Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Personally. I don't use the 214D~C except during corner cross-up combos. I prefer to get back to full-screen chain zoning after a Jayoku.

I think 6D~A x3 > 623D builds ~15 heat? Isn't too shabby considering most combos end in a DD.

You can just combine best of both worlds with 4D~Ax3 > j.214B# though :keke:

After if you have more meter you can dash 3C super or just add dash 3C

How do you control Hazama's spacing? Not just the coils [though I still have problems between pressing A, and C/D] but like just outside his 2A or 5B Range? For me that seems to be my blindspot, where I can't coil, cause retracting shoots me too far up and my limbs aren't far enough to reach.

It is indeed a bad distance for him. 3C is bit longer than the rest so it has some poke uses. 236D can help too if the other guy knows you cant do much and is used to outpoke you. Or simply backjump > 4/6D.

Your main goal is to get closer (214D~A, pretty dangerous to use outside of pressure against good poke chars; simply forward dash after blocking a string), or gtfo to your beloved chain range.

Best way to get out of corner pressure? What's the best way to get out of blockstrings? I was thinking 5B or 2A or something, but I have no idea what I can do that's safe when I get stuck in a corner against a good Ragna or Litchi or Bang... HALP

2A - Your best bet for interrupting on the ground as far as normals are concerned. It's quick and it's got decent range for an A.

2C - If your opponent's blockstrings involve him jumping and trying to catch you off guard, then you can try for 2C. It has some head-attribute invulnerability, and though (in my experience) you'll probably trade more often than not, it'll at least get them off of you.

214D~B - I don't recommend this most of the time, but it is an option. Only use it when you know the gap between attacks is large enough. For reference, it's similar to Jin's 623B. The required 214D means that no matter how quickly you press B to follow up, there will always be that small window where your opponent can knock you out of it for a counter.

IB for heat > Houtenjin - Honestly, this is your best bet. Houtenjin is easily Hazama's best reversal, and if your opponents are getting you into relentless blockstrings, you shouldn't have a hard time getting enough heat from IBing. Of course, if you already have 50 heat, then just use Houtenjin when you have an opening (just watch for baiting).

Yeah I meant to specify reversals without heat. Sorry about that.

But yeah I'll try to work with 2A and 2C they sound best. I've tried 214D~B before but like you said it just takes too long to come out. Same with Venom Sword...

Personally, Ghost Beef, which works best for me online thus far... specifically against tenacious Ragna's is jumping out of the pressure, and hitting them with a j.B then comboing it into a corner combo for over 3K damage and at least 50 heat. Works more often than not, just watch out for air unblockables, and keep that barrier ready.

Fireryda and Ouroboros, thanks for the help. I think one of the main problems with my j.214B# was that I was specifically trying to time just the 5 j.C's as 5 quick presses, I've now started to just mash j.C as soon as I start the combo and it seems to work almost every time. Also in regards to landing 2C into 4D~A 4D~D I've found that going from 2C to 7D actually works wonders for me, it allows me to miss the 1D entirely and since it is a cancel it either comes out if done properly or hazama just executes a jump if the timing is off, figure I should post that in case it helps anybody else.

I'm not exactly sure if this would be gameplay related, but I wanted to ask anyone and everyone a question here on dustloop forums. Specifically for Hazama though. When playing online, player/ranked, anything, does anyone notice almost every match seems to have lag now?

I'm not sure if the BB servers are going downhill, or if it was always like this, even in CT, but Hazama's timing is stricter than most characters, and this makes me notice the slightest lag more. Basically, I want to know if it's all in my head, or if the servers will be patched, and they'll get better. I'm praying for the latter, so I don't have to change the timing of all of my attacks when online.

Nope.

I only get lag when playing anybody 1 bar or less. 2 bars and i can do his combos but they're a bit strict. 3 bars i can do them perfectly almost like offline.

but i haven't played in .. since the day BBCS released in US so yeah.

definately a temporary thing.

probably is a server over-load because i noticed heaps of lag after matches when it tries to upload results to server.

There's only one person I can play without lag at the moment, so yeah... you guys really shouldn't be complaining :yaaay:

Just kidding. I'm pretty sure Aksys has said something about boosting up the ranked match speed when Makoto comes out. Also, waiting for the intro helps with sync. It really pisses me off that every damn person I face online skips it.

