Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Actually its possible to get 6D~A x2 off of a counter and x3 off of a fatal counter (I have only managed x3 a handful of times against opponents who have normal sized hitboxes). The spacing and timing is very very strict, but you can hit confirm to some degree. You need to judge how many you will be able to land based on how high each hit catches your opponent, or you will drop the combo. This applies to Jayoku as well though having time to reposition helps you a lot there.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but what is the difference between a hit being a counter hit and it being a fatal counter hit? I know that a fatal counter has more "stun" on it so you can do more after it but I was under the assumption that certain moves, on counter hit, are always fatal. Meh.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this but what is the difference between a hit being a counter hit and it being a fatal counter hit? I know that a fatal counter has more "stun" on it so you can do more after it but I was under the assumption that certain moves, on counter hit, are always fatal. Meh.

Only certain moves are fatal counters, and that's predetermined for each character. In the case of Hazama if you delay pressing B after 214D (so you get that blue aura around you when you do it) if it lands as a counter would normally it'll be a fatal counter instead.

But in everyone else's case there's nothing special to do to for a fatal counter other than... Well, countering with it :O

I'm having problems connecting a Mizuchi Rekkazan after a 623D, I must be inputting it too late, but a friend told me to input the 632146C right after they wallbounce. It never seems to come out on time. :|

The super connecting is height dependant. Also you can hold down C while you do 632146, and it'll still work.

IMO, you should be practicing dash, 3C xx jayoku.

632146C is extremely easy after 623D. You just buffer the motion for the distortion drive during the ending animation of Jakou. Take your time with it too, don't rush it, and you'll get it more often than you think.

Any advice on getting the (Dash) 3C. Is it also height dependent? And do they need to be even higher for Dash 3C after 623D than they do for Mizuchi Rekkazan?

I can get Dash 3C after the backdash 6D~A > 623D in the last mission in challenge mode on a relatively consistent basis. But other than that, I can never get it. Especially after the Neutral Throw > 6D~A > 623D.

I'm having major problems about getting in on people. For some reason, I always rush in... and when I do 2C they jump up and I get screwed. When I do 2B they still jump up, retaliate, and I still get screwed. Also, I have no idea what to do if I get someone with the chain in the air, like, jump 5D and hit them. I tried j.214B but that's... I dunno... actually, I just need some practice on that one. Do you need to do 5A or 2A when these fail or something? Anyway, I need more ways to think about these situations.

Btw, I hate overheads right now... so much.

Online protip: No one can tech throws. Like, freakin no one. Even purple throws. Makes me so sad.

Abuse and reuse. :V

66 > 3C is a lot easier to do the higher your opponent is when you throw out Hungry Coils since it throws them closer to you.

Mizuchi isn't really height dependent. As long as you get Hungry Coils, it'll combo. It gets harder and harder the lower they are when you throw out HC tho.

If people are baiting your 2C, you could just go for 5A. It's actually a really good AA and it's recovery/startup is a lot faster than 2C so you won't be in as much trouble. If you know they're going to jump up though, you probably have enough time to 214D~B.

What I do when I'm trying to rush in and people are blocking my chains is to stop my chain before it hits them and fly in. j.5B usually has the length to counter people who throw out an AA in a panic, although tbh, I only do this if I really need to damage my opponent since this is still unsafe. If I have a life lead, I usually zone and wait for him to come in. Much easier to catch people's mistakes that way and get my knockdown.

OH, there's also 66 > Command throw. Pretty much opens up anyone's defenses.

Nice ideas, thanks a lot Ari ^^

I mean, I know a couple of things you mentioned, like the HC factor of height when using Mizuchi. For some reason, I never check HC... I'm sort of scared of doing dragon punches >_>

About the 214D~B, I always get so scared of using it when this happens. That's because of the cross up if I do 2C and they jump up, it just throws me off.

I do that same thing when I try to rush in on people. I also know you can do many things with Hazama's standard 66 and I've been amazed by how easily people do it to range themselves to do an attack. Heck, I probably need some training at that, since what I usually do it rush in hit the opponent and stay crouching. If nothing seems to be working I just jump back and try to get away... I seriously needed some way of getting in quickly and make the hit.

No I know it can hit behind you... I meant doing the actual 214 motion... I don't know which way to do it.

But I guess doing it the way the enemy was beforehand is the most appropriate option, I've done some pretty crazy things during cross ups before...

But I guess doing it the way the enemy was beforehand is the most appropriate option, I've done some pretty crazy things during cross ups before...

This.

6 frames before you can cancel into ~B so you should do it before he crosses you up.

Ah, thanks Fireryda... that's basically what I wanted to know...

Btw, I never thought HC worked so well all by itself... heck, I just owned a Ragna spamming Burial Edge with it XD And a Hakumen by using 6D~A twice first, that guy loves jump and dash. Now I know how to deal with those people who jump at you but are too far for 214D~B to hit them (Tsubaki is one of those... j.214ABCD is annoying). I mean, I knew CPU U.Hazama does it all the time but I thought I didn't have the reflexes... apparently that's not entirely true.

Question: is there any info on Hazama's dash/backdash properties? I've been checking all the frame data but I haven't found anything.

Excuse me gentlemen but i encountered some issues trying to perform hazama's signature series(5xC, j.c, 5xC), my dude always lands before i complete the first set of 5c's. Am i supposed to super jump after the launcher, or am i supposed to hold up while performing the 5c's? Thank you.

Hazama's backdash is pretty good from my experience with it ( not Nu-13 good, that shit was gdlk ),

and it has invincibility.

His foward dash is cancellable into normals and specials. I don't know about his supers or astral at this point. It'd be nice to know at what frame you could cancel his foward dash, haha.

@ jak-bro :

how do you set up into the j.214B#?

the optimal set is blah blah 2C -> 4D~D -> j.214B#

at that height you just jump cancel after the fifth j.C and you should be good.

it's j.Cx5 > jc > dj.Cx5

if you're not getting that then mash faster

If you're doing it off a 5c then start mashing earlier. All other times are latter reasoning.

Excuse me gentlemen but i encountered some issues trying to perform hazama's signature series(5xC, j.c, 5xC), my dude always lands before i complete the first set of 5c's. Am i supposed to super jump after the launcher, or am i supposed to hold up while performing the 5c's? Thank you.

I find it easier to simply use 4D~D to pull yourself in instead (and after you've learned that you can throw in 1-2 4D~A before 4D~D), i.e. [ 214D~C, 5C, 2C, 4D~D, j.Cx5, dj, j.Cx5, j.214B ].

Oh yeah and input the jump command at the end of the last hit. Sometimes you don't get the 2nd j.c to link if you just wait to see him finish.

Also afaik dash seems to be cancellable from the second he starts dashing.