Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

[CS1] Simple Q & A Thread

well that I can do fine because that's corner. I rarely miss j.C in the corner outside of mis-timing the j.C and just not getting it out.

I mean more like mid-screen when I try to pick someone up after mid-screen 5C CH>6C>DC hits or anything like that.

no thats midscreen also... and you mean something like CH 5C>6C>2D>6C>DC>5C>6C>DC>j.C>JC>j.2C>j.214D>6C>214C where you have to buffer j.C right before your DC ends

you should do 6C>2D>66B>sekkajin>6C>DC>5C>6C>DC>j.C>JC>j.2C>j.214D>6C>214C instead since doing 5C>JC>j.C>j.2C>JC>j.C>etc does less damage

You don't have to do any jump moves while doing corner loop.

My standard, 25% corner combo: 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C

You can do more 623D's depending on your meter, and you can also replace 214C with 632146D if you want to add in a super.

You don't have to do any jump moves while doing corner loop.

My standard, 25% corner combo: 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C

You can do more 623D's depending on your meter, and you can also replace 214C with 632146D if you want to add in a super.

That's fantastic, thanks. Just a quick question, if I wanted to add another 623D to that list, would it go like this;

6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D >;

1) 623D > 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C

or

2) 623D > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C.

im assuming youre talking about 623D 2nd hit, so best would actually be

623D>6C>623B>6C>6D>6C>6D>623D>6C>6D>5C>sjc>j.2C>j.214C you can take off the last 6D part and just go into 214C but you get less damage

That's fantastic, thanks. Just a quick question, if I wanted to add another 623D to that list, would it go like this;

6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D >;

1) 623D > 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C

or

2) 623D > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C.

By add another 623D, you mean what if you had 50% or more meter?

In that case, do 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 6D > 623D > 6C > 214C

You simply add in one more loop of 6C > 6D > 623D, instead of ending with 6C > 214C.

Note that you have to know your starter moves though. 6C has good proration so you can get 2 loops and then end with 6C > 214C or 6C > D super. But if you start off with, for example, back throw, you should do only 1 623D (and you probably won't be able to add in the 6B > 623B part due to bad proration).

One last thing (that I may have misread in your post, but I can't say for sure, sorry). You can't do 6B > 623B if your 6D didn't freeze them. I see in your post that you wrote 1) 623D > 6C > 6D > 6B > 623B. Unless you never froze them before, this shouldn't work.

Ah, sorry I was being akward. What I was trying to say is that is there a way to finish combos without the superjump cancel j.2c. I didn't realise you guys were telling me that if I stop the 6D at the end, I can finish with a 214C or a distortion drive, at the sacrifice of a bit of damage. I completely misunderstood you two. I assume that's what you were trying to tell me?

On that note then, is there any way to finish with a 214D# without doing the aforementioned SJC j.2c? I originally thought that after the 6D, I could do 5C > 6C > DC > j.c > JC > j.2c > j214D. But unfortunatly, it doesn't work if there's been more than one 623D in the combo. :(

Is there a way to combo 214D off a 6C, or do I have to do something completely different?

What's the best way to try and catch/chase air recoveries with Jin?

I usually do a meaty j.5B midscreen, but if I'm close enough and they're high enough I might dare a cross-under 2C/623A AA.

Alright, up to this point I've been ignoring an important aspect of Jin's game: frame traps. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that frame traps refers to leaving a tiny hole in your block-strings and punishing opponents with CHs as they attempt to mash their way out. I believe that going for a 3C/6C > DP D would be considered to be a frame trap (a risky and predictable one at that). I'm no good at this, so would anyone show me more examples that make good use of frame traps?

Any gap in your blockstring large enough to allow your enemy to act, but small enough so that the enemy will be countered if they use their fastest normal able to hit you from their current range may be considered a frame trap. 2A5C, 5B2C, 6B xx 5B, IAD j2CjCj236B are some examples (these consider normal block, 5B2C and 6B xx 5B will lose on IB). 5B is fast and leaves you at neutral so it's Jin's most commonly used frame trap.

Frame traps will lose to reversals, so be ready to punish it. Because of how strong IB is, frame traps are tricky to use. You'll have to react accordingly and change your frame trap on the fly. For example, if you notice the enemy has IB'd your 6B, you could cancel into j236B, 623D, etc.

Good stuff, I usually use 5B to reset pressure and bait DPs, so it's good to know that it's one of his better frame trap tools, thanks.

Very basic question here.

I can perform Hazama's JC IAD consistently during my blockstrings with my fightstick. But it seems that I'm having more trouble with Jin's, probably due to his 5f jump, making me SJC instead. I've tried delaying slightly my motion (forcing me to be careful with my joystick motion, making it very counterintuitive) and it works but I usually don't pull it off well during matches. I'm pretty sure only Stunedge will be able to answer this question, but is the timing of JC IAD more intuitive on BBCS2?

jump startup happens when you finish your input so it has nothing to do with that.

it just your execution , so just work on that. Maybe because you think that it has anything to do with that so it hinder you from doing it correctly.

I don't understand why you wanna do IAD jC anyway with either haz or jin , IAD usually is usually being used for crossup jC isn't a good move to cross people up maybe sometimes you want to do long range poke with IAD jc with jin, but it's not really good to do that, you can just jump instead.

I'm pretty sure he meant Jump Cancel -> IAD.

As for IAD crossup jC (Jin's), it's a decent long-range crossup (for pressure, not mixup). Not hitting most crouching hitboxes limits its usefulness though.

i don't see how IAD j.C is useful at all unless it's for that last bit of health remaining or maybe if the opponent is in the corner. it seems really risky for not much gain.

supposedly j.C has a bigger hitbox below jin in CS2, but even then, i wouldn't use this unless it's for the kill.