Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

Ask simple one-liner questions here! Here are a few common questions and answers (copied over from CT since I don't think they've changed). Q: How do I freeze/refreeze opponents? A: from the beginner guide: HOW FREEZING WORKS - Basically, normal drive attacks (5D, 6D, 2D, j.D) can only be the first freeze (not necessarily first hit) in a combo. - You can re-freeze from special drive attacks (those that cost 25% heat), throws, and distortion drives - If you and your opponent trade hits, (say your 5D and the opponent's j.C trade), then the opponent is automatically freed from the ice. The actual rules for freezing are a little more complicated than this (look at the frame data for details), but this simple explanation should be enough to cover 99% of all cases. Q: 632146D super (Ice Arrow) only does 1 hit in teh corner sometimes! A: yes, I'm not sure on the exact conditions for this, but it does occasionally happen when i back throw someone into the corner then Ice Arrow... I don't know of any remedy for this problem. Q: How do I do an astral finish? A: You must first fulfill the following conditions 1. Have 100% heat 2. Have a Burst available for use 3. Opponent must be below 35% health (when their heath bar reaches the thicker part and turns red) 4. Must be match point for you (If you win this round, you win the entire match) 5. Did not perform an an Astral this round. Once you have all of these things, your character portrait will flash white. Each character's command for astral is different. Jin's is performed by [2]8D (a flash kick from street fighter). After performing the astral, you will lose all 100% of your heat and the Burst. Q: How do I use sekkajin (the mash C move) in combos correctly? A: To combo into sekkajin, you need to make sure the opponent is fairly close (they should almost be touching you). To combo after sekkajin, realize that the 8th hit of sekkajin launches the opponent into the air so you should stop mashing C after the 6th hit of sekkajin, then do whatever's next in the combo. This will take some practice since this is a link. You can't just mash out the next move, you need to wait for Jin to finish recovering from sekkajin before you do your next attack. Also note that if your combo has scaled quite due to damage scaling, then the sekkajin might not combo. I find that anything above 15 hits means you wont be able to get the 6C after the sekkajin (but you can do run up 5C).

- When the opponent is frozen, he can wiggle the joystick to reduce the amount of time frozen in the ice, though there is a minimum amount of time the opponent will be frozen (see Jin's frame data for how much). If you do a combo with a freeze the opponent COULD have shaken out of, the combo counter will turn dark (the word HEAT will turn to a darker color). Otherwise, the combo was guaranteed and the opponent COULD NOT have shaken out of the combo.

You might wanna edit that.:psyduck:

for those of us who don't speak in FPS (not me my friend... I swear) how long is Jin's shortest freeze in (fractions of) seconds?

Answer: 1. Look up # of frames for shortest freeze 2. multiply by 0.0167 seconds and also no, 6B is terrible, overhead or not. Q: Will I get to play Kevin in CS this weekend?!

Q: Is there any specific frame details to jins yukikaze? By that I mean does it have a 37 frame activation like hakumen's when you catch attacks in the first one or two frames? Also does it catch projectiles as well? And assuming it catches over heads does it automatically place them on the ground when jin activates yukikaze or does it freeze them in the air? Thanks

no CS frame data exists yet, so no clue about yukikaze. it feels just like hakumen's... only it doesn't catch lows and the freeze part is different. almost all fighting games run at 60 frames per second (in fact i can't think of any game that doesn't), so one frame = 1/60 second = 0.0167 second so as an example 5 frames = 5/60 second = 0.0833 second i'll be at the bbq, but i dunno if CS will be... maybe we can all take a trip to AI

and also no, 6B is terrible, overhead or not.

did you just adress my sig? them's fighting words!...

Q: Do (D) ice swords still bounce the enemy so I can catch them in an air combo?

From what I can tell, Yukikaze is like CT Haku's. Catches everything except lows. If you catch a projectile during Yukikaze's 1st active frame, it will be undodgeable. Otherwise you can superjump out of the way.

Jin's yukikaze feels like it's faster than haku's by about a dozen frames or so. I'd put it at 43-45F range for regular version. Don't know if Jin has super yukikaze.

what? Hakumen has a super yukikaze? I thought it was super? I'm confused...:psyduck:

What's 43F?

I have a question about Jin's DPs and D Musou (CS). For B Fubuki on Counterhit, can you still followup with D Musou from across the screen? For C Renhyou on Counterhit, can you still followup with jB, jC, JC, jC, jD (freeze, drop) Musou (any)? And for D Musou, can you still relaunch the opponent with 2C or 6C?

And for D Musou, can you still relaunch the opponent with 2C or 6C?

I can answer this one. Yes, you can, and you can add in a C musou after a 6C for knockdown due to the height change.

For C Renhyou on Counterhit, can you still followup with jB, jC, JC, jC, jD (freeze, drop) Musou (any)?

I'm assuming Renhyou is 623C.

No, jB is too slow and targets have lesser tech time from 623C CH. 66 5C works on some, 66 5B should work for most.

This was discussed in the other thread.

j.B? j.C (now j.2C)?

Goddamn, please research a bit before asking this stuff.

EDIT: In response to smooshman

My bad as well, I forgot jC is j2C now.

Can you still jump cancel off it?

My bad as well, I forgot jC is j2C now.

Can you still jump cancel off it?

You can JC out of both.

But you will probably whiff second jC if you do jC JC jC.

If you watch the latest videos of Jin you'll be able to pick up the new combos and stuff. "J.B -> J.C -> DJ.C -> DJ.D -> Ice Car" works with the new J.C it seems.

You can JC out of both.

But you will probably whiff second jC if you do jC JC jC.

Can you do j2C JC j2C? :8/:

60 frames for charging, to include hitstop is pretty standard input for charges. So 2 seconds isn't to far off from the truth. Yes Blade you can do j2C JC j2C.

sorry to bother but... I was practicing a combo:5B(2)>5C>JB>JC>JD>236D>dash>JB>JC>JC214B and found that 214B doesn't combo cleanly and becomes techable after the second JC. so is there another attack I can use instead (besides throw)? I'm probably going to use JB>JC>JB>JC(>JD if it fits in) if there's no other alternative

That's a CT combo. You should repost that in a CT thread.

In some recent Hakumen videos, I think the player was Kaqn, he was comboing his new j.C into itself, off of a super jump. I was wondering, seeing how similar Jin's new j.C is, if he could do the same thing. Or are the move properties different?