Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

i'm having a bit of a problem figuring out your question: do you mean you can't get the 2B to combo or do you mean you can combo the 2B but not anything after that?

if your problem is the former, then all i can say is practice and learn the timing since it's not a cancel, it's a link, so you can't just mash 2B right after 3C, you need to wait for 3C to completely finish, then press 2B. if your problem is the latter, then i don't know what to say other than hit the buttons faster.

Sorry that wasn't clear. Yeah, it's the former. And yeah, I was mashing 2B. I'll work on the timing. Thanks!

Mashing usually doesn't work well for Jin's combos just get the timing down, it's sorta like CT Jin's corner 623b>5c where it had pretty tight timing, you can also 623b from 3c for a corner combo but it's even harder than getting 2b>5c.

Just wondering, what does the 3C>236C combo finisher achieve? I mean if it does hit, I can't really follow it up other than with another oki (high double jump throw usually). Isn't it better to just let them attempt to get up and do 5C upon their wake up as 3/4 wakeups it will hit and you can go into another combo?

Just wondering, what does the 3C>236C combo finisher achieve? I mean if it does hit, I can't really follow it up other than with another oki (high double jump throw usually). Isn't it better to just let them attempt to get up and do 5C upon their wake up as 3/4 wakeups it will hit and you can go into another combo?

I think it's mostly used to keep people from rolling forward. If they roll forward, you can hopefully continue the combo from them getting hit by the ice sword. If they neutral tech or back tech, they will be forced to block it, allowing you to continue your pressure. If they don't tech and wait for the ice sword to go away, you can pick them up with 2B and start a new combo.

If they try to roll backwards or neutral tech, I usually do 6D and continue my pressure from there since 6D is + frames on block AND it removes a primer.

Jin's my sub, so I'm not completely sure if this is the correct usage of his 3C>236C. :psyduck:

3C > 236C is used to make sure the opponent doesn't roll forward to get out of the corner. It's not too good to use 3C > 236C mid-screen unless you want to force them to roll back.

Since, in the corner, they can't roll or quick tech, they forced to either neutral tech and block, or do a late tech. Late tech can be easily punished with Jin's 2B, just pickup and do an air combo. As for neutral tech, they can either block, or do a reversal (Ragna inferno divider, Hakumen's drives, etc.). If they block, do your pressure and mixup to try and score another combo on the opponent.

the concept is to control their tech options, in the corner the have to neutral tech, when they do you can continue pressure, or if they didn't block do a combo (like link 5C or something). The reality is that they aren't supposed to get hit by it, you want them to block so that you can continue pressure..... personally I find it better to do when I can't to anything else (no meter for corner loop or to many hits for ice car)

Thanks for the answers guys! I think I might do that for when the opponent has a small hitbox upon wakeup so then 5C Oki in the corner doesn't work or I will do it when they aren't predictable when it comes to their wakeup game.

Yup. I use it quite a couple of times in this vid especially towards the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBLiPhDxyQ

It works only on quick getups and depending on the characters forward roll and backward roll. Same applies for CS. Obviously not a good idea if you think they are going to do a neutral wakeup as the recovery time for a whiffed 5C isn't good but the reward is great.

Since ice auto shatters, is there any invincibility? Also, if I where do do a move that's in air unblockable (2C 6C 623A 623B 623C 623D 632146D) do you think it would be for garb anti air mix-up.

Since ice auto shatters, is there any invincibility?

oh god no, that would suck way too much.

the other question I don't really understand.

in the combo:

5B > 5C > 3C > 2B > hjc > j.B > j.C > j.D > land

if i were to 623A at the point of ice shatter/thaw, do you think it would be viable, since they are in the air?

Seems gimmicky, like, it will work if they never saw the set up..

The main problem is how far they are when the ice pops, if they do FD how hard can you be punished vs the reward of landing raw 623A, when you could just continue the combo for a knockdown, and maybe more damage than a risky, 623A depending on distance to the corner.