I can't say for sure because my timing is far from perfect but there definitely seems to be lag in almost every match I play. Sometimes it's super noticeable, as in during j.214B# you'll actually see hazama throwing out his knife at a much slower pace (which usually results in me dropping the second set) and other times it just feels like the game speed or something is just a tiny bit behind and I either drop things I normally never do or most of the time the opponent seems to be able to tech earlier than they should be which causes me to drop combos, I have to play a lot harder online than I do when I just play some offline casuals due to all my dropped combos.

I played a few matches in Ranked this morning and only had maybe a second of...something (the screen became darker and everything froze) in one match. Other than that, I've been able to pull off BnBs and Jayoku as easily as I do offline.

Sorry if this was already found, but i was practicing mix ups with hazama in training (eww mix ups with hazama, garbage i know) but i found something pretty useful, if you RC the j214B# and do J.6D~D NEAR the corner (About 3/4 screen to the corner) if they tech roll backwards (really bad habit of most players) you should be on the other side of them and get a free cross up if their reactions are fast enough. If the don't tech roll backwards or neutral wake up you should be far enough to just being the zoning game again. With hazama's fast meter build the RC should mostly be free anyways.

Also since hazama has a shit ton of meter most of the time anybody else know how to use RC effectively for pressure or mix ups?

Dunno if everyone already knows this, but I figure I might as well post this just in case.

Against Rachel, Taokaka, Tager, and (most likely) Hakumen, if you use 623D when you're in the corner, you can hit them up with 5C and buffer 236236B or just use 236236B by itself. Not only are both easier than 3C>236236B, but there's very little damage difference between them, maybe 100 or 200.

I'm not exactly sure if this would be gameplay related, but I wanted to ask anyone and everyone a question here on dustloop forums. Specifically for Hazama though. When playing online, player/ranked, anything, does anyone notice almost every match seems to have lag now?

I'm not sure if the BB servers are going downhill, or if it was always like this, even in CT, but Hazama's timing is stricter than most characters, and this makes me notice the slightest lag more. Basically, I want to know if it's all in my head, or if the servers will be patched, and they'll get better. I'm praying for the latter, so I don't have to change the timing of all of my attacks when online.

I've run into lag on even the occasionally rare 3 connection. But its very slight then. Im a little sensative to lag in the first place becuase I tend to play things really close, so sometimes fluxuations during the match throw me off as well.

Anything ive thrown out after 6D~D has to be retimed in my case and I have had hell getting out of pressure becuase IB'ing online right now is a serious pain.

Got to play online today. \o/

Yep, there's lag. Pretty horrible lag compared to offline, but it's nothing a little mashing won't solve.

On the other hand, might want to hold off on IB > Jayoku until things get patched.

^So, you're confirming a patch then? I hope so at least. My dualshock controller just broke from too many Jayoku Inputs, any advice for a reliable PS3 controller that'll last me at least a year?

^So, you're confirming a patch then? I hope so at least. My dualshock controller just broke from too many Jayoku Inputs, any advice for a reliable PS3 controller that'll last me at least a year?

A PS2 controller. Just get a PS2 to PS3 Converter. Cheaper than buying another Six-axis or Dual shock.

I'm hoping there's a patch. They did say they'd look into the problem when they release Makoto. Still might not happen though. ;_;

PS2 controller's not a bad solution, although if you play with the analog then the PS2's isn't as good.

Well, they patched CT's online. If people are having trouble with CS, I'm sure they'll patch it eventually as well (whether it'll actually help or not is yet unknown).

Sorry if this was already found, but i was practicing mix ups with hazama in training (eww mix ups with hazama, garbage i know) but i found something pretty useful, if you RC the j214B# and do J.6D~D NEAR the corner (About 3/4 screen to the corner) if they tech roll backwards (really bad habit of most players) you should be on the other side of them and get a free cross up if their reactions are fast enough. If the don't tech roll backwards or neutral wake up you should be far enough to just being the zoning game again. With hazama's fast meter build the RC should mostly be free anyways.

Also since hazama has a shit ton of meter most of the time anybody else know how to use RC effectively for pressure or mix ups?

Save RC for when Jayoku gets stuffed. :V

Also, don't waste RC on something that might happen. If you really want the damage, go for grab instead of the second set of j.C. Or j.214B after the first set of j.C, then RC > 44 > 4D~D > 2C > j.214B# if you really want to spend the heat.