Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

It seems that they can tech before you finish your Rekkazan but you'll be done recovering before they can do anything...

What's Tao's super where you have to duck it? I wasn't really paying attention when it happened because I was screwing with the comp AI, but I did 632146C and Tao did her super on reversal and it connected...

Like I said I wasn't paying attention so I didn't try and duck it but It looked like he might have still been recovering from his super? It would be really stupid if that were the case so I highly doubt it, but just curious as to if there is something else that could happen along these lines...

214214C iirc.

Honestly I'm pretty sure thats actually possible because they recover before you can do anything. Though I think its a pretty close frame difference at best. I did it against a Rachel and she managed to tech, wind towards me and spam 5a before I finished recovering.

It might actually be able to get Rekkazan'd then recover and Rekkazan back before they finish recovering but I'm not too sure on this since Hazama mirror matches are stupid.

214214C iirc.

Honestly I'm pretty sure thats actually possible because they recover before you can do anything. Though I think its a pretty close frame difference at best. I did it against a Rachel and she managed to tech, wind towards me and spam 5a before I finished recovering.

It might actually be able to get Rekkazan'd then recover and Rekkazan back before they finish recovering but I'm not too sure on this since Hazama mirror matches are stupid.

Yeah, that's a pretty unlikely scenario. I guess we can go back to discussing the epicness of Jayoku. (Also, if you're able to attack Hazama before he can recover after 632146C... I'm guessing they'll patch that in the console version.) Not that it's unfair or anything, just doesn't seem like something that would occur after you sucessfully hit your opponent with a DD.

~ Or are you guys talking about a blocked situation?... but that's pretty obvious.

He'll recover slightly faster than you would after a 632146C but the difference is so small you'll be able to block anything he throws at you.

On a block.. yeah.. :vbang:

He'll recover slightly faster than you would after a 632146C but the difference is so small you'll be able to block anything he throws at you.

On a block.. yeah.. :vbang:

Haha, indeed. The only time I'll risk Mizuchi without comboing or throwing into it is when I know it will finish off my opponent, and we're both at a low amount of health.

It works especially well when you use the element of surprise with it and your opponent is Jin spamming ice blades, or Rachel spamming Lobelia's... Still a risk though, since if you don't time it right, and their move hits you out of it, you've wasted 50 heat and risked losing the round.

If they're spamming ice blades or lobelias at you from full screen when you have 50 meter they deserve to be rekkazan'd!!

The timing window is pretty big to get them when they do that, just gotta pay attention. Even if they block it chances are the projectile might pass through your invinc frames. I'm pretty sure they can't do much to capitalize on a long range projectile heat except get a little closer though. Rachel can do Lobelia > BBL but it'll do pitiful damage unless you're standing under like 2-3 poles which you shouldn't be..

If they're spamming ice blades or lobelias at you from full screen when you have 50 meter they deserve to be rekkazan'd!!

The timing window is pretty big to get them when they do that, just gotta pay attention. Even if they block it chances are the projectile might pass through your invinc frames. I'm pretty sure they can't do much to capitalize on a long range projectile heat except get a little closer though. Rachel can do Lobelia > BBL but it'll do pitiful damage unless you're standing under like 2-3 poles which you shouldn't be..

Haha, very true. I don't think anyone should be standing under the poles. Unless Rachel gets a serious buff, she's really not going to be a threat according to her damage. I really wonder what the console version will do to the characters when the rebalancing is done, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quick gameplay questions too, is there a reason Zakiyama and Buppa tend to combo:

5D~D > j.B > 2A > 5B > BnB

I assume it'd be better to leave out the 2A since that just lowers the proration and overall damage output. Is it possible that 5B will wiff at the range they're at? Or is 2A just a safer option after comboing from a jump attack? (Personally, I always go for 2C > 3C, but I think j.B has better proration that 2C, so I'll have to get used to that.)

Rachel does crap damage but it adds up overtime. Don't take her lightly she isn't a cakewalk to beat. Hazama is one of her better matchups as she has a far easier time dealing with his chain shenanigans with her playground, she also has ways of stopping your entry via wind which is annoying as hell.

2a is a bit faster than 5b but not much. I'm assuming it's for hit confirms as j.b doesn't really give much hit-stun unlike j.2c. 5b has a longer range then 2a does so whiffing is out of the question.

I don't see any reason to use 2a in a combo if theres a chain-hit.

On a non-chain hit jb entry though I'm pretty sure 2a has less knockback then 5b so it'll be easier for the m to confirm into combo or go into their pressure strings.

Rachel does crap damage but it adds up overtime. Don't take her lightly she isn't a cakewalk to beat. Hazama is one of her better matchups as she has a far easier time dealing with his chain shenanigans with her playground, she also has ways of stopping your entry via wind which is annoying as hell.

