Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Gameplay Discusson

maybe youre slow at the input or the opp has really quick reaction. try and get it so you see his stance for only a fraction of a second.

you can try the 214D~A earlier in the blockstring to catch them off-guard, i guess. im not really sure, his "blockstrings" are already pretty horrible.

what type of things could you do to setup or combo into Hazama's astral?

His 3C is the easiest.

Meaning it can go from:

3C, Astral

2A, 5B, 3C, Astral

5B, 3C, Astral

5C, 3C, Astral

236C, 5C, 3C, Astral

D*, j.2C, 3C, Astral

(*Any D with long enough hitstun to combo afterwards and the opponent is on the ground)

etc.

Also back grab into corner works.

All combos (including combos into Astral) are posted here.

But if you want a short answer, back throw into a corner combo into Astral Heat, any close-ish range 3C combos into astral, and there are certain situations where 623D can combo into astral (namely, when you do it at a proper distance, and you're in the corner, so they're close to you).

EDIT: Derp, I'm too slow. Also, can anyone confirm if forward throw into corner combos into astral? My 360 broke down a few weeks ago, so I haven't been able to test.

Why the hell would anyone waste a burst and 100 heat to see CGI from 1999? better to just do sum mizuchi trolling or jayoku>jayoku =/

^ Hey, those snakes may be old CGI, but they're just as beautiful. Haha, and seeing Hazama as Terumi is pretty awesome too. I'll try to confirm the forward throw thing in a few days. And yeah, 623D, Backthrows in corner, and 3C are the primary three ways to combo into your Astral. 3C's the most practical, but you have to be extremely fast with the input. I'm going to try buffering 3C and the Astral all in one motion, and see how it works. I'll let you guys know with my results. Something to the effect of:

163C2143D

Wish me luck guys. I'm really looking for new original combos with Hazama. Getting so much hate mail about spamming the same combo, since j.214B# tends to be a part of every combo, people think I just spam over and over again... It gets pretty annoying after a while. 623D corner combos and any combos involving either distortion drive are pretty awesome, so I'm still looking around for new stuff.

Why the hell would anyone waste a burst and 100 heat to see CGI from 1999? better to just do sum mizuchi trolling or jayoku>jayoku =/

If you have 100% Heat and a Burst and can do it consistently then why not? You can basically throw it in from a lot of combos to basically deal ~3500 dmg that's unburstable. From 236C or 3C that's not too shabby.

However, going for an Astral just because it's an Astral is not something I'd do. Like opting not to use a Burst or Fatal CH Jayoku because you want to save the burst/heat for the Astral.

3C's the most practical, but you have to be extremely fast with the input. I'm going to try buffering 3C and the Astral all in one motion, and see how it works. I'll let you guys know with my results.

Huh? Then maybe it's just me but I think you have loads of time to input his Astral. It's not like doing Hakumen's Renka (1hit) into Zantetsu where you really have to do it as one motion.

Wish me luck guys. I'm really looking for new original combos with Hazama. Getting so much hate mail about spamming the same combo, since j.214B# tends to be a part of every combo, people think I just spam over and over again... It gets pretty annoying after a while. 623D corner combos and any combos involving either distortion drive are pretty awesome, so I'm still looking around for new stuff.

Only thing I found to be handy is something you can use in certain combos and situations, like when you pull yourself in for a slimmer version of j.214B# you tend to fly by easily?

You can instead deal more damage and and land a follow-up easier if you do, say:

214D~B (CH), 6D~C, j.C(x1), jc, j.C(5x), j.214B

=/ i'll only do it if i really wanted to troll so hard that i want to make them watch the shitty CGI, otherwise double jayoku = BB ver of slayer's 4xbig bangs ftw

623D is epic cuz it gives epic oki opportunities, i usually do 5B>3C>214D~C>5C(2)>2C>6D~A>4D~A>623D then either j.6D works as an oki or it will hit the big hitbox chars and then continue with 2C>4D~A>4D~D>j.Cx10>j.214B

You can also easily get around 3.8k+ meterless in corner and 5.5k or so with jayoku

Thanks for the help. guess i was too blind to see section 10 of the combo thread despite rereading it 20 times today.

i think ive hit a wall with hazama, i feel like im actually getting worse. x.x

lol dun feel bad i was owning japanese players early on but now im getting tired of online play with people abusing all the broken faggotry

=/ i'll only do it if i really wanted to troll so hard that i want to make them watch the shitty CGI, otherwise double jayoku = BB ver of slayer's 4xbig bangs ftw

Against characters like Tager you can deal ~4500dmg from 236C with Hazama's Astral, not too shabby ;)

When I do Hazama's 3C -> Astral it's a lot easier to buffer 720 + D during the 3C and the result is Astral, don't know how it works but it does, try it if you don't believe me.

So, 3C > 720D then? I'll try it, and thanks for confirming that 163C2143D works kinker, I'll test my luck with that as well.

When I do Hazama's 3C -> Astral it's a lot easier to buffer 720 + D during the 3C and the result is Astral, don't know how it works but it does, try it if you don't believe me.

I hear theres 3 ways to do his astral but i've only been able to do 1632143D, i dunno why 720D method won't work for me even though i do the input correctly.....

If you're jumping after the 3C then you're messing up, as soon as 3C hits you roll the dpad/stick and hit D and you should get a red beat into Astral.

There are 3 ways to do it, but the 6321463214D method is like 80-20 in my opinion, doing the 1632143D works most of the time but it's awkward, 720D buffer after 3C is the only way I do my astral with him and it works like a charm.

I guess I'm one of the few that don't have too much trouble with the input then? :psyduck:

I guess it's because I played Nameless in KoF 2k2: UM, where all of his supers had a 1632143 input... and I used a pad :8/: (many moments of rage were had back then)

I didn't even know you could input a 720 for Hazama's Astral, that makes it WAY easier to do considering I can roll out a 720 like a mofo thanks to the GETB... lol

I did my first intentional IB jayoku today :D

IBing online is hard to do e.e

I end up just mashing 4 and sometimes I backdash and eat a combo

It works for Bang's astral as well.

Also I can't recommend doing IB > Jayoku online.

Due to netplay your IB attempt becomes you walking back and getting hit, and Jayoku becomes 6B.

Imo, just throw out random Jayokus on netplay, that shit becomes unblockable even if they throw up barrier, I swear. / joking but true

Due to netplay your IB attempt becomes you walking back and getting hit, and Jayoku becomes 6B.

Yeah this bullshit happens all the time to me, 2B or 6B will come out instead of jayoku and when it does decide it wants to come out it's nearly impossible to follow up with 214D~C sometimes.