Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

I suggest not using j.B at all in air combos, replace with either j.C or j.2C for maximum damage.

I suggest not using j.B at all in air combos, replace with either j.C or j.2C for maximum damage.

I think it's easier to land the JB, since it has a bigger hit box.... christ, so many options, and all of them mediocre T_T

i rarely use jB in air combos but what corner loops u guys been using? ive been using 5b.5c.623b.6c.6d.6b.623b.6c.6d. ice arrow DD

In the right situation, I would do Fatal 2C > 6C > delayed 623B > 6C > 6D > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C or Ice Arrow. This is the strongest variation I've used so far (about 6200 damage with Ice arrow), but it requires you to be not too close to the corner (and not too far either).

In more common situations, I would do 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C or Ice arrow. Usually does around 4k.

My variations use 623D 2nd hit:

623D 2nd hit>6C>6D>6C>6D>5C>6C>DC>623D>5C>6C>6D>632146D>6C>623C 6400 damage

623D 2nd hit>6C>623B>6C>6D>6C>6D>5C>6C>DC>623D>5C>632146D>6C>623C 6618 damage

The second combo is all about spacing and the duration you hold 6 down during the 623D and 1st 2 6C, don't ask why 5C>632146D it blackbeats if I try for a 6C no matter how long I delay 2nd hit of the 623D.

im a newb and I've taken a liking to jin i just wanted to know what was a good way to start jins pressure strings

generally something with alot of gatlings and cancels, so like

5A,2A,5B..... but really as long as you know how to keep the pressure going, which I don't....

2A is one of jin's best ground tools.

5B is decent, but gets beat by a lot of things and has slower startup. You use it to start his basic 5B(B) >> 2B >> 5C string.

Here's a list of working gattles including frame traps:

2A>6A>sekkajin

5B 2 hits>2B>5C>(frame trap can start from here)2C>6C>6B>5B or 5C or sekkajin, why use this? well delaying 2C can get the opponent to stop blocking and trying to attack back, this also goes for the 6C which does not truly gattle from 5C nor 2C unless from counter hit, though it doesn't gattle it still technically links and 6B links from 6C fast enough to hit them if they try to attack after blocking 6C, if they block 6B then you can start the whole thing all over again or push yourself away and make space with sekkajin. Also most people do not expect you to do anything after a 6C so using 6B should or will work to get a combo or continue pressure.

Here are combo possibilities from that pressure string:

from 5B: 5B>2B>5C>2C>3C>214B or 5B>2B>5C>3C>2B>5C>JC>air combo

from 2B: 2B on standing block>5C>6C>DC>5C>JC>j.C>j.2C>JC>j.C>j.D>j.214C, 2B on standing block>5C>6C>DC>5C>6C>DC>jump>j.C>j.2C>JC>j.C>j.D>j.214C, and 5B combos starting from 2B portion

from 5C: sekkajin 8 hits(5C mash)>6C>2D>6B>sekkajin 8 hits>6C>214C, and 5B combos starting from 5C portion

from 6C: 6C>DC>5C, 6C>623B, 6C>6D(corner only), 6C>623C(combo ender), 6C>2D(midscreen), 6C>DC>jump>air combo

from 2C: Well you'll get a FC if they try to attack so have fun with that

from 6B: 6B>623B,6B>sekkajin>dash 5C or 6C

the rest i pretty much explained already so.....hf in training room :o?

is anyone else finding it extremely difficult to air dash after doing jump 2c jd? the full combo would be something like CH 5c 6c xx 5c sjc j2c jd air dash j2c jc (or air dash b 2c, i think that still works) dash 5b 2b 5c 3c 236 c

also finding it hard to connect the j2c jc dash 5b etc, jin got beat with the nerf bat way too hard

Just practice doing IAD j.2C>j.C>land>dash 5B 2 hits>2B>5C>3C, replace 236C with 214B unless you are in or near corner.

No, the concept is the same, as long as you have the momentum from an air dash j.2C>j.C>land will work and you immediately follow with a dash 5B.

capsule i know what u mean the IAD version is alot more easier u just have to practice air dashing mid combo.... the timing is pretty much the same as jumping and throwing an ice sword and then air dashing

I went to check and I think the problem is the freeze from j.D breaking too fast which makes the timing tight, you just have to do j.2C immediately after you air dash the rest comes in easily.

I have a very simple and stupid question there. It says in the Jin Beginner guide that his movement speed was reduced, it that true? If yes, that reaaaaally sucks... I didn't pay much attention to his movements as I've been focusing on re-adapting with his new j.C and j.2C things. (And the new combos, of course)

this may soud mad noobish but i wanted to know what were jins good pokes cause i seen in the videos that jin is using j.A

5C, JC, certain characters 2D......maybe 5D if you're insane.

oh and when jin is starting his lock down game is it good to use his his j.2c?

his pressure game? he doesn't have lockdown. but J2C is good for trying to get an overhead and you can do J2C>2B.

@demonicZERO360: his best poke is, as you probably know by know, his jC. 2A is decent one, and can be actually used as an anti air, or for stuffing out moves from a decent distance. It's got quite a hitbox.

I would not try to use j2C often in block strings. It has a bit of startup. It does have good blockstun though, especially on counter hit. Use it sparingly. I'd rather use jB.

What corner combos do people recommend doing of a CH 623B? Preferrably one that doesn't eat up more than 50% heat (or if you start with over 25% heat when you do 623B).

What corner combos do people recommend doing of a CH 623B? Preferrably one that doesn't eat up more than 50% heat (or if you start with over 25% heat when you do 623B).

off a CH 623B? with that 60 p1.... I would say 623B>6C>6D>6D>5B>5C>3C>236C(oki)

maybe 623B>6C>6D>6D>sekka>6C>214C, haven't tried this one though.... I suspect they might tech before the 6C.

actually the best is:

623B>6C>6D>[2]8D. It's a guaranteed kill.