Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

also if you're gonna air tech against ragna you better barrier block unless you wanna eat 3.5k+ combo

Since there is no match-up forum for these characters, I'll ask here. What can Jin do against Mu-12 and Makoto.

Mu, hit her with 2D and 236B when she sets up her steins poorly..... and JC if she's in the air.

Mu: ICE CARRRRRRR!!!!11ONE!! to move around on ground

Makoto: try to get FC 2C when she does the retarded DP and throw her into corner then it's basically game from there unless you let her wakeup DP you.

Since there is no match-up forum for these characters, I'll ask here. What can Jin do against Mu-12 and Makoto.

what exactly do u want to know? i dont understand your question

@Demonic

For Ragna you need to avoid sticking out jC too often in the air, mix it up a bit. If he chooses to end a combo without oki(i.e. leaving you in the air) make sure you are barrier blocking and vary rarely attempt to reverse with a jB or or j2C as ragnas 6A will beat you every time. On the ground be wary of Hell's Fang and don't stick out 5Cs all the time...mix it up with 236A/B or the air versions to zone a bit.

For Litchi you really just need to learn when to recover in the corner, she will be fishing for counter hits on the ground to push you in the corner and get a 4-5k combo on you. If you don't know when to tech just wait till you hit the ground to avoid a reset and another large damage combo.

I'd like to know. Is there any sort of Tutorial video for Jin? I've seen a few for Ragna, Hazama and etc. Is there anybody that's planning on teaching Jin basics on a video? I don't know why but it's just more effective to be able to see it than imagine it for me and I'm pretty sure lots of other people.

Is there not a Jin Social Thread or something?

I noticed there aren't character social threads here... :(

I was totally looking forward to talking about how gangster Jin looks riding the Ice Car/Freezemobile/Chill Wagon (I got lots of these...)

Is there not a Jin Social Thread or something?

I noticed there aren't character social threads here... :(

I was totally looking forward to talking about how gangster Jin looks riding the Ice Car/Freezemobile/Chill Wagon (I got lots of these...)

Rachel and Makoto have them, not Jin, we generally don't talk to each other except to talk about cool (no pun intended) shit that we see happen, or soomething cool is done by a top player.

(Hmm... Let's see how many lame puns I can make in one post.)

That's so not cool. Jins need to just chill out, relax, and stop giving each other the cold shoulder. Let's just freeze for a moment and consider the possibility of a social thread. I mean, it'd be pretty cool, right?

Achoo!

Blast... I think I have a cold.

knock it off

i'm sorry if you think this place is for "all the cool jin players to hang out", cuz it's not. Our primary purpose here is to discuss competitive gameplay.

What about against Hakumen players abusing j.2C or Bangs using j.C? 623B is the better option?

When is a good time to use 2C as an Anti air? Or should I avoid using it as one?

What about against Hakumen players abusing j.2C or Bangs using j.C? 623B is the better option?

When is a good time to use 2C as an Anti air? Or should I avoid using it as one?

...block.

2C is good for high empty jumps

best way to use it as AA is to run under them then use it while they're falling down and also when you get them stuck in air with block stun from like 5A, 5B, 5C, or falling j.B

Hmm, in combos that involve 5B>2B>5C>3C, is 2B a necessity? it's not that i can't do it, but im still conditioned to do 5B>5C>3C, am i missing much by omitting the 2B?

Hmm, in combos that involve 5B>2B>5C>3C, is 2B a necessity? it's not that i can't do it, but im still conditioned to do 5B>5C>3C, am i missing much by omitting the 2B?

not really it's just combo fluff AFAIK, and Jin doesn't really have a combo that would require small adjustments in spacing (johnny combos).

not really it's just combo fluff AFAIK, and Jin doesn't really have a combo that would require small adjustments in spacing (johnny combos).

Depending on the character, doing 5B>2B>5C>3C>236D won't work however 5B>5C>3C>236D will (on characters like another Jin).

However, if you are just going for knockdown, a little extra damage won't hurt.

Mmmmmm just curious.

What is the general consensus among Jin players on the usage of 623C as a reversal?

Because after looking at the frame data and testing some things out, it seems Jin is completely helpless

on wake up unless he has at least 25 heat. I must be missing something.

Quick and random question: Did j.B's hitstun get lowered? And even though it was written that j.2C did not get any changes, I'm under the impression that it comes out more slowly. Is is simply because of my input?