Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Alright, so I'm trying to do this combo on Tager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-VDg_PiZhA#t=4m12s

At 4:12, why can't I get the OTG chain?

Am I doing something wrong, is there some kind of special trick in jumping or something? I can't seem to get the OTG chain for the life of me after the 623D. What could I possibly be doing wrong? I even practice just trying to jump as low as I can with the chain, but in the video he still jumps rather high and can still get the OTG chain off.

Help?

You want to wait a tick before comboing into 623D. You want them to be as high (vertically) as possible before it connects so that when you recover they're higher up in the air (and therefore can't ground tech)

You want to wait a tick before comboing into 623D. You want them to be as high (vertically) as possible before it connects so that when you recover they're higher up in the air (and therefore can't ground tech)

Are you sure about this?

Trying again, and once again I can't seem to get this combo for the life of me, even with this bit of info.

Can anyone please tell me the trick behind in on how exactly do I get the relaunch? I try doing it as fast as I can, I do it as slow as I can. I jump forward, back, straight up when doing the chain for the OTG, nothing. Does the screen need to zoom out more? Or stay zoomed in? Even playing the video back to back on how I'm doing the combo, it's all synced up just fine. What am I doing wrong? :(

Red Chain needs to hit at the tip of it's hitbox but the red chain needs to not be closed. That's the simplest explanation but you really need to get a feel for it. Sorry I can't help more but Hazama you need to show how to do certain combos rather than explain.

edit: For example. On Tager and Tao, do neutral/forward throw -> 6DA 6dA. Then delay the 623D a little bit and try to do 96D. It should combo. That's probably the easiest relaunch combo so if you get that, try the others.

Also note that the way it hits on Tager and Tao vs. others: Tager and Tao it hits like.. inside their bodies. When relaunching off other situations ( like command throw or 214DC ), the red chain usually hits like.. behind them at the tip.

about capitalizing off of CH 214D~B FC, if you've got heat to spare ( of course you do, you're playing fucking Hazama )

you can do 214D~B (FC ) > 6DA > 6DA > 623D > RC > j.6D~D > 5C > 4DA > 4D > j.214b#

does about 4.3k and you get back 42 meter, and should work on all characters yo.

you can do 214D~B (FC ) > 6DA > 6DA > 623D > RC > j.6D~D > 5C > 4DA > 4D > j.214b#

I'd just like to say that this is a fine combo and should be used if the situation presents itself. However, i'd like to post some alternate combos that either gain more meter / do more damage:

214DB FC > 6DA ( up to 3 times, depends on character ) > 623D RC > 9 j6D > 5C > 4DA 4DA 4DD > jC(10) 214B - 4618 damage, 47% meter gain

214DB FC > 6DA ( up to 3 times, depends on character ) > 623D -> 66 3C Hotenjin > 66 214DC(2) > 5C(2) 2C > 4DA 4DD > jC(10) j214B - 5495 damage, 54% meter gain

If near corner: 214DB FC > 66 Hotenjin > 66 214DC(2) > 66 5B 2C > 4DA 4DA > 623D > 2B 5C(2) 2C > 4DA 4DD > jC(10) j214B - 5024 damage, 52% meter gain

I suggest people should always try for 66 3C Hotenjin over 623D RC combos for the higher damage and meter gain but you need to learn the different timings of how many 6Ds, how to delay them, how to delay the 623D and etc. People should get a feel if you could be able to do a 66 3C Hotenjin after a 623D and if you realize you can't, hit confirm into RC 9 j6D.

Played around for a little bit, thought this might be of use.

Backthrow > 5DD > j.C(1/2) > dj.C (5) > 2C 4DD > j.C(10) 214B - 2900~ damage, 42 meter gain. Might be able to add in a 4DA but I have no success.

I found this to be easier than the other combo listed in the combo thread. The other one gives a bit more damage like 50 to 100 but you gain 5 more meter for this combo. I recommend this over the other one if you cannot land 2 hits from the j.C. Good for helping you get closer to that 50 meter for mind games. Should be able to work on everyone if the 5D connects. Had a hard with Ragna and I think Noel, but its possible. Didn't get the timing down for them.

Edit: Little question, is there a reason why people do 5C(1) 2C in their BnB when you can do 5C(2) 2C?

Backthrow > 5DD > j.C(1/2) > dj.C (5) > 2C 4DD > j.C(10) 214B - 2900~ damage, 42 meter gain. Might be able to add in a 4DA but I have no success.

Edit: Little question, is there a reason why people do 5C(1) 2C in their BnB when you can do 5C(2) 2C?

This is probably the best backthrow combo besides relaunch specific ones and Hotenjin ones for damage:meter gain ratio.

There is no reason to do 5C 1 hit over 5C 2 hits. Anyone who does it is doing the wrong combo.

Fools can't Dash Cancel into 5C(2).

*one of those fools*

3C > 214D~A

Is this character specific at all? Does it link correctly on everyone? I know it's not optimal, but at times when I fail to hit confirm and I'm going for the overhead, 3C will hit them and 214D~A whiffs. But I've had it combo before. Any info about this?

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT_ix6q_36Q#t=8m40s

Can be seen in this vid against Ragna. Buppa's extremely far away from him when it connects though. Do you have to be at midrange for it to work?

You can be at any range for it to work, you just have to do it immediately after the 3C. Also it only works on some characters. Off the top of my head I wanna say Ragna, Rachel, Tager and maybe Tao. Maybe a few more.

You can be at any range for it to work, you just have to do it immediately after the 3C. Also it only works on some characters. Off the top of my head I wanna say Ragna, Rachel, Tager and maybe Tao. Maybe a few more.

I consider it a tactic to be used more often. Its been working for ME anyway. :thumbu: