Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Well, 214D attacks are great to use in your blockstrings. If you put them in with a bunch of frame traps, you can usually pull them off safely. They're all extremely slow in a sense, and easy to be CH out of it, so use them when you know your opponent well. I just like how you can condition your opponent with 214D stance. Example, for the first few times, keep using the C follow up. After you've conditioned them to block low when they see the stance, use the A followup. Simple, but it works, and your opponent will react on instinct if you condition them enough. (Classical Condition - Psychology 101, haha)

This is more improvisation, but I try to j.5D~D to them in the air. Hit them in the air with j.B, land and follow up with 5C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j.214B#. If they're relatively close to the ground, this will almost always work. And nets you a lot more heat/damage than just j.B > j.214B in the air.

i find 2b to be quite useful on oki as it's a low and gatlings into 5c which goes into more pressure on block or combo on hit. it's pretty speedy too and nobody expects it :D

2A and 2B are pretty good for oki. And if you're feeling particularly daring, chase a roll with dash 3C.

1. unless he's tager at which point it's fun times :V

It's super happy fun times if it's Tager. ~4k BnB with guaranteed oki, plus a bonafide corner loop. :V

What do you guys think about HAZAMIND GAMES?!

214d~b > rc > j.2c ftw. nobody sees it coming because it's SO RETARDED.

^ Why would you do that? :psyduck:

Moar retarded shenanigans: TK hirentotsu in an opponent's blockstring. You're off the ground so a low can't hit you, plus it's just hilarious to catch someone after the mile high ground bounce.

hm, pressure string > 214D~D 66B+C?

This isn't really fast enough to catch them COMPLETELY off guard (like a mist cancel throw), but you could probably pull it off at least once as a gimmick against someone.

Not really a mindgame, though.

I don't know guys. Seems like a lot of these mixup comments aren't very "serious". Like TK j.214B, and 214D~D. I'd say stick with frame traps using 2A and 5B. Throw in an occasional 214D~A or 214D~C for the element of surprise and some solid lows/highs. 3C's great too, just know when to use it.

tk j.214b isn't really a mix-up anyways. it's not an overhead, gets beaten out by quite a bit of things.

going into 214d stance is a decent pressure item with the right spacing. you can kinda scare them into not doing anything for a bit as if they try to poke you can react dp and you have multiple offensive options with a/c follow ups or just stance cancel into whatever. it's too slow to be solid though. a/c attacks can be beaten clean by lots of things, b is unsafe and d is slow ><;

but yeah best bet is 2a and 5b

ive been having trouble with this one thing for hazama for a bit.

his J6D after 623D (the point where it hits on the tip or near) to link it. i cant seem to pull it off unless its tager. yet ive seen videos of it hiting others chars besides tager without RCing. so im wonder is it just me being to slow or is there some kind of trick to it. fatal CH only or something?

Yeah, the combo is great, but the timing is strict enough, that it may not even be worth it online with the slightest lag. Ah well, time and patches will tell I guess.

Even on trade wih Tager's 5D (his powerfist) you still have enough time to follow up the Jayoku.

Wow... >_>;

sry for bring that up when its been post already. didnt feel like going thou 79 pages of hazama @.@

thanks for the link im new to dustloop as a member. o also another question. im having a strange time with hazama 214D C 66 crossup into the corner to 5B 2C then 623D back into the corner. some times it works for me and somethings i dont go behind him and have to improvise with something else. im wonder is there a certain limit on how to link it with combos?

you have to hit them when you're pretty much right next to them so when hazama ducks to dash they're above you at the top of the arc.. i guess is the best way to describe it.

For one, you have to do 214D~C close enough to dash under...Also, you have to do the full dash as early as possible once the 214D~C is done (When the opponent is at peak of air before falling towards you). Once you do the full dash (which you need to get the animation of going under), find the right timing in when to input 5B. You don't even have to input 5B that early. What I usually do for practice is that I input it as slowly as I can and then go faster until you find the sweetspot. Train your muscle memory from there on out.

It's pretty easy to do when the 214D~C comes after a Jayoku Houtenjin, you just have to do 214~C a little bit earlier, I think. Doing it from 3C, on the other hand, can be quite difficult. Try to follow Fireryda and Soriphen's advice and you should be fine.

Yeah, the method I explained is for 3C and I found that it works only on Ragna/Bang sized characters to smaller chars. I tried it on Haku for 3C and it doesn't work; same for Tager. From there on, you can do a 6D/4D, 4D and then a Jakou. It's actually quite easy once you get a hang of it and boy it feels great. Usually, it works when you do a close 5B to 3C. You don't have to be up in their face, but you still have to be close...there's a small distance in which you could do it.

Yeah, the method I explained is for 3C and I found that it works only on Ragna/Bang sized characters to smaller chars. I tried it on Haku for 3C and it doesn't work; same for Tager. From there on, you can do a 6D/4D, 4D and then a Jakou. It's actually quite easy once you get a hang of it and boy it feels great. Usually, it works when you do a close 5B to 3C. You don't have to be up in their face, but you still have to be close...there's a small distance in which you could do it.

Guess that's why I was dropping it sometimes today. Thanks for pointing that out.:yaaay:

ive been having trouble with this one thing for hazama for a bit.

his J6D after 623D (the point where it hits on the tip or near) to link it. i cant seem to pull it off unless its tager. yet ive seen videos of it hiting others chars besides tager without RCing. so im wonder is it just me being to slow or is there some kind of trick to it. fatal CH only or something?

+1 Someone has a tip for this? :D

I think we should do a FAQ or something, things like this are always brought up.

I managed to land this combo successfully by delaying Jakou a little bit. This way the opponent goes a bit higher before it actually brings them down. As kid viper and many others said, the chain must be extended to it's full limit, or something very close to that.

With this many pages on this topic, a faq is a very good idea.

It'll keep growing and same questions asked when the game will run on the psn.

For the j.6C the good think to do is for example :

5B 3C 214D->C 5C 2C 6DA 4D(A or not?) (delay) 623D j.6C 2C (...) right? Or 5B 2C is better?

generally don't do ~a cancel after a 4D chain.

also j.6c? you mean j.6d

and the follow up is

j.6d~d > (5c >) 2c > 4d~a > 4d~d >j.214b#

I think we should do a FAQ or something, things like this are always brought up.

I managed to land this combo successfully by delaying Jakou a little bit. This way the opponent goes a bit higher before it actually brings them down. As kid viper and many others said, the chain must be extended to it's full limit, or something very close to that.

That is the key thing everyone starting out Hazama's harder combos should note. You MUST learn to delay jakou a bit and not pull it off instantly after a 6D or 4D. Helps in giving that extra air boost. Should be put in faq if there ever is one.