Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

I hope no one uses Hazama. I'll feel good using a badass character that isn't popular :P

Even more reason for me to drop my old main Ragna though, since he's going to scrub tier >_< (as in all the scrubs are going to pick him up now instead of jin)

And yeah Eclipse I messed with the j.6D~D combo off of Jakou... never hit them before they teched. Can catch them as soon as the DO tech a few times, but that's meh. It'll take a lot of practice to get that one down, and probably be nigh impossible with lag. Hell a lot of Hazama's stuff will be, not looking forward to that.

lol @ beating up women and children. XD

I'm personally thinking there will be a huge influx initially due to the cool look and the new factor. However, Hazama defiantly feels awkward at 1st, so hopefully most of those will drop him. Even if there are a lot of Hazama players, we can always master those tricky combos to stand out. ( looking at you j.6d after jakou...)

Speaking of tricky combos... I know I've seen this combo somewhere, but I can't find the link. ( around the same time as the 10k combo was discovered )

236236D > 44 ( backdash ) > j.9d ~ a > (land) 623d > j.6d > 2c > 4d ~ a > 4d ~ d > j.c X 10 > 214d

It deals about 5,200 to 5,500ish mid-screen for only 50% tension and has worked on everybody I've tried so far. The only problem is the tricky timing on the j.9d and of course that j.6d.

I don't recall any discussion on the combo so sorry it its already been discussed.

Oh, we have never discussed that before. But I do remember seeing that combo in a video. It was done by a person I know on youtube. Too lazy to find the link right now, but I'll show it to you at some point. And yeah, I plan to use RC's and Mizuchi Rekkazan to stand out from the other Hazama's. I also want to focus heavily on corner combos. Basically baiting my opponent to pressure me in the corner, then I Jayoku them to their death. It's all semi-risky, but has a high reward, and that's how I play, haha.

I'm hoping some of the people on this forum switch to some of the new DLC characters as well. Fireryda may switch to Platina now, haha. Nonetheless, I can't wait for this game, mirror matches or not, I'll succeed with Hazama. Just 19 days left!

I can't give up Hazama forever.. He is one of my best characters..

My lambda is better now but that's because I don't auto-pilot with Lambda..much.

But yeah I dont think i'll be hitting up matches with people outside of AU much.. lag gets to me and I only have a finite amount of spare controllers before I move onto my sticks ><;

Damn..friggin..$$ for the DLC, its like buying a whole new game altogether just that you get extra 3 char O.o

Oh btw Eclipse, the combo is by Buppa if im not wrong. (same as the 10k dmg )

what's the standard block string combo for hazama?

my laughable 2A > 2B > 2C combo isn't cutting it

2C so unsafe, wth are you doing man. :V

My autopilot blockstring usually goes 2A > 5B > 3C > 214D~A. If that's not cutting it, I go 2A > 5B > 2B > 3C > 214D~A/C, or some variation thereof.

2c.. has meh horizontal range too.. >_> really shouldnt be using it much outside of combos.

except as an anti-air.. which it's freaking good at but i wish on CH it didn't launch them to the top of the screen.

I liked Hazama the first time I saw him played. Using him isn't hard in my OP but mastering will take some time. He doesn't need a dash cause of his Drive. He can fly across the screen at will lol. I was noticing that I was looking through Tauntloops vids and I've seen like 2 Hazama's. I plan on maining Ragna (Generic lol) and subbing/maining Hazama cause he's just that dam awesome. Once I get my copy I'll post some scrubby or not so scrubby vids of my gameplay. But to all the people who contribute to vids and combos and whatnot, thanks a bunch I've learned alot from em.

And a side note- BB Is a great game lol

2C so unsafe, wth are you doing man. :V

My autopilot blockstring usually goes 2A > 5B > 3C > 214D~A. If that's not cutting it, I go 2A > 5B > 2B > 3C > 214D~A/C, or some variation thereof.

I tend to do the exact same autopilot blockstring, for the first one you mentioned I mean. But basing on what Buppa does and his success. I think alternating between 2A > 5B > 5B > 214D~A/214d~C tends to work best. Maybe your opponent has a frame advantage after 3C, because Buppa only follows it up with Venom Sword. (Still trying to get used to those english names.)

please... use notations instead of attack names unless they're commonly known. cause i have no idea what the hell venom sword is >_>

Haha, basically 236D. We should probably use notations instead of Jayoku as well. At least when the U.S. version comes out, a bunch of newcomers will have no idea what Jayoku means.

