Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama vs. Iron Tager

Yup, it's a guessing game, these are you options and his counters (basically):

Backdash, Tager catches you with 6A or 720

Jump, Tager catches you with Collider

Standing attack (like 5A spam), Tager catches you with 360B (he only needs to hold it since it auto-grabs, so you won't hit him) or 720

The one that guesses wrong, loses. Personally I'd avoid the 5A spam and do a rock-paper-sciccors with Backdash, Jump and DP and hope for the best.

Quick question about that:

Does forward jump jA or jB (or even jC) knock him out of AC after GF?

you probably can hit him out of collider with that but I'm not positive...I play tager too and I've had people hit me out of collider after gadget with air moves as they are jumping up

Might've been mentioned, but something that's a little hilarious (but effective) is 236C'ing Tager's 360's and 720 after a Gadget Finger. This works due to your invincibility during his grabs active frames and since you're magnetized his grabs will pull you in within 236C grab range.

I also find j.A to be good after a GF, it even beats collider (which has been mentioned), which I also find a bit hilarious.

This may be my general shittyness but I still find this matchup to be...how do I put this...it's Hazama's match to lose but he will lose it often. I tend to get facerolled by counter 720's and untechable 360's...and I know they shouldn't be so new question...if you are barrier blocking can you tech a grab...just a curiosity. I just can't seem to not eat the damage...maybe pressuring him isn't the greatest idea though haha!

Can't tech a grab if you're pressing A+B. :V

You could try to hold A+B+C for some o them option select shenanigans, but since Tager's throwing out command throws, it wouldn't make a difference.

Again, zone ftw. :V

So im a new blazblue competitive player and i was playing my friend who play tager and He was kicking my ass every match. He hardly plays fighting games.

Like I said im new so I know nothing about tager and how he works. My friend keeps telling me I can tech his command grabs??!?!?!?!? WTF. Tech a command grab.

So what are the key things to know about tager?

So im a new blazblue competitive player and i was playing my friend who play tager and He was kicking my ass every match. He hardly plays fighting games.

Tager is pretty much only trouble in the beginning when you're not used to fighting him and his gimmicks and traps.

Like I said im new so I know nothing about tager and how he works. My friend keeps telling me I can tech his command grabs??!?!?!?!? WTF. Tech a command grab.

Only if he combos into them. The green "!" signifies it's a normal grab and you can escape it (like in SF) by pressing B+C. If you throw in any (even command) grab in a combo your character will get 2 purple "!!" above his head, meaning you can break out of the grab.

The difference between the green and purple one is that the purple one has a bigger window for you to press B+C and escape.

So what are the key things to know about tager?

Most of it comes from experience. It would help if you could mention what specifically you have trouble with.

Tager is pretty much only trouble in the beginning when you're not used to fighting him and his gimmicks and traps.

Only if he combos into them. The green "!" signifies it's a normal grab and you can escape it (like in SF) by pressing B+C. If you throw in any (even command) grab in a combo your character will get 2 purple "!!" above his head, meaning you can break out of the grab.

The difference between the green and purple one is that the purple one has a bigger window for you to press B+C and escape.

Most of it comes from experience. It would help if you could mention what specifically you have trouble with.

Thank you for your input. Well I have lots of trouble and I freeze up when tager is pulling my towards him with the magnetizm crap. Im trying to keep my distance while he pulling me in then I get command grabed when Im in his face. I watched some vids of good hazumas fighting tagers and then would get in and get out zone with claw and combo whenever they can. I guess thats the general plan heh. My freind mashs command grabs out so I try and stay out his face unless I got a hit confirm.

Right now Im just a scrub though. I need to master the basics of hazuma.

Thank you for your input. Well I have lots of trouble and I freeze up when tager is pulling my towards him with the magnetizm crap. Im trying to keep my distance while he pulling me in then I get command grabed when Im in his face. I watched some vids of good hazumas fighting tagers and then would get in and get out zone with claw and combo whenever they can. I guess thats the general plan heh. My freind mashs command grabs out so I try and stay out his face unless I got a hit confirm.

Remember than you can just jump to avoid his command grabs, if he starts doing his AA grab (Atomic Collider) you can spam jumping A, it usually hits him out of it.

Right now Im just a scrub though. I need to master the basics of hazuma.

Hazama isn't exactly one of the easiest characters to play in BlazBlue, so you might want to sub maybe Ragna or Jin to get the feel of the game before delving into you main, Hazama.

Remember than you can just jump to avoid his command grabs, if he starts doing his AA grab (Atomic Collider) you can spam jumping A, it usually hits him out of it.

Hazama isn't exactly one of the easiest characters to play in BlazBlue, so you might want to sub maybe Ragna or Jin to get the feel of the game before delving into you main, Hazama.

Once again thanks for your input. i will try out what you said and Id rather quit playing BB before I play ragna or jin lol. I really like hazuma and Im going to stick with him. I also wanted to try makoto but I need to stick to one character for now.

Once again thanks for your input. i will try out what you said and Id rather quit playing BB before I play ragna or jin lol. I really like hazuma and Im going to stick with him. I also wanted to try makoto but I need to stick to one character for now.

I'd say don't play an easier character cause even though you can learn system mechanics with any charater, the only way to get better with Hazama specifically is to, well, play Hazama, lol.

anyway when you're getting magnetized, if theres a sizable gap (say 1~2 Hazamas away) you can get a free 214D~B/236236B and should invul through whatever he's doing (Even command grabs!) for a CH! Though jumping is a much safer option most of the time.

How do I flash kick a sledged chain? Sledge comes out way too fast for me to press A and do the command for Flash Kick.

If Tager is so close to you that his sledge can connect, I wouldn't throw out a lot of chains.

Also, I've never tries this I've never had the need to; but if chains can be special canceled without followup, can they be DD canceled as well?

I'm pretty sure that its way too slow to work. Honestly, I think your best bet to avoid a command throw after gadget finger is j.5A.

I could be wrong though.

I'm away from the ps3 for a while, so i would like to know if it is possible to 6C to get away from 360/Atomic Collider after gadget finger.

6C's Aerial State is from frame 17-35, so no.

236C beats his 360's and 720 though.

I'm pretty sure that its way too slow to work. Honestly, I think your best bet to avoid a command throw after gadget finger is j.5A.

I could be wrong though.

Hazama's j.A beats everything but Tager's 5A (yes, even Atomic Collider).

I suffer with this match up so bad. I can link and run, but then they get spark bolt and begin pressuring with sledge and baiting my jump with atomic collider.

Once I get magnetized I feel helpless.

Have you tried just standing far away? If you see him sledge, throw a chain and try to CH him out of it or dash 3C. If he drags you in with AC you might be able to hit him out of it with j.6d/j.4d but the best thing to do is not get magnetized in the first place.

Usually I bait sledge and try and land a 3c but it pretty much donkey punches me in the face. Hmm, usually they like to gain spark bolt fuel and play footsies with sledge until I make a false chain move and get combo'd into atomic collider. Once it lands once they try to bait burst or houtenjins.

so, is it not possible to instant block hotenjin 6a 2c 4d block string from tager, i've ib'd all three hits and tried to make it come out as soon as possible but nothing, same with inbetween hits 1-2 and 2-3 nothing. i'm just trying to confirm this so i don't waste anymore time thinking it could be executional.