Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

I could see its having its uses against players that try to bait the Jayakou, and/or you're near death or something.

At what time is the CA, so I can look out for it?

why would you not counter assault when under pressure i.e. litchi trying to pressure you in corner? :/

somewhat agreed. if a guaranteed punish, ib jyayoku is a more rewarding option, but there are a lot of times it's not guaranteed.

i'd imagine you understand all this, but for the purposes of the people reading this, i'll list them:

1. when the enemy will not be at enough frame disadvantage for a guaranteed punish after IBing their attack(i.e. they could simply not do anything and block an ib jyayoku)

2. when the enemy has 50 meter; it's too easy to RC during screen freeze as a counter to jyayoku counterattacks

3. when the enemy has done a jcable attack; i'd have to test this but i'm pretty sure they can simply JC during screen freeze and block.

4. if the enemy can cancel their attack into an attack with invincibility(this is particularly bad vs tager).

the reason counterassault is so much better than ib jyayoku in these situations is purely because of the screen freeze. if the opponent even dimly expects a jyayoku, under any of the 4 above conditions(and probably more) it's easy to counter IB jyayoku. for the most part, if the enemy has 50+ meter, in order for IB jyayoku to work they have to have started another attack by the time you activate the super. a CA, on the other hand, pretty much has to be expected and a counter must be executed before they can see it.

Also, rapid cancel trolling. :V

Or at least to me it looks like he's trolling. Like, why would you waste 100 heat on a command grab combo.

i didn't bother looking at whatever combo you're talking about, but 5000 damage is a respectable amount off of a command grab. and if it's going to kill, it's worth the meter.

I've noticed that a lot of people tend to overlook 236D, even I myself am guilty of never using it...

The truth is, it's never going to do much on hit... But it's a good ending since it's quick and pushes you away from the opponent if they manage to block it. I still cross my fingers and hope that some day 236D (Jabaki) is somehow able to be incorporated into a combo.

jyabaki is the starter to some of hazama's strongest combos in the corner, and does decent damage midscreen(although you need to 50 meter to combo from it midscreen). they've been posted in these forums before, but just in case they're hard to find, i'll mention the start of the combos and hope you can figure it out from there:

[corner] CH jyabaki>5b/5c/236236b>...

[midscreen] CH jyabaki>rc>5d>...

Is there any use for 6B? I don't think I've ever used it intentionally (though input fail on Jayoku has led to many punishes :psyduck:) since I don't see what's the point, but maybe I'm missing something?

well, if nothing else, it looks very different from the usual lows, so there's a possible element of surprise in it. it would be better if the startup looked more similar to 6a. other than that, not too useful as generally when you can chain 6b you can also chain 3c or 2b, but it also breaks primer.

and not to anyone in partiuclar, but as to the ressenga stuff, buppa's videos show that you can't really count it out as part of hazama's mixup simply because it's technically reactable.

So I'm having a couple issues with a few of HZ's chain combos here. Is there some trick to connecting multiple chains during combos/on airborne opponents? Let's assume I'm doing 3Ds, I'll do 3D>A>3D and then if that even connects it won' work again after that.

Even after the BnB sometimes the second 4D will connect and other times it won't.

I could also use some help with getting the 2B > 5C to launch an opponent. Does that require precise spacing or how exactly does it work? I don't like having to combo into Jabaki, lol.

So I'm having a couple issues with a few of HZ's chain combos here. Is there some trick to connecting multiple chains during combos/on airborne opponents? Let's assume I'm doing 3Ds, I'll do 3D>A>3D and then if that even connects it won' work again after that.

Even after the BnB sometimes the second 4D will connect and other times it won't.

I could also use some help with getting the 2B > 5C to launch an opponent. Does that require precise spacing or how exactly does it work? I don't like having to combo into Jabaki, lol.

many of hazama's chain combos require precise spacing to get off 3 chains. also, a lot of times there's just too much proration to get 3 off.

if you're having problems with it even after the bnb, it's most likely just that you need to practice. if you added in extra moves during the bnb, then it might not work.

generally, you dash forward before doing 2b. that's pretty much all there is to it, but the timing may take a bit of practice. it's not particularly spacing specific, but you'll generally only want to do it when you're not in range to hit with 214d~c, and depending on spacing and character you can combo the 5c into jc>j.c, 2c>4d, or 4d directly.

Yeah, I mostly wanted to practice the 2Bs for corner Jakou followups. Also didn't realize the chain combos were proration specific. Been a while since I played BB. This character is surprisingly challenging to play; makes things fun :)

Thanks.

At what time is the CA, so I can look out for it?

It's around 5:20. Jin also does his in the same round.

i didn't bother looking at whatever combo you're talking about, but 5000 damage is a respectable amount off of a command grab. and if it's going to kill, it's worth the meter.

Ah, yeah, but it was like 2k, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have killed him though it would have been close if he didn't drop it.

Lately, I've been watching a lot of Buppa videos. And I noticed he Rapid Cancels Jakou into J.6D quite a bit. I've started testing it, and for some reason I really like the feel of that combo. You can usually get around 3500-4000 damage off of it. I wish there was a more practical use for it, since it seems like it's better to save it for Jayoku. Nonetheless, I've seen it used effectively near the end of a battle, and you don't even have to RC on Tager.

I dunno if it's been brought up in this thread yet, but does anyone know if it's possible to RC the chain pull of Mizuchi Rekkazan and combo into it? Not that it would be a good use of meter, but rather if it's just a possibility.

5D hits but I don't know if it combos into the BnB since I've only done it when I distortion finish with the mizuchi.

I dunno if it's been brought up in this thread yet, but does anyone know if it's possible to RC the chain pull of Mizuchi Rekkazan and combo into it? Not that it would be a good use of meter, but rather if it's just a possibility.

Use the search function next time, but here it is:

sort of funny combo. might prove useful at some point in your life. sorry if it's been mentioned before.

(corner)

mizuchi rekkazan>rc during pullback>backdash>4/6dx2>jyakou>2b>5c>jc>j.cx5>2c>4d~d>j.cx10>j.214b (~4.1k)

the backdash isn't needed, but it helps. mizuchi rekkazan itself does about 2300, so this is a substantial damage increase. style points?

Boy, there is an exceedingly tiny window to input dash > zaneiga or dash > 2Bs after 3C. Still having trouble landing that as well as landing Jyakou > Mizuchi Rekkazan, but everything else is golden :)

Boy, there is an exceedingly tiny window to input dash > zaneiga or dash > 2Bs after 3C. Still having trouble landing that as well as landing Jyakou > Mizuchi Rekkazan, but everything else is golden :)

Isn't it supposed to be:

3C, zaneiga, dash, 5C?

Is it? I know that I've connected dash > 2B into 5C before, but the timing is ridiculously strict (not so much off counterhits)... the Zaneiga > dash > 5C makes a lot more sense though, lol. I'll mess around with that some now.

I'm planning to try Hazama, when Blazblue CS comes out, does anyone know where to find some really good Hazama videos?

^ TRUTH

The most recent GC tournament has epic Buzama videos if you wanted to know where to start watching MIRACLEfool. :V

Sorry guys for the lack of updates on the video thread.

The bar exam was such a hassle but it's over now. I'll update it more often now.

The most recent GC tournament has epic Buzama videos if you wanted to know where to start watching MIRACLEfool. :V

thanks