Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

Thanks for all the useful advice. And yeah, I buffer'd a Jayoku during Tager's DD Throw, and hit him out of it for the win. I'm surprised j.A's hit him out of AC, I thought it had a lot more head invulnerability than that. Ah well, works for me I guess. I'm pretty good at out-predicting my opponent and guessing games. That's always been a big strength of mine that I transition between fighting games....

However, hit confirming is new to me. Any advice on mastering the reaction time. I've went into training and set the computer to random block. It seems like you really need to think fast and not be on auto-pilot to hit confirm. Any advice on mastering that? Since it would certainly help me with all fighting games, hell.... it might even improve my reaction time in everything.

Certain things are easier to hit confirm. Such has long distance D hits, or 5B hits.

When I say easier, I don't mean to say that you'll notice them any faster than other moves, just that the hitstun makes it easier to confirm and followup.

Honestly, part of it is also muscle memory. Say you are in a blockstring and go for 3C. If you are on autopilot, you might assume he's going to block and end up following with Jabaki or 214D~A even if he actually gets hit by the 3C. What you need to do is train yourself to input 214D~C when you see that falling motion. Due to the amount of time you have to followup a ground 3C, it's ok if it takes a bit of time to get used to.

I see. The 3C followup advice definitely makes sense. As well as 5B and Ouroboros hit confirms are extremely easy. I guess I need to train myself for 214D~A, and 2A/5B a bit more though.

i cant get the hang of IBing online, I hate it. Having the extra meter for Jayoku really helps too. =/

edit:

Rebel 1...

...Action!

>do a few combos

>use drive to run away until time runs out

>win round

>repeat for round 2

>win match

>get hate mail

loool that was fun.

I almost never win by time out, unless there was massive lag. I use a FC Jayoku to weaken them enough and easily go in for the kill. The problem I'm having online... is that so many matches end up having lag (even when I set the connection quality to 3 or higher), that I fail in nearly all of my combos. I can't buffer Jayoku during anything, not during blockstrings, wakeup, not even while falling in the air... They really need to patch these stupid ranked matches. I've had much more success in player matches when it comes to no lag.

And people in ranked tend to skip the intro, resulting in more lag, then spamming the same combo, which I can't even jump out of at times due to the delay in the input for jumping. Sorry for the rant, but it annoys me, haha.

random question...Did Zakiyama die in a car accident? I'm hearing that's the reason Kaqn named his team Zakiyama. If it's true, then we've lost a great hazama player. Zakiyama was the guy who got me interested in Hazama in the first place.

random question...Did Zakiyama die in a car accident? I'm hearing that's the reason Kaqn named his team Zakiyama. If it's true, then we've lost a great hazama player. Zakiyama was the guy who got me interested in Hazama in the first place.

please let this be a troll attempt. :c

Zakiyama passed away.

It's mentioned in the Kaqn vs Dennou video, and the reason their SBO team is named as such.

We've not only lost a fantastic Hazama player, but the inventor of Hazama's metagame.

That's incredibly sad to hear, he inspired a lot of us to pick up Hazama in the first place, and its awesome to hear that Kaqn paid respects like that, thats pretty sportsmanlike imo...

*breaks ice*

does anyone here actually use 2D or j.2D at all? I never do because I'm never in a position where I'm actually directly above or below an opponent. I'm just wondering if its ever actually worth doing. Are there any situations I can create where it would be a good idea to use it? I think challenge mode had an air throw to j.2D, but I hate using throws since mine get broken all the time.

also, off-topic but, I remember in the first week or so of the U.S. console release that we were able to download other people's match replays. Did they take that out or am I just blind?

*breaks ice*

:JI:

does anyone here actually use 2D or j.2D at all? I never do because I'm never in a position where I'm actually directly above or below an opponent. I'm just wondering if its ever actually worth doing. Are there any situations I can create where it would be a good idea to use it? I think challenge mode had an air throw to j.2D, but I hate using throws since mine get broken all the time.

2D? Sometimes in the corner, but no real use for it.

j.2D? Yes. When you're pretty high up you can hit them and follow up with a combo, on whiff that's close to them you can nosedive and grab them on the ground, catches some people off guard.

It can be useful on characters like Lambda who can't do much of anything when you're directly above her... You can followup a 4D~D or something, and pretty much any situation where Haz is decently above his opponent (not that unusual). Just make sure to hitconfirm it, messing up the j.2D and following up with D on a whiff is not fun (although if they don't smack the crap out of you, you could probably go for 236C I guess).

I was practicing IB hotenjin and i noticed its easier for me to pull it off when i do a standing IB. is there a difference in advantage between standing and crouching IB? also any other tips on practicing this TOO important part of hazama's game? its so tedious recording block strings and finding IB holes in them for EVERY CHARACTER in traning mode :psyduck:

j.2D for air grab/RC combo shenanigans. 2D as a get-me-the-fuck-out-of-here button.

Not much you can do about IB Jayoku but to keep playing the matchup. And I know you get more frame advantage if you IB in the air, but not entirely sure if there is one between crouching and standing. Maybe since you have to input jayoku in neutral, there's a few frames delay between crouching and standing?

Thanks for the tips, guys. 2D has proven useful in carl matchups and im suprisingly hitting my j.2Ds. I'm still having problems with my command throw. I always whiff it e.e

its kinda difficult to use in my blockstring as well.

I always dash into 236C after a regular blockstring. Or after a 5B hit. Just try to make your dashes unpredictable or you'll get hit out of them. Personally, I've had the best use when my opponent neutral wakeups in the corner ready to block. 236C almost always catches them off guard there.

And if they wise up and try to roll out, you can pick them up with 2A for an almost 3K corner combo that builds nearly 50 heat. Win/win situation, but you really need to be good at predicting how your opponent will tech if you can carry them over to the corner.

very effective on the turtling hakumens that block as if they'll die in 1 hit if they didn't, decent meter build but damage from midscreen is a craptastic ~2k though

very effective on the turtling hakumens that block as if they'll die in 1 hit if they didn't, decent meter build but damage from anywhere is a craptastic ~2k though

._.

I try not to dash>236C. That sort of things only works once, and when it does the proration is just terrible. I find it better to give more space and go back to hit confirming chains, or maybe tossing out another 2A or 5B.

All of that said, I'm having trouble finding any practical use for 214D~A even in blockstrings. It seems that it gets punished every time I throw it out, mostly by [insert character name here]'s 2A/5A and sometimes a reversal DP.