Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

I would never switch actually. I like Hazama for both gameplay and psychological reasons. His personality, and appearance is too awesome for me to ever pass up. I just think switching from an arrogant evil bastard to a magical girl lolita is a bit strange, haha.

I just think switching from an arrogant evil bastard to a magical girl lolita is a bit strange, haha.

Don't judge me..

I think it's entirely justified. For god's sake. DAT HEART ROD and DEM BOOTS~!! D:

/me goes to cry in a corner about why she isn't released yet..

Don't judge me..

I think it's entirely justified. For god's sake. DAT HEART ROD and DEM BOOTS~!! D:

/me goes to cry in a corner about why she isn't released yet..

Haha, man, you're really hard to read Fireryda. Still not 100% sure you're being serious here. Nonetheless. If you have a PS3, I'd enjoy adding you and watching Hazama beat the hell out of a (another) little girl.

Platina also has hearts in her eyes :\

I'm looking forward to Makoto fanservice/underboob, and Valkenhayn. I guess whether or not I choose to main Valken over Hazama depends on his playstyle. For now I'm gonna stick w/ the Smooth Criminal.

So, what's Hazama's gameplay like? I'm thinking of switching from Noel, so yeah...

Also, how difficult is he, execution wise?

He is easy to use when you use him. After using him he feels very "clunky" also he requires lots of timing.

@ Demethieus

Pick someone you think you can somehow expand their potential. If Hazama feels nice, do spend some time on him and see how far you can go with him

Yeah, Hazama's a great character to use when you finally get used to his gameplay style. Very versatile, and I feel like there's a lot of combo creation you can do with him. Basically a lot of freedom to play a diverse style with him. On the other hand, all characters may have this potential, but he felt the most natural to me. It seems like less and less people are using Hazama these days, so if you decide to switch over to him Demethieus, he may not be as common as he once was.

Side Note: I see you're using Arakune now ARC-IX, that's pretty awesome. He's my second favorite character in the game, and you gotta love that damage potential. If you have a PSN, I'd enjoy adding you and playing some player matches in CS.

Well I'm willing to bet we'll see tons of scrubby Hazamas online when the US release hits. But once they filter out the few and the proud who know what the're doing willl stand!

lookin forward to using this guy when cs drops. him and valk are the only characters that have really grabbed my interest.

Well I'm willing to bet we'll see tons of scrubby Hazamas online when the US release hits.

My money's on Hakumen. :V

My money's on Hakumen. :V

Either way, everyone will fall to my Hazama. Then when everything filtered out. Only I and another Ragna will remain, so we can have awesome epic Nightmare Fiction matches. Everyone else will lose to us, mwuahahaha. Okay, but seriously. It's a good thing a lot of beginners will filter out.

My theory is that everyone will play Hazama because he's a pimp, then find out that his movement is odd and find another character who has a dash rather than a hop. I used to play a lot of 3rd Strike so I'm accustomed to "hopping" characters like Johnny, Carl, and Hazama.

My theory is that everyone will play Hazama because he's a pimp, then find out that his movement is odd and find another character who has a dash rather than a hop. I used to play a lot of 3rd Strike so I'm accustomed to "hopping" characters like Johnny, Carl, and Hazama.

Im all honesty. I've never been into 2D fighting games before BlazBlue: CT, and Street Fighter IV. I played a few capcom vs snk back in the day, but only once or twice in my life. I've used Arakune, Vega, and Hazama. So I feel like being able to move around the screen normally with a character is odd, haha. I always tend to use somewhat "deceptive" fighting styles anyways. Or at least something with a weird control scheme, since weird always feels most natural to me.

Reposting in correct thread for proper discussion:

I've been testing the following combo ( shown most recently in the newest combo video ) and can confirm that it works on Tager, Arakune, Hakuman, and Rachel.

5b > 3c > 214d ~ c > 2c > 6a ~ a > 4d > 623d > j.6d > 2c > 4d ~ a > 4d ~ d > j.c X 5 > dj.c X 5 > j.214d

However, I think its possible to land this combo on some other characters as well. If you start the combo at the tip of Hazama's 5B, or 3C, you will be able to connect the 6D after you launch them. I can get the combo up to the point where you have to jump and connect 6D.

However, I believe me being unable to connect the j.6d is just me having problems with this link, so its possible this works on more characters.

I've attempted to test this further, but that j.6d is giving me trouble. If it is possible on other characters, the timing is extremely tight, however, I'm sadly beginning to think that its only possible on Tager, Rachel, Arakune, and Hakuman.

Im all honesty. I've never been into 2D fighting games before BlazBlue: CT, and Street Fighter IV. I played a few capcom vs snk back in the day, but only once or twice in my life. I've used Arakune, Vega, and Hazama. So I feel like being able to move around the screen normally with a character is odd, haha. I always tend to use somewhat "deceptive" fighting styles anyways. Or at least something with a weird control scheme, since weird always feels most natural to me.

Same here, BBCT really pulled me into fighting games, like WAY too hardcorely compared to how I used to be. I still love 2D > 3D though.

But I mained Ragna in CT... That's all about to go down the drain :P

Reposting in correct thread for proper discussion:

I've attempted to test this further, but that j.6d is giving me trouble. If it is possible on other characters, the timing is extremely tight, however, I'm sadly beginning to think that its only possible on Tager, Rachel, Arakune, and Hakuman.

A recent video I saw showed that it was also possible on Taokaka. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgfTWPmbtHY

6:02 - Works on Taokaka. Not the exact combo, but a jump 6D~D does work. I don't believe this would work on all characters. My guess is it works on the characters who can be picked up with 5C > 2C in the corner without the 2B first. Ex: Taokaka, Hakumen, Tager, Rachel, Arakune. I think that's all, if I'm forgetting anyone, let me know guys. I don't know if I'll end up practicing that in real matches. It'd be great to master, but the timing is extremely strick, so I may just stick to the BnB's, and FC Jayoku combos. The corner combos are my favorite by far though.

A recent video I saw showed that it was also possible on Taokaka. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgfTWPmbtHY

6:02 - Works on Taokaka. Not the exact combo, but a jump 6D~D does work. I don't believe this would work on all characters. My guess is it works on the characters who can be picked up with 5C > 2C in the corner without the 2B first. Ex: Taokaka, Hakumen, Tager, Rachel, Arakune. I think that's all, if I'm forgetting anyone, let me know guys. I don't know if I'll end up practicing that in real matches. It'd be great to master, but the timing is extremely strick, so I may just stick to the BnB's, and FC Jayoku combos. The corner combos are my favorite by far though.

Dang. I didn't even think of trying that... Trying to hit them before they tech after Jakou is probably the hardest part though... I'm definitely going to have to try this :o

Yeah, the j.6D is definitely the hardest part. The rest of it's extremely easy if you just RC Jakou, and proceed to j.6D~D. I've only landed that combo once on Tager when I was practicing it earlier, haha. Other than that, no luck really. But I haven't tried it much.

I'm surprised people think Hazama will get rinsed online, I don't see it. Even if it does happen plenty of people will drop him in my opinion. I expect to see lots of Ragnas.

^ Well, if you're right, I'll be a happy man, since I hate mirror matches. So humiliating losing with your own character. And yeah, they probably will drop him since he's somewhat weird/hard to use.

I'm surprised about the japanese videos that have been submitted thus far. Almost no Hazama's in ranked matches. I would say people are afraid to try something new out. But there's so many Mu-12's it's overwhelming. Ah well. All the more children and women to beat up on.