Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

It still throws me off how much heat he gains. I have a question though, how many people forget they have venom sword or jabaki I think it is called, unless they fudge hungry coils? I do not find myself using this move.

lol Eclipse. You don't have it as bad as me. 9/10 people I can't even do 4D~A 4D~D on because of lag. ~A registers too late on reaction and I have to hit 4D when the chain comes back else it won't re-fire :(

Also 2. You can dash.. His dash, while short, is useful because it cancels into EVERYTHING pretty much. Don't forget that 5c has huge range. Hell mix-up your chain entries. Throw your chain out so it lands infront of them and stop and bait their AA, Land > Jayoku.

Also +1 to what ari~ said. You have the heat, use it to make all sorts of crap work. Don't forget that Jayoku has 8 frames start-up (aka as fast as 5b). Do stuff like 214d~b (non-ch) > rc 6d~a > 623D > relaunch in corner for that heat back.

Also 236D. I don't use it much.. but it's a decent move in block-strings. Apart from that I don't use it because there isn't much reward off it when you have other options. Barely knocks back either unless it's CH.

lol Eclipse. You don't have it as bad as me. 9/10 people I can't even do 4D~A 4D~D on because of lag. ~A registers too late on reaction and I have to hit 4D when the chain comes back else it won't re-fire :(

Also 2. You can dash.. His dash, while short, is useful because it cancels into EVERYTHING pretty much. Don't forget that 5c has huge range. Hell mix-up your chain entries. Throw your chain out so it lands infront of them and stop and bait their AA, Land > Jayoku.

Also +1 to what ari~ said. You have the heat, use it to make all sorts of crap work. Don't forget that Jayoku has 8 frames start-up (aka as fast as 5b). Do stuff like 214d~b (non-ch) > rc 6d~a > 623D > relaunch in corner for that heat back.

Also 236D. I don't use it much.. but it's a decent move in block-strings. Apart from that I don't use it because there isn't much reward off it when you have other options. Barely knocks back either unless it's CH.

Same here, rofl. Mirror matches with lag are just plain silly... and retarded. I can't even charge 214D~C, it's like I have to rush all the BnBs for them to actually come out, ugh.

@Eclipse (3): How about throwing out Jayoku Houtenjis every time you land a hit (and have meter, obviously)? That would be fun. Also, use that Jakou > Rapid > 214D~C combo, even if it does less damage...

I abuse jabaki because I throw in 3C in my blockstrings like a retard. :psyduck:

Also, if he's going to die, I chiiiiiiiip him to death. \o/

There are some pretty cool combos in his challenge mode. I got many ideas while doing them, I even did more than what I was meant to do in some of them. But most of them end up with j.214B# or 632146C :/

I'm still stuck on his 9th challenge, for some reason I can't do the stupid 2B after 2D~D D: I'm not fast enough.

I probably have the most fun with Hazama against Lambda, it's so fun catching the other guy with mizuchi while hes trying to throw a wheel or launch swords up, I usually start matches with jabaki cuz it's pretty fast and good reach.

Challenge 9 took many tries for me, you basically have to hold down and mash D until you hit the ground then quickly hit B. There is hardly any margin for error so I gave up trying to time the chains.

I probably have the most fun with Hazama against Lambda, it's so fun catching the other guy with mizuchi while hes trying to throw a wheel or launch swords up, I usually start matches with jabaki cuz it's pretty fast and good reach.

Happens with Rachel players too.

People forget about the 2nd distortion.. :)

Good stuff cause it punishes so many things.

Lolololol I got it off 3 times on one Lambda and twice on a Tager doing charge and sledge, sadly against other characters, winning with Hazama gets tough.

Challenge 9 took many tries for me, you basically have to hold down and mash D until you hit the ground then quickly hit B. There is hardly any margin for error so I gave up trying to time the chains.

I actually had the timing down for this one but the combo is just retarded and not worth wasting time for so I stopped trying.

