Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama vs. Iron Tager

All I need to say... Keep chaining till he start B sledge doing your chain. Immediately 214D~B to cancel your chain into a counter against sledge. Doing his block string make sure to 236c if u see a B sledge. I'm tired of this matchup.

...Yeah. I did that until my friend caught on and started mixing in Atomic Colliders :vbang:

I'm not familiar with CS Tager (Mainly been playing against Rawrgnas), but doesn't the hitbox(grab-box?) for atomic collider come out kind of late? I'd think that you could use something like j.a to be safe.... I dunno, maybe I'm completely off. Sorry if that's the case.

Hm... I'll give it a try. I'm not too sure though, because you're always magnetized. The only thing that's gotten through is Jayoku Houtenjin, for obvious reasons. I can't do the whole zoning thing either, because he's taken a liking to MOVING with sledge :gonk:. I'm also horrendous at timing 214D > B, so I'll need to work on that...

Sledge hammer vs Chains

Which wins? Can Tager go through them?

Yes, tager can since at a certain distance it acquires more of a projectile attribute against hakumen and tager, I've seen at close range ouroboros clashes with hakumens slashes. But I wouldn't rely on that against tager. As far as sledge hammer goes irc tager's legs are vulnerable meaning hazama has 2 attacks that trip you: zaneiga(n) and 3c.

EDIT: nice avatar lol

Sledges right through his chains. I don't even really use his chains except in combos, or if I'm on the other side of the screen. :\

even at mid range, chain cancels are awesome to bait a sledgehammer and get a nice counter hit combo, even 5D~A (quickly) Jaykou, nice fatal counter combo.

Geez, this match is really difficult for me. I'm just not sure how to either approach or fend Tager off. It My friend is quite good at blocking, and unless I'm mistaken, Hazama doesn't have any usable mixups, since 6A is so slow, and j.214B is still kinda slow and definitely unsafe on block.

I read through the thread, but I still don't feel like I understand how to approach this match. =<

^ Zone and bait.

Hazama can zone well, Tager can't zone at all. Use that to your advantage. Not only that, but you get crazy easy hit confirms at long distance with his chains. If Tager starts to get sledge happy, they also make excellent bait.

Really, what you want to do most of the time is zone Tager. Make him come to you. He's likely to make himself vulnerable in his efforts, and that's when you can land your damage. If he does happen to get close however, a well-placed command grab can do wonders. Similarly, you can also use his chains as a quick getaway.

Geez, this match is really difficult for me. I'm just not sure how to either approach or fend Tager off. It My friend is quite good at blocking, and unless I'm mistaken, Hazama doesn't have any usable mixups, since 6A is so slow, and j.214B is still kinda slow and definitely unsafe on block.

I read through the thread, but I still don't feel like I understand how to approach this match. =<

It needs to be in bold on a sticky...

j.214B is not an overhead

It needs to be in bold on a sticky...

j.214B is not an overhead

agreed

I find it amazing that Tager can fly so high from such a weedy looking person.

Yeah, neutral sledges against Hazama aren't the cleverest idea ever, a 214D~B works when there isn't heat to go around and that's some good damage right there.

Hit and run is a beautiful strategy ;D

agreed, it almost feels like v13 v tager in ct, except you have a cool hat and funny sounds

I seem to have a LOT of trouble canceling 5D into 214D when it connects with a sledging Tager. Is there some weird delay I need to take into account?

EDIT: Regarding hit and run. How do you pressure from a distance when Tager has spark ready?

EDIT: Regarding hit and run. How do you pressure from a distance when Tager has spark ready?

Super Jump gives you enough time to hit with the chains and be able to block the spark while falling.

You can also, dodge the spark bolt with D~B. It's a bit situational but it's easy and very cool. But when Tager has spark bolt you just have to stop being reckless with your chains. Tager still has a really hard time approaching you, so focus on poking him from above the balls range (hj6D) and stuffing any attempt to get in on you. If you can get him to fire the ball while you're blocking it's still a win for you.

Also, 214D~B is really good in this matchup, as far as I know all Tager can do to punish is 5C (into nothing) or spark ball (you can tell when that's ready).

^ I should also be noted that if you use D~B and are still hit by Spark Bolt, the motion from being hit in the middle of ~B might just be enough to throw the Tager off and avoid a huge Spark Bolt combo.

Is this combo even practical against Tager as a game ender?

http://zoome.jp/sculpture/diary/9/

Of a counter-hit and requiring two bursts stocked, it seems too situational...but modifications can be made from it I think. Plus Hazama gains heat rapidly anyways.