Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

I'm hoping there's a patch. They did say they'd look into the problem when they release Makoto. Still might not happen though. ;_;

PS2 controller's not a bad solution, although if you play with the analog then the PS2's isn't as good.

I don't play with the analog, but I like the way PS3 controllers feel much better. More money, yeah, but hopefully it won't break this time. The last one I had lasted me a good 6-7 months I guess. I really need to get used to the feel of online play vs. local play. Facing score attack computers, and improvising more, since in a high speed match, you really need to react quickly based on hit confirm.

Some really epic stuff went down earlier today and I was wondering if this little glitch had occurred to anyone else but me.

I was playing my friend's Hakumen and I threw out a 632146C (because he's still not used to playing against Hazama and it catches him off guard a lot), he somehow slashes it with his sword (making that orb appear) but Hazama continued to throw out Ouroboros which promptly went straight through Hakumen. He then IAD'd over to me but once he went past his orb Hazama yanked him over out of nowhere, finished the special, and killed him.

Needless to say I was torn between gaping and laughing my ass off... Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I don't play with the analog, but I like the way PS3 controllers feel much better. More money, yeah, but hopefully it won't break this time. The last one I had lasted me a good 6-7 months I guess. I really need to get used to the feel of online play vs. local play. Facing score attack computers, and improvising more, since in a high speed match, you really need to react quickly based on hit confirm.

You might want to look into the Hori Fighting Commander 3. It's gotten pretty solid reviews and aside from a minor design issue that makes using macros in SF4 a bit of an issue (the closest shoulder buttons in R1 and R2 are the same ones as on the front of the controller) it looks good. It's also wired which is generally a good thing for tournaments though maybe not so good for home use.

Some really epic stuff went down earlier today and I was wondering if this little glitch had occurred to anyone else but me.

I was playing my friend's Hakumen and I threw out a 632146C (because he's still not used to playing against Hazama and it catches him off guard a lot), he somehow slashes it with his sword (making that orb appear) but Hazama continued to throw out Ouroboros which promptly went straight through Hakumen. He then IAD'd over to me but once he went past his orb Hazama yanked him over out of nowhere, finished the special, and killed him.

Needless to say I was torn between gaping and laughing my ass off... Has this ever happened to anyone else?

glitch was posted here

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7859-Hazama-Videos&p=676292&viewfull=1#post676292

Blockstring: (corner) 2a/5a, 5b, 2147b, RC, airdash, 2c. The 2c may connect and give you a combo if they're not paying attention.

Honestly, I find it better to just go for 214D~A/C mixup from 3C than to do what you suggest. It's a huge waste of 50 heat, especially since j214B isn't even an overhead.

Yeah but 214d-a/c can be stuffed easily by nearly any character. If your opponent is familiar with Hazama's ground mix-ups (there aren't many), it may be good to throw it out since some players tend to block low after blocking an attack from the air. It's sort of the same as doing j.2c, land, 214-a, but with less proration I guess.

And since when has heat ever been a problem for Hazzy?

I've always been of the opinion that just because he builds meter quickly, it doesn't mean that it should be wasted on RC gimmicks.

That's just me though.

Understandable. It's just a trick you can throw out once in a while since Hazama's ground mix-ups are lacking. Plus this would be situational, as in Your opponent having a pixel of life and you have 100 meter to waste.

Another thing regarding blockstrings. It might be a good idea to condition them so that they begin stuffing 214D mixup (assuming they catch on), as it opens them up to Jabaki ender with a good chance of CH.

Standard blockstring: 2A > 5B > 2B > 3C > Jabaki

And then if you condition them to think that you're done, you can go for air grab when they jump up or another 3C when they run in.

Plus, you can throw in 214D anywhere for added mixup.

Also, I dunno, he builds up heat so fast because it's pretty hard to actually get into his BnB if your opponent knows the matchup well imo. So might as well save it for later.