Hey guys, brand new to blazblue and I picked up Hazama, I thought of posting this in the beginner thread but since it was character specific I figure I could post a couple of my questions here.

1. I seem to be having a hard time jump canceling the j.214B#, i get them launched into the air with 5C but then one of three things typically happen I either get only 4 C's to land and then I fall to the ground too fast it seems, I get maybe 2-3 C's in and then go over the other character or in the event I get 5 C's I just seem incapable of jumping. Like I said I know I'm new and jump canceling is something I just need to learn, but I also play Ragna and have no trouble doing his aerial BnB that requires jump canceling. So, is there something different or unique to Hazama (like if I press C too many times it doesn't let me jump or something like that)?

2. I try for the BnB of [J.Cx5] then linking 2C into 4D~D to j.214B# but I always seem to roll into 214D instead of just going from 2C to 4D, i'm sure this is just a matter of practice but I figured maybe somebody had a tip that could help me along.

3. Finally what is your guys general strategy for getting in on someone, I assume most people use strategic D pokes until they hit or attempt to pull themselves in on a whiff? Also what do you do against heavy turtles, I've played a few who constantly low block whenever I try and get in, and his overhead 6A doesn't seem to combo into anything and if they see me go into 214D~A they just poke me right out of it.

1. You're just doing it at the wrong time. Jump cancel windows are after each hit. If you're going over them, you're doing your j.c's too late.

2. Best thing to do is practice but you could roll over to 3 or 6 then go to 4 so you don't get a complete 214 motion.

3. 6A > 236236B. Mix up with IAD j.2c > land > 3c and stuff like that. 5D~C always crosses up on hit if they don't move backwards unless it's tager, even if they're in the corner. Try to use that as j.b has to be blocked high you can force them block 5D~C > j.b ..

What would be the best 100% heat combo when out of the corner? Personaly, I find 236236B > 44 > 6D~A (or j8D~A) > 623D > 66 > 3C > 236236B > 214D~C > 5C > 2C > 4D~A > 4D~D > j214B# to be the easiest to execute and it actually does pretty nice damage. The only problem is that Jayoku whiffs sometimes after 3C when I'm facing a character such as Carl or Noel. Does it have anything to do with Jakou's height or should I just practice 236236B > 6D~A x3 > etc?

I remembered stating this since my main was originally Ragna in CT but Hazama is completely different, even his jump cancels. You gotta time right as opposed to Ragna, where you can mash the jump cancel and he will still do it. I mean, Hazama will do it too but that would drop off the j.214B# instantly... I basically remember that when I see Hazama going down with his j.C's that's where I have to cancel so he goes back up again with the second set of j.C's.

Apart from what Fireyda said, you can also do a fairly good approach without actually pocking the opponent. By now, you should know that the chain does not reach the entire game screen, there is a limit. If the opponent is way too far then you can do a 5D~D and cancel into a j.B but late instead of sooner. This will make you go all the way across the screen. The thing is getting the momentum down, and for me, it is really fun ^^

@Phoenix - I hate corner combos with Hazama... I really do ._.

@Phoenix - I hate corner combos with Hazama... I really do ._.

Really? They're my favourite combos with Hazama, lol. I just love doing them, maybe that's why it's so easy to me. They just come naturally.

Really? They're my favourite combos with Hazama, lol. I just love doing them, maybe that's why it's so easy to me. They just come naturally.

Actually, it's probably because I haven't checked them out yet. I'm just improvising on corners. The only thing I find easier to do is the j.214B# since the enemy is not flying all over the place. But now that you mention it. I'll see if I go to the combo thread and find some good corner combos to try out, I mean, I need to know what to do on corners after all... lol.

Actually, it's probably because I haven't checked them out yet. I'm just improvising on corners. The only thing I find easier to do is the j.214B# since the enemy is not flying all over the place. But now that you mention it. I'll see if I go to the combo thread and find some good corner combos to try out, I mean, I need to know what to do on corners after all... lol.

