Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Yeah but what I'm saying is that I don't quite understand the mechanics of the C followup because sometimes it places me in front of the opponent and others behind, I don't want to be using it unless I know what determines where I land...

And on an unrelated note, much love to the B follow-up for dodging projectiles, I did that today to my friend's Jin and the look on his face was priceless lol.

C followup stops you right at the tip of the snake head. So it really depends on where your chain latched on plus the hitbox of your opponent. Personally though, I wouldn't rely too much on it to crossup, specially on block.

B followup is the "oh shit get me off the ground" panic button. :V

B followup is wonderful in small doses imo, that parabolic movement is kinda handy :D

I see, I guess that's just another little thing I need to pay attention to then...

They deserve it for trying to full screen Shippu. You should go one step further and dodge it with 214D~A/B, for added trolling. Or command grab. :V

With a smile is the key to success. And when I said the C followup being used for crossups, I meant not in block, when you hit confirm. You could just go for the D instead, but C can be used if your opponent is close to the corner, and you want to try something with 623D and the corner followup.

any tips on landing jc into jc into jc into jc into jc.. and again, consistently? either i cross them up, jump too high, or just fall to the ground before the combo is finished... :psyduck:

not sure if this is the right thread..

You could ask that question in the FAQ...if it hasn't been answered.

But do you mean jump and C by "jc"?

If so then you don't.... have to jump every time... you know... >_>

It's j.c-c-c-c-c for the most part... then jump again and c-c-c-c-c.

If you mean like... jump cancel, then I don't know how to jc into jc into jc into jc... it's not even possible :/

Or am I not understanding your question here?

I know what he means; he's having difficulty connecting j.214B#. I had similar problems; I would either cross the opponent up or miss them altogether. Here are some things that I've observed:

- If you cross up your opponent, that means you started pressing C too early and started the j.214B# too low. Wait a little longer so you can be pulled a little higher.

- If your combo before the launch is too long, it will fail at some point.

- Don't be afraid to improvise. If you see that you messed up in your combo, resist the temptation to keep going and try to end it with something that you know will work, even if it means sacrificing damage.

- Practice, practice, practice. There are some characters that can be learned in one day (CT Hakumen and Tager), but Hazama isn't one of them. Just keep trying until you can nail your combos and setups every time.

Hazama can be learned in one day, at least BnB-wise. I still say his combos are the easiest in the game.

But good tips. \o/

What links into his Falling Fang overhead the best? (214D~A) I REALY wish 3C did but it doesn't. What's best to follow up with after you hit the overhead while doing blockstrings?

Falling Fang combos to 2A, but only on crouching/charged hit. If you hit him during a blockstring, odds are he blocked low so just go 2A > 5B > yadda yadda yadda.

Falling Fang combos to 2A, but only on crouching/charged hit. If you hit him during a blockstring, odds are he blocked low so just go 2A > 5B > yadda yadda yadda.

Sometimes I have problem connecting the 5B cause the falling fang pushed the ennemy too far. So I go for 2A 2B 3C cause the 2B have a longer hitbox if blocked low than 5B.

If counter hit with FF just go for 5B 3C, better proration.

@Fir > omg you sure? Holy god.

I find Ragna's combos easier than Hazama's though :psyduck:

I got the snake down though, it's funny how they walk into it with a counter >_>

People need to learn that the snake is not part of my body, hitting it won't do anything... lol

Ragna's definitely easier than Hazama in terms of combos, you still need to time 214d~c if you want to get charged hit, and delay 5c after it if you want to get a jakou instead of air combo or just get another 4d to hit.

I used to main Ragna back in CT and it has taken a toll on me switching to Hazama. They work so very different it's not even funny. Sometimes I think I can just do A>B>C>D and rush in. But when I see the snake come out instead I go like: "oh yeah..."

I got basically everything down for Hazama now, I don't see why people couldn't get his j.214B# it's pretty easy. The only problem I'm having is using 214D~C after I do this: 5B > 2B > 3C > ... :v:

It's like... you need to see what he's doing before you can input any commands... and for some reason that keeps failing on me, since I use 214D~C too late or too early that it doesn't even happen.

On a side note: Do the ~B follow up when using his drive close to your opponent... it throws them off... lol

Alright guys. Back to discuss a couple things. Hoping some of the regulars can help me out.

1. Online battles are hell for Hazama since the timing for every follow up has to be changed. Even the slightest Lag makes 10 j.C's nigh impossible. What I end up doing is getting used to the lag and adjusting my timing there. Do you think the excessive Lag is due to the game just coming out? Any more advice on what I should do about this?

2. My approach always tends to be j.6D~D > j.B > BnB. Then switching up the 214D~C to a 214D~A for mixup. I can destroy beginners and most intermediate players. But anyone decent knows to anti-air me when I approach them. I'm not flying in on blocked chains, I'm flying in on no chain contact. Any advice for approaches that don't involve the chain?

3. love Hazama and his gameplay, but I'm beginning to feel a bit repetitive. Everything I do is either a j.214B# or 623D > awesome corner combo. As much as I love his combos. I wish there was a bit more diversity. He feels more repetitive combo wise than most of the cast. If people manage to find any effective combo enders besides 623D and j.214B#, please submit them to the combo thread right away. In your own experience, do most characters feel this repetitive, or are Hazama's combo enders less diverse. I know he has a billion ways to get in on his opponent. But it's always hit up in the air, 4D, etc etc.

*I think I'm going to improve my skill and use the flashy combos on people to mix things up a bit and show off.*

@Eclipse

1- Yes it is man even the slightest big of lag hurts inputs. Hazama+lag= fail. Just try to adjust how much lag there is to try and win lol.

2- Since he doesnt really have a dash, his only way of getting in is via chain. If you wanna confuse maybe use a J.5D-B > J.6D-D(or C).

3- Yea its all pretty much the same combos with a lil variation in the corner or fatal hotenji. But It's fun to kinda mind f@@@ ur Op with his stuff. Good luck. Oh btw whats your guys win% looking at?

1. Play people close to your area I guess? Not really sure. Haven't had a chance to try online yet.

2. I usually condition people to think that I'll go for crossup when I fly in on no chain (as in, 5D~D, let it go and do nothing (Whee~), but hands on barrier just in case). Then I vary it with 5D~C to stop in front of them. IF I'M LUCKY, they're blocking the wrong way. Safest way is still to rely on normals and wait for knockdown though. There's usually going to be holes in a blockstring, so if you're patient enough, you can capitalize for big damage. Or at least get knockdown.

3. He has two BnBs, this is just how it is. If you're getting sick of them, it means you're doing it a lot, which means you have a shit ton of heat, which means feel free to be creative at that point. I remember throwing out a Jayoku after j.Cx5 > Land and then finishing it with mizuchi to kill. That was kinda fun. Or go for astral. :V