I was playing my friend's Hakumen and I threw out a 632146C (because he's still not used to playing against Hazama and it catches him off guard a lot), he somehow slashes it with his sword (making that orb appear)

Pretty sure you can't slash it on hitconfirm since it grounds them. :V

You probably threw the special with the orb out.

....I just realized the kick super is Jakoyu... Not Jakyou. I've gone this long without noticing that. :vbang: :vbang: :vbang:

What's a recommended combo to pull when you hit somebody with 214D, B.

The kick hits them up and you can hit with the chain... just wondering the best way to take advantage of that. Hit with the chain and D in, scoring a few jC's? Or hit with chain, and then use 623D?

depends on your positioning.

generally i just go for 623D all the time unless they're close to the corner.

If it's not CH, there's not much you can do.

If it is CH, the typical thing to go for is to space yourself properly and use 6D~A > 6D~A > 623D

....I just realized the kick super is Jakoyu... Not Jakyou. I've gone this long without noticing that. :vbang: :vbang: :vbang:

Close, but no cigar. Jayoku.

The kick hits them up and you can hit with the chain... just wondering the best way to take advantage of that. Hit with the chain and D in, scoring a few jC's? Or hit with chain, and then use 623D?

Off a counter hit, you can do 6D~A>623D. Off a fatal counter, you can do 6D~A x2>623D or j.6D~D>2C>4D~D>#j.214B.

Close, but no cigar. Jayoku.

....FML. :vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang::vbang:

Least I haven't tried calling it Serpent's Infernal Rapture... THE ONE WHERE I ACTUALLY KNOW THE CORRECT NAME.

Hey, that name isn't so bad. Anyways, I've really been stepping up my game with Hazama lately, but I'm having a slight problem.

I need to know/learn what to do when someone techs in the different ways. In corner, it's pretty easy, go for 2A and apply pressure, frame traps, stance mixup, etc. The only problem I have is my 2A not hitting them when they tech out, and I think it's thanks to the slight delay online.... :/ ...... Ah well.

But my problem is when someone techs towards me mid-screen. And ends up on the other side of me. If they tech away I like to (Dash) 214D~A. But I can't train myself to react quick enough. Do I need to perfect my reaction time, or should I try to out-predict them? And what should I do when they tech behind me?

Thanks for all the help again guys.

2A should still catch anyone who tries to roll past you. I usually try to predict if they're going to tech away and go for dash 3C. Pretty unsafe though, so if they're teching towards corner, I'll just let them go. There's also the 5D~D > 2C option to catch techrolls.

Actually its possible to get 6D~A x2 off of a counter and x3 off of a fatal counter (I have only managed x3 a handful of times against opponents who have normal sized hitboxes). The spacing and timing is very very strict, but you can hit confirm to some degree. You need to judge how many you will be able to land based on how high each hit catches your opponent, or you will drop the combo. This applies to Jayoku as well though having time to reposition helps you a lot there.

Thanks for the advice Arifureta. I know 2A can still catch them, but it's kind of a waste if they tech backwards. I really want to keep pressure on my opponent with Hazama's normals. Now do you think I should use prediction or reaction time? I'm usually one for prediction, but if I need to train my reaction time, I will. I just wonder if it's completely reactionable. And yeah, I've gotten a lot of people with 5D~D > 2C > 'Rough' BnB.

If anyone is interested, I've been testing reliable IB punishes for some match-ups I've not been comfortable with, I've posted my findings in the match-ups section.

So far I've done:

Haku-men

Carl

Ragna

Jin

Litchi

Bang

Thanks for the advice Arifureta. I know 2A can still catch them, but it's kind of a waste if they tech backwards. I really want to keep pressure on my opponent with Hazama's normals. Now do you think I should use prediction or reaction time? I'm usually one for prediction, but if I need to train my reaction time, I will. I just wonder if it's completely reactionable. And yeah, I've gotten a lot of people with 5D~D > 2C > 'Rough' BnB.

j.6D~D catches back rolls and some neutral techs(?), but this depends on spacing so use wisely.