I can hardly EVER find a use for Venom Sword (TAKE THAT FIRERYDA) outside of blockstrings or if they're way open for a counter hit and I want them to get way far away from me.

And there's only one combo listed in your combo thread post Eclipse and that is only if they've got their back to the wall and you get the counter hit :\

Pretty lame move overall IMO

Edit: and it's not even that good for blockstrings :\

Is 236D even safe for blockstrings? I'm pretty sure that characters with a good reversal like Noel's 5d can just go straight thru it and punish you for it. ( I might be wrong about this...) If the move was a bit faster or able to be combo'd from mid-screen on counter hits it would be a lot better / worth using.

5d.. is not even a reversal.. AT ALL.

it just has BS invul frames that go through everything. jabaki (236d) is pretty safe on block (+1) but it can't be cancelled with everything so it's usually a pressure ender as far as i know. most times you use it you'll be too far to do anything else.

Either way it's combo'able on CH in corner

236C>5C>2C>whatever

and on CH mid-screen

RC > 5d~d>j.b>5b>2c... not worth it though

^ Well, I know 3C links into 236D. So I think Venom sword might be safe there. I believe it'll do a little chip damage after 3C, so you might be able to kill someone if they're really low in health. Not an awful move, just has little to no use right now. I have a feeling that in the next BB, it'll be buffed, and we'll find ourselves using it mid-combo. I think it looks pretty cool personally.

Bad choice of words on my behalf, I was mostly just referring to a move that could go thru it and Noel's 5d was the 1st attack that came to mind. I'm aware of the corner combos, I was saying they should buff it so that you can combo it from mid-screen on counter hit without using 50% heat for a rapid. ( I'm thinking connect a 5d ~ d to his standard combo stuff. )

I also think it looks and sounds pretty cool. Its my move of choice to whack KO foes w/ to watch them slide across the screen.

ok i sound wierd here but here me out... I want to main hazama like everyone does cuz hes so pimp :D... But anyway it seems to me like hes a drive spam character... most of the replays ive been seeing of zakiyama on gamechariot include him basically dashing around the screen until he can land his ouroburo on someone and fly in to startup a combo.Though I do love the fact that i will never ever be turtled again:yaaay:. I wonder if im gonna become a turtle. Is that an accurate description of him?:vbang:

You use the ouroburos to move around since hazamas ground and air dash are terrible. As well as using the ouroburos to poke your opponent or get in close to start combos. That's basically hazama in a nut shell.

Lambda does her damage with her projectiles and is a true long range character. Hazama can poke from full screen, but he still needs to get close. He's really closer to hakumen, in that he takes his time and waits for a perfect moment to strike. Also, he's much weaker than Nu and Lambda.

There's a lot more to Hazama than spamming his Drive attacks. It just really annoys me when people say that. You need to master the speed of his normals and FC 236236B to even stand a chance with him at competitive play. If you use his drive incorrectly, any good player can easily jump over it and punish you.

You use the ouroburos to move around since hazamas ground and air dash are terrible. As well as using the ouroburos to poke your opponent or get in close to start combos. That's basically hazama in a nut shell.

no.

hazama's ouroboros is there to zone and move in yes, but it's also there to confuse/bait/waste clock. hazama's dash and airdash are not bad at all either, they serve their purpose completely.

@UnlimitedBlades: hazama can do w/e. he has all the right tools that makes him a completely solid character.

also jabaki is useful. you use it to keep people in check and push characters out of range to hit him. most of the time if they throw something at max range your 3c will more or less beat them out. by using it here and there they cannot try and mash because you're not obvious and have all the options in the world at that point.

True enough Jakabi is useful at maximizing your attacking range.

Oh, and about Hazama's dash/air dash being useless

You might want to think twice about that, although i have to agree his air dash is a bit useless in certain case but can easily get near opponent @ shorter range

And for the dash, i would say its one of the most useful dash ( can be cancel'ed to anything, and yes, even blocks )