Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

any tips for getting 214214b j9d 623d into j6d relaunch? i can catch them with the 623d but most of the time they aren't in the right position for relaunch & the j6d chain whiffs

I had the same problem doing 5B 3C 214DC 6D 4D 623D, etc...

The basic idea is you want to hit them with j9d as high up as you can so that the very very tip of 623D just barely grazes them. This way, when you recover from 623D, the opponent is higher up in the air than if you were ot hit with a "deep" 623D, giving you more leeway to do j.6D

Hope that helps! :kitty:

edit: You may also want to wait a second to cancel the j9d after it connects as when you hit with chains theres usually a small delay before the character "pops up" a second. That should help with hitting the timing on 623D

option select a houtenjin to beat forward rolls.. i thought everyone did this?

Any tips on this? I tried it about 6 times against a friend of mine and it was blocked every time. I was under the impression that it just hit them out of the recovery of forward rolls but, it seems that if they block it doesn't work. Am I doing the option select with the wrong motion? 214214+A+B ? Or is it a timing thing?

anyone else have a horrible problem with unintended dashes when you jayoku? it only started happening after i got my stick. really annoying when you do 214D~C > Jayoku and whiff the distortion because you dashed under the opponent.

No. It's because Jayoku moves you foward. Since you do 214D~C and the opponent is high, the movement of Jayoku makes you go under. Either delay the Jayoku or just don't do it after a 214D~C

anyone else have a horrible problem with unintended dashes when you jayoku? it only started happening after i got my stick. really annoying when you do 214D~C > Jayoku and whiff the distortion because you dashed under the opponent.

I never get a dash but sometimes if you land 214D~C too deep you can definitely go under the person. Shit happens all the time to me against Lambda and Mu.

Well, if you input the command a certain way/at a certain speed, you will get a dash out before the super. I've done the same thing with other characters with a 236236 motion (like with Lambda). Still, it's best to connect Jayoku after 3C. That way, you know it'll work.

any tips for getting 214214b j9d 623d into j6d relaunch? i can catch them with the 623d but most of the time they aren't in the right position for relaunch & the j6d chain whiffs

houtenjin > backstep > j9d > jakou

or

houtenjin > jump forward > airdash back > j9d > jakou

whatever is easier for you

I've been landing CHs' on TK'd 214B lately alot on my friend as an AA and I noticed that it bounces on CH, is there any viable followups without RC'ing? or is the recovery too long?

I don't really see why that move isn't an overhead... it looks like one, you'd think it's one... but it's not D:

tech roll foward past you. buffer 2142142B. you either get a low/ 2b to pick them off the ground or houtenjin if they roll past you. something like that.

So uhh.... what would you guys say the best thing is to do whenever you get turned around backwards between j.5C > j.5C's???

I love it... I'm not talking about whenever you simply cross over or under the other person, I mean when you randomly get aimed the wrong direction between attacks for seemingly no reason... If you do the j.214B you'll whiff... So just don't bother with it and call it a dropped combo? What do you guys do in this position O_o

I usually go for the j.214B at the end anyways. And surprisingly enough to my opponent, myself, and all lifeforms in the universe, it hits. Sometimes it hits even when you're facing the wrong direction anyways. You can always try to reset them into 4D~A's as well. And it's not for no reason. It happens to me sometimes too. It's because we accidentally positioned ourselves wrong for the subsequent j.C's.

Okay, so I'm not amazing at his game and I have been playing for about a month. I'm running into to trouble getting caught in the corner. I hold back to block and even hitting the barrier to push back. But characters like RAWRGna just keeps it coming. Teching out just gets me caught and staying down gets me combo'd. I have read IB + jayoku can reversal but how do I learn that? How do I stop the corner pressure?

barrier is very strong in this game.. if you barrier and block an entire block string then 90% of the time they will have to do something risky to get back in because of barrier pushback, which is where you punish them/jump out. learn what you can punish on block (ie 2d, 214b, 5d for ragna) and learn when you should keep blocking instead of opting to jump out

^What Seifuuku said

If they do a Hell's Fang they're at -4 on block (if you IB, -8). Gauntlet Hades is -11 (-9 if they TK it). Which leaves you with lots of frames to get out (for example, by spamming 2DDDDD) or punishing.

Hell's Fang and Gauntlet Hades can be punished with a 214D~B if you see it coming into a sweet corner combo, with meter you can go for a Fatal CH 236236B.

The way you learn IB into Houtenjin is by practicing, a lot. Record common blockstrings and practice.

^What SeifuukuThe way you learn IB into Houtenjin is by practicing, a lot. Record common blockstrings and practice.

This.

I think that in the next installment of BB (if any?), they should introduce a guard stun indicator of some sort in training mode. It would definitely help in studying what we can and cannot punish.

So, should I just not use Mizuchi Rekkazan, even in a redbeat combo when Jin has Meter?

I landed it on a Jin online one match, and after the final snake strike of it my opponent managed to use Ice Fang/The Ice Wave DD and I could swear it hit me in my recovery frames, and I couldn't block it at all, lost me the match..

*-9, IB is +5 frames on the ground and +10 in the air prime-bro.

lol whoops. Don't know where I got those numbers from. I'll use "it was late and I was tired" as an excuse :v:

Thanks for the correction.

You could IB everything if you practice :D. You can then mash something out since they poking less from your 50% meter of blocking skills :D.

Just curious, does hazama ever become boring for any of you? I wish there was more to him but after like 10 matches I get pretty bored.