Like, if it would win the round, you will have less than 25 meter after jD, and you know just an ice ride won't kill.. It may be useful for that surprise round ender.. But in most situations there are better approaches.

seems risky to me imo... if they block, then you're probably going to eat a fat combo. If you're going to do this, i suggest you try using 2C instead since it needs to be barrier blocked in the air. Not to mention you can probably do more damage this way and you're not completely screwed if they block it. However, 2C is a bit slow, so it may not work...

If you really want to try something that is air unblockable try 2c>6c> any dp, if 6c hits you get a free dash>jump air combo. Also 2b>hjc>j.b? I tried doing this but i'm assuming its 2b>5c>hjc>j.b since connecting j.b after 2b doesnt seem to work. If you really want to throw them into corner or w/e use 5b>5c>3c>2b>5c>623b or 5b>5c>3c>2b>5c>6c>623a.

I need a quick bit of advice here (since I'm new to CS Jin):

What air combos end in Musou and D Musou?

I'm not trying to do Superjump Cancel here, just something basic, ignore the launchers for a moment.

[??],[??] jump cancel [??],[jD] Musou/D Musou.

[??],[??] jump cancel [??],[??] Musou.

Thanks, I just need to know what ends in Musou without it teching.

Oh and is there anything that links to 623C on counter?

I need a quick bit of advice here (since I'm new to CS Jin):

Oh and is there anything that links to 623C on counter?

d.5B > 5C midscreen, 5C in a corner.

For very simple, non-launcher combos, it's basically 5B > (2B) > 5C > (2C) > (3C) > B or D Musou. Brackets mean optional moves. Although I'm pretty sure 3C > 214D whiffs due to the increased speed of 214D as opposed to 214B. Also, 3C > Any musou whiffs on Carl.

And I wouldn't recommend linking into 623C, it would be much better to link into 623B so you can start Jin's corner combo (if near corner of course). 623C has crap proration, and you can only follow it up if you get counter hit using it (or you rapid but that would be a big waste of 50 heat).

I actually meant the combos in the air...something like j.B,j.2C, jump cancel j.2C something...which is kinda hard actually.

Oh...well, in the air, it's J.B or J.C > (J.2C) > Jump Cancel > J.2C > (J.D) > Musou. Again, brackets denote optional moves.

If you've already frozen the opponent prior to doing the air combo, leave J.D out. In the same case, since you can't freeze the opponent anymore, it might be wise to do only J.C > Jump cancel > J.2C > Musou. This is only if you didn't super jump cancel (and also if you're too far into a combo). Otherwise, feel free to add in an extra J.2C before the jump cancel. Hope this wasn't too confusing.

Also, if you just started CS Jin, learn how to jump and then do J.2C. It's weird because you have to press 8 (or 7 or 9) and then go back down to 2 again, but it'll be useful to be able to do that easily.

Feels like Hakumen now doesn't it lolz, always try to get a j.C instead of j.B, if your combo count is too high for musou then go for j.236B if you are midscreen and j.236C if you are in corner. Easiest air combo damage would be j.C>j.2C>j.C>j.D>j.214C, but j.C and j.2C are interchangable at close range so it doesn't really matter all that much.

Just be careful with J.C though, because it's vertical range is horrible.

j2C is more failsafe at the end of a long [not yet frozen] combo than jC. If you have execution problems, go ahead and jC>jD, but I would suggest practicing j2C>jD in the long run.

Sometimes I do jC > j2C > dj > jC > jD anyway because the combo looks tighter.

Whatever, I like tight looking combos.

j2C is more failsafe at the end of a long [not yet frozen] combo than jC. If you have execution problems, go ahead and jC>jD, but I would suggest practicing j2C>jD in the long run.

Sometimes I do jC > j2C > dj > jC > jD anyway because the combo looks tighter.

Whatever, I like tight looking combos.

as a complete dumbass, I can't do JB>J2C>J2C.....

JC>JC does work.... but it doesn't work in corner, and if they're frozen you have to jump straight up..... if you were close enough.

as for air combos, I do: 5B>3C>2B>5C>6C>dash>JB>JC>JC>JD>214C(214D>6C>214C if close to corner. corner). does good corner push, too bad I suck too much to ever land it in a real fight.....