Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

no.

hazama's ouroboros is there to zone and move in yes, but it's also there to confuse/bait/waste clock. hazama's dash and airdash are not bad at all either, they serve their purpose completely.

@UnlimitedBlades: hazama can do w/e. he has all the right tools that makes him a completely solid character.

also jabaki is useful. you use it to keep people in check and push characters out of range to hit him. most of the time if they throw something at max range your 3c will more or less beat them out. by using it here and there they cannot try and mash because you're not obvious and have all the options in the world at that point.

You could use Jabaki, but you may as well just throw a chain out for roughly the same effect. :\

Jabaki is pretty much useless.

in jabaki range chains are useless.

they give no hit-stun at all and it takes longer to recover. even on CH you won't get much off it unlike jabaki which on CH you have knock-away and even on block its slightly in your advantage.

Yeah, Jabaki (Venom Sword) has good frame advantage on block. And does a little chip damage. Also, if you want to get someone who's pressuring you out of your face, you may be able to CH them away. Rare scenario, but it has it's uses. Mostly useless, but not completely awful. I'll probably use it about once every 8-10 rounds, haha. The only practical application I'll use would be for a pressure ender.

Is chip damage even a big thing?

Apart from Ragna I don't see any other characters doing any noticable damage with chip.

It isn't. Just a little tidbit that's nice to have once in a while. It's still worthy of mention in my opinion.

Oh wow, I never noticed Buzama's pressure was all 2A > 5B.

And now that I look at Zakiyama's, his pressure's the same.

Oh man, I've been playing him wrong this entire time. :psyduck:

I see, yeah, adding the 5B can help a lot. Creates more a frame trap, and if you hit them with it. Perfect BnB. Without reduced damage, like 214D~A and 2A.

Yeah, I'm still in the habit of using 3C in blockstrings. It's okay as long as you follow it up with 236D (Venom Sword) I believe. I hate when people knock me out of my 214D~C/214D~A though. And I wonder why they always manage to hit me out of it. Any advice?

Yeah, but then I forget to. :psyduck:

214D~A's pretty pokable/reactionable. If your opponent's kinda expecting it then you'll totally get hit. And if he IB's it, prepare to block since you're at a complete disadvantage there.

Okay. I'll try to out predict my opponent then. Something I've always loved to do. It's just hard to do at such an extremely fast pace. I have to keep up with the buttons and links, haha. I'm sure I'll master it sooner or later though.

By the way, my worst matchups thus far are definitely Hakumen and Litchi. No one else really gives me problems. Anyone else feel my pain?

Nothing's more satisfying than a 214D~C hit in the middle of a blockstring. It's like, hell yes, I'm doing some ghetto yomi. :V

I do not enjoy fighting against Litchi. Like, ever.

What would you guys say is the safest approach on a chain hit? Specifically against Tager.

It seems like half the time I land a chain hit I'm open during one specific part. Here's how it usually goes, assuming we're both on the ground..

I do:

5D~D, j.B, land, 5B, 2B, 3C, BnB combo.

Or I do this after a chain hit (usually in air) j.2C, land straight to 3C. This one is usually safer.

The problem is that the j.2C is pretty specific on when it won't whiff while you're zooming over to them.

Score attack Tager hits with me GTB at least half the time I do the first combo. And he always lands it right as I'm going for the 3C. Is there a safer way to ensure I'm not opening myself up there? maybe some 5A's or 2A's somewhere?

HALP D:

Don't pull yourself in on a blocked chain. You can do it every now and again to screw with people, but it's very, very easy to hit you out of.

Another option is to tether the chain in front of the opponent such that you have recovered by the time you arrive at their face.

I'm not talking about a blocked one. I said a chain hit meaning I made unblocked contact, and yet I still open myself up somewhere down the line. (no pun intended)

Oh, in that case... practice?

Edit: Wait, I read more closely. 2B does not combo into 3C, just go straight from 5B to 3C.

5d~d > j.2c > 5b since j.2c has MASSIVE hit stun.

5d~d >j.b > 5b won't link at the 5b part if you hit the j.b too early (like at the tip of his foot) and then you land try to 5b and get bs cpu GETB countered.

if you do want to use j.b

5d~c > j.b > ..

but apart from that, practice. you'll eventually get a hang of the distances. I've never missed a 5d~d > j.2c. j.6d~d > j.2c > (whatever) on the other hand...

Yeah I've noticed that j.2C is definitely the best option... the problem is that at times it's not even possible to land a hit with it. And that's where I'm having trouble.

So I should just try j.B, land, 5B, 3C?

j.B is safest aside from j.2C right?

it's always possible off a chain hit against them on the ground with D follow up. it just depends on your angle on whether you can follow it up with a ground combo (like if you hit the top of tager's hitbox with a j.6d from max range and you do a ~d follow up instead of ~c so you hit him with j.2c and go flying past him >.>). afaik it doesn't connect off full distance 5d~c

j.b is better to use than j.2c as it gives more damage? and more heat but if you mistime it and miss the j.b land 5b link the cpu does bs stuff.

if you hit them with a chain then you should be pretty safe anyways.

You guys are some smart COOKIES!

The 2B was my problem. I can't believe how much time is between that and 3C. I swear it looks like it links fine, but nope. Just did 2 sparring matches with Hell Tager and just did j.B, 5B, 3C, and it worked every time.

Of course he's still an I frame abusing little whoar. But I won't expect that as much from players. 2 more weeks!

Haha, yeah, without 2B, you should never really have a problem. If you mistime the j.B to 5B on the ground, you'll most likely end up with a CH from the 5B, which results in more damage and a longer combo. So it works out anyways. That's if your opponent is trying to mash out though, which computers often tend to do. I used to always use j.2C > 3C. But now I always use j.B > 5B. I wonder if one's really better than the other. I think the damage is so close to the same, that it's ultimately a matter of preference.