really do it just if you wanna be flashy or something, cause you'll usually get slightly more damage from only doing one 6C then doing JD into haida.

Yeah, it's known. It's probably most useful in starting a haida loop off of a 214a on characters that aren't fat.

Ok, I'm a rather scrubby Noel despite playing her since CT lol~ Is there any hope of being good with her without doing haida loop or the 623D > 6C link? No matter how long I try, or how I change my timing I'm just not getting it >.<;;

Is there any hope to being good with Noel without doing her combos that do damage?

no

If you don't do the 623d 66c link you probably lose about..200ish damage off her BnBs I guess, from 6b, 3c, and drive combos. It's damage you will sorely miss sometimes, the way Noel works she doesn't have very good abare, instead she has tiny chances to land relatively big combos, so it's always good to make those count. Basically it's making your life with a mediocre character even harder, but not the end of the world. In the end, if your fundamentals are sound you're still generally gonna beat worse players playing other characters, except Bang and Litchi I guess, some gulfs are just too big.

imo

Terrible Matchups

Bang

Litchi

Tager

Hakumen

Bad Matchups

Ragna

Arakune

Taokaka

Hazama

Carl

Everything else is either meh or I haven't played it enough.

It's funny because she loses to highly mobile characters (Bang, Tao) because she can't really catch them, also loses to less mobile characters (Tager, Hak) because she needs to be so close to do damage. I wouldn't be surprised if Noel x Makoto ends up being terrible too.

Also I've personally shit on almost every Noel player on XBL with Rachel at least once.

Ya~ my strategy tend to be to land a D attack, on hit it's d.6A, d.6C, 214A and you know the rest~. On block I either try to back out safely with d.6B and d.236D or I go for guard break when I think my opponent won't try to mash out of the string with two d.6C's and maybe a 623D,RC or 214D.

I'd be happier with myself if I knew some other attack strategies and mix ups, even at reduced damage :/

You can use 5a/2b pressure up close for a moderate risk low reward option (moderate risk because her frame advantage is trash), confirm 5a up close on standing to 6a, further away on standing just go into basic string, confirm 2b to basic string.

You can use j.a to hit out of the air for j.B jc j.BC j.236c.

6b is decent if the opponent sits around a lot (doesn't know the noel matchup).

If you're going to throw during 5a/2b stuff you need to be using kara throw with 6B~C.

Airthrow is great if you land it but the range is ass and you're going to get counterhit fairly easily going for them, pick up after the airthrow with 2b to continue the combo.

I guess some Noel players like using random 3C sometimes but I don't think it's that good and don't use it much, if at all.

Your best bet is to use 5d and 2d usually though because the reward is pretty good and it's not that unsafe.