Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

Mmmmmm just curious.

What is the general consensus among Jin players on the usage of 623C as a reversal?

Because after looking at the frame data and testing some things out, it seems Jin is completely helpless

on wake up unless he has at least 25 heat. I must be missing something.

just relax and block. 623c if you're confident in their overaggressiveness, or if you have 50 heat for an RC. not sure there's much else to it.

I usually use 623C multihit IB>623C like on Noel's 6C during drive or maybe when the obvious ragna does 214A. As long as it gets into knockdown, I don't really care about damage.

Quick and random question: Did j.B's hitstun get lowered? And even though it was written that j.2C did not get any changes, I'm under the impression that it comes out more slowly. Is is simply because of my input?

no, it's the same.... I think J2C has a wider hitbox.

I have a basic question, Jin's drive is described as the freeze time never changes, but on counter hit I can link other attacks then on normal hit. Why? does the freeze time last longer, or does it kick in later?

Counter hit basically stops the opponent in place for a few frames and gives it longer hitstun/untechable time (which freezes aren't affected by) as well as slightly higher and further push.

Basically, counter freezes will just give you a few more frames before the untechable time will kick in.

Well, I think that is how it is.

For Jin's 3C > 236D, does it work on anyone besides Tager, Rachel, and Hakumen?

Edit: From above posts, apparently 3C > 236D works on Jin as long as you're not too far.

Hi, I have 2 quick questions:

-If given the opportunity, should Jin ALWAYS go for Oki set-ups? I've noticed that Hiroshi/Tetsu is pretty successful this way, and his qualifying match against Fio of all people was quite impressive to me. On the flip-side of this, I haven't seen too many other Jins as consistently successful via other styles of play.

-I'm having trouble landing 5B>3C>2B>5C>hj2C>jD>air dash > j2C > jC > 5B > 2B > 5C > 3C. The issues is with the air dash and the follow-up. Typically, one of two things happen: the air dash doesn't come out at all, or the j2C comes out too late. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone have any advice on this combo?

Thanks in advance.

first of all, I'm pretty sure it's ideal for the 5c to hit somewhat late, so you hit them with like the tip of your sword.

the air dash, I dunno, I just do it as soon as possible. In CT I just practiced by repeatedly doing sj.D, 66, j.b against a jumping dummy. eventually I got the timing down.

I've never had problems with the second j.2c so I'm not sure how to help you there.

oh no, I'm not the Jin player. I play Ragna. I just think it's best to know all sorts of things to know what I can do.

And well, according to the frame data, the hitbox for Jin's Shoryu C comes out on 20. Waht does this mean?

Well, similarly to how you treat Lambda on wake up, you can always jab Jin on wake up since if even if he DOES do Shoryu C

and you jab him, you have time to block since your jab will recover before that snail hitbox comes out. It's no 50-50, that's for sure.

But, anyway. Gotcha.

I've been tryin this to win this match up all week but i dont what im doin wrong its jin vs litichi

the problems simple, you're playing JIN vs Litchi.

When should I use 6B at all? I know its a good combo starter but its too slow and is easily blocked/countered. So far I could only pull it off against Ragna on ID whiff.

When should I use 6B at all? I know its a good combo starter but its too slow and is easily blocked/countered. So far I could only pull it off against Ragna on ID whiff.

off of 2D and 6D, maybe in blockstring if you feel like taking a risk.

@smooshman

If I do that then I think I'm just limited to Cx8 right after huh? I guess I can try it as a random block string.

@ xlolxlolx

I noticed that those do connect but i'm kinda worried about stuff like Tager's 2A or eating a dp if I pull that. I'll try doing that against certain characters/people then.

Thanks for the info guys

@smooshman

If I do that then I think I'm just limited to Cx8 right after huh? I guess I can try it as a random block string.

well, there's stuff like 6b>5b>2b>5c>3c for oki, but yeah sekka is generally better

6B goes into lots of stuff actually

on block:

2A tick throw, 5B tick throw, 5B>IAD crossup, air ice sword>air dash>any jump attack

on hit: 5B>stuff,5C>stuff,sekkajin>stuff,623B>stuff,

on counter hit: 6C>stuff,6B(this is a second 6B)>stuff

6B goes into lots of stuff actually

on block:

2A tick throw, 5B tick throw, 5B>IAD crossup, air ice sword>air dash>any jump attack

on hit: 5B>stuff,5C>stuff,sekkajin>stuff,623B>stuff,

on counter hit: 6C>stuff,6B(this is a second 6B)>stuff

yeah 6B is pretty gdlk........ when the enemy doesn't bitchslap you.

gdlk vs tager since its throw invincible for most of the duration, i dont use it that much tough, and 6C>6B is really if you want to continue screwing with them after doing stuff like 5C>delayed 2C frame traps

gdlk vs tager since its throw invincible for most of the duration,

oh shit I forgot about that, I need to remember that now.

I've been noticing some glaring holes in my game, and I feel I have better options, so here are my questions.

what're some good setups for JB crossup?

I can't seem to cross up with it, I just right by the enemy and it's making me sad.

also what's a good way to keep pressure reliable after 5C?

this seems basic, but honestly 3C>236A is so unsafe and 5C>6C actually has room for a reversal, and 6C DC is... a coin flip, either it works or I die.

I'm thinking Jump cancel, but I don't know what to follow up with... tk ice sword? or IAD something?