2a is a bit faster than 5b but not much. I'm assuming it's for hit confirms as j.b doesn't really give much hit-stun unlike j.2c. 5b has a longer range then 2a does so whiffing is out of the question.

I don't see any reason to use 2a in a combo if theres a chain-hit.

On a non-chain hit jb entry though I'm pretty sure 2a has less knockback then 5b so it'll be easier for the m to confirm into combo or go into their pressure strings.

I see, so it's easier to hit confirm with, and they're more likely to be in Zaneiga range. Sounds alright, but I'll probably stick with j.B > 5B for now or j.2C > 3C. Does either one of those combo setups have an advantage on the other? (Or would it be even wiser to do j.2C > 5B > 3C > BnB?)

wow...impressed. played hazama for the first time, gotta say: its legit. combo's were easy to execute and i was able to hound my opponent. LEGIT...officially my main for cs.

this might not be good since we'll probably see ALOT of hazama's but hey its hard being popular.

While I was playing as Hazama earlier, just tried it for giggles.

3c > Rekkazan.

I apologize if that was already posted here. Didn't think it was possible at first since I didn't think Rekkazan would reach where your opponent falls on 3c. I could have done it by sheer luck, so I'm not so sure.

Is that even worth it though? Will look cool but still dash 2b > Jayoku will work better.

Pretty sure it'll work on most characters bar carl if you hit them at the furthest 3c range since they only have to be barely in the portal to get hit.

Yeah, that's a pretty unlikely scenario. I guess we can go back to discussing the epicness of Jayoku. (Also, if you're able to attack Hazama before he can recover after 632146C... I'm guessing they'll patch that in the console version.) Not that it's unfair or anything, just doesn't seem like something that would occur after you sucessfully hit your opponent with a DD.

~ Or are you guys talking about a blocked situation?... but that's pretty obvious.

Its just high proration, why should it be changed <_< are you saying ragna should be able to FC como your ass for like 7.5k then finish in carnage scissors to blow you over like 8.4kish. No, because you can tech out after the first hit of carnage scissors, and are in prime position to attack ragna (neutal tech places you right in front of him as he whiffs the second hit)

Its just high proration, why should it be changed <_< are you saying ragna should be able to FC como your ass for like 7.5k then finish in carnage scissors to blow you over like 8.4kish. No, because you can tech out after the first hit of carnage scissors, and are in prime position to attack ragna (neutal tech places you right in front of him as he whiffs the second hit)

I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't saying the damage or proration should be changed, or anything for that matter. I was just saying that after 632146C (Mizuchi Rekkazan), your opponent can attack you before Hazama recovers from it completely. It's fair, I just thought they might change it, since moves with knockback usually don't result in the opponent attacking first.

Hey guys, what's a good way to get closer to your opp. after 623D? I sometimes dash forward and 3c, 214D-A. Is this good? Or should I just use chains. Thanks.

chains will be risky, if your opponent techs back and anti-air, they can woop out 1k - 2k damage (depending on who ur opponent is) [maybe 3k for tager]

I don't know, if you time the j.6D~D to their backwards tech, you can sometimes go in for another combo. Just jump backward after Jakou, and there should be plenty of room for them to avoid anti-airing you. It seems like a lot of people go for the (Dash) 3C > 214D~A. I find it's helpful if you want to stay close and maintain pressure.

^ The chain's fine provided you don't get too overenthusiastic with it and pull yourself in without a hit confirm. Otherwise you'd eat the aforementioned anti-air. :V

Mizuchi's another option. Or RC > 66 > 214D~~C.

^ The chain's fine provided you don't get too overenthusiastic with it and pull yourself in without a hit confirm. Otherwise you'd eat the aforementioned anti-air. :V

Mizuchi's another option. Or RC > 66 > 214D~~C.

Yeah, I was saying, only move in if you hit confirm with the chain. Almost never without it. And RC into j.6D~D and 214D~C must be two of my favorite options ever. I feel like the heat's better preserved for a Jayoku, but hey... this is Hazama. He can afford to waste the heat every now and then.

Does Mizuchi Rekkazan have any other practical use other than getting thrown in for some extra damage in a few combos (mainly after Jakou [623D])? Like can it be used as a punish or something?

Does Mizuchi Rekkazan have any other practical use other than getting thrown in for some extra damage in a few combos (mainly after Jakou [623D])? Like can it be used as a punish or something?

You can punish pretty much any projectile or long recovery attack close to the ground thats a decent length away from you.

I.E Litchi's Great Wheel if she TK's it, any of Rachel's stuff, Jin's ice swords, Lambda's swords (risky) etc etc. It give's a bit of invul so you can use it to dodge projectiles for the lols too.

Also after Jakou I like to do slight delayed 8j.6d (or 7j.6d if they're too close) to force them into blockstun or if I notice they're prone to tech rolling I can just buffer a rekkazan and hit it when they tech and hit them before they can recover.