There are some pretty nice corner combos in that 10 min japanese tutorial, including the crossups with 5B and whatnot. It's worth watching.

I find its way easier to walk back a bit then 6D after jakoyu, as opposed to trying to time the links into and out of the backdash. You can easily hitconfirm the extra 6Ds based on the height of the opponent. Basically if it looks like the next 6D would hit them in the feet they will be able to tech so go right to jakou.

hey guys hope this hasn't been asked before so I dont repeat something but the topic is long so I'll get to the point

I want to know more about hazama's anti air options and what kinda attacks they generally beat out. I know the flip kick (214D~B) is good anti air and seems to work well against airdashes and stuff, but what other move(s) are good? I figure 5A, 5C, 2C, and maybe 5B are candidates but I'm not sure which to use. Any tips?

2C is head attribute incincible so its good, but comes out a bit slow so not a good reaction choice, and has a narrow hitbox. 5C has a nice hitbox and is quick. 5A also has a good hitbox and mashing it protects against crossups very well, but less damage opportunities than 5C so I use it as more of an emergency AA. 623D is great if you have a bit of distance, but you better not miss, best used on a retreating opponent as they will surely block normal chains. And of course, normal chains are great, 6D protects you against a lot. Just be ready to cancel them as soon as it looks like they will miss.

Hey There,

Street Fighter player, figuring I'll take a dip in the world of Aksys and try CS. Hazama is probably one of the most potentially creative character's [combo-wise] I've played in a game, and winning with him is pretty satisfying. Quick question.

How do you control Hazama's spacing? Not just the coils [though I still have problems between pressing A, and C/D] but like just outside his 2A or 5B Range? For me that seems to be my blindspot, where I can't coil, cause retracting shoots me too far up and my limbs aren't far enough to reach.

And when you're doing 236236B, does the more damaging method begin with dash forward or dash back.

I'm starting to adjust to the execution curve, because Capcombo's have spoiled me, lol.

My post was a few pages back. But thanks so much for the great help guys. Especially Fireryda and Arifureta. I've gotten used to the lag online, and I'm pretty consistent with j.214B#, but I still have trouble with 4D~A in the BnB. Only with lag of course. Also, I'll consider using his dash and normals more. I always have a fear I won't be in reach, and I'll get hit out/combo'd out of everything unless I approach with the chain. I guess I need to get over it, haha.

Lastly, thanks so much for the advice on mixing things up. I only get bored of the 3 BnB's while I'm facing my friends, since I win about 90% of the time against them and they complain about me using the same moves. Well, screw that, since I won't care about their opinions anymore. And adding some Jayoku's during the BnB's along with Mizuchi's will certainly help me mix things up a bit and show off my skill. Thanks again guys. Help's always appreciated.

SO far lag has only screwed me on the j.214b's after a 4D~A, 4D~D. if I skip the 4D~A I'll usually have no problem. It also screws me on 214D~C after Jayoku.. but I've managed to get it more often than not now that I've practiced a bit.

I dropped doing 214D~C after Jayoku, I've become addicted to the " adjust, 6D~A x3, 623D " setup that usually leads into 4-5k if I have the meter for it. For some reason it feels a lot more satisfying, haha.

^ It is a lot more satisfying Black Onslaught. But the 214D~C follow up builds more heat outside of the corner. And damn, getting 6D~A x 3 in an online match with lag is really difficult. I can get 6D~A > 623D consistently though. And my main strength online comes from retaliating in the corner with extremely high damage combos.

I've been fortunate not to deal with lag on my matches, I was surprised actually.

I fought a few ranked, and they went flawlessly.

It didn't even lag when I CH 3C -> Astral'd someone. It was beautiful.

And yeah, 214D~C does build your heat up a bit. That's what I like about Hazama, even after his most damaging Jayoku combo, at the end of it he pretty much has enough to do it again.

Oh but man, the Ragna v Hazama matchup is taking it's toll on me though, haha.