Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama vs. Iron Tager

assuming Tager is cancelling at the earliest possible moment, you HAVE to IB in order to punish 2C after 6A, if I'm reading the frame data right. (Which is your best friend in finding out what to IB Jayoku, btw!)

As far as I can tell though, 2C->4D is unpunishable assuming its a gatling. However, if you ib 4D, you will beat out everything(!!) that Tager can throw out immediately afterwards (except magnatech wheel and possibly delayed 720 or delayed 360A if they're some kind of robot programmed to play Tager)

assuming Tager is cancelling at the earliest possible moment, you HAVE to IB in order to punish 2C after 6A, if I'm reading the frame data right. (Which is your best friend in finding out what to IB Jayoku, btw!)

As far as I can tell though, 2C->4D is unpunishable assuming its a gatling. However, if you ib 4D, you will beat out everything(!!) that Tager can throw out immediately afterwards (except magnatech wheel and possibly delayed 720 or delayed 360A if they're some kind of robot programmed to play Tager)

what a coincidence i have a guy here who mains tager and he is pretty much a robot who is great at rock, paper, scissors.

In the rare occassion that Tager gets near me and starts forcing me to block, what should I do? I try jumping away to stop the 360s, but he just does 5A, 6A, j.B or Atomic Collider to bring myself in again. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

inb4 Jayaku. I'm refering to when that isn't ready for use.

So the only hope I have against Tager is too just know when I've IBed an attack, online, and jump, chain away, hoping he doesn't atomic collider or continue pressure?

Sounds about right. :psyduck:

I've been able to hit a Tager with Mizuchi Rekkazan while he was in the middle of charging up for his spark bolt. Will this happen every time? Or can he get out of it quick enough to block, considering I enter the distortion phase while he is still charging.

I've been able to hit a Tager with Mizuchi Rekkazan while he was in the middle of charging up for his spark bolt. Will this happen every time? Or can he get out of it quick enough to block, considering I enter the distortion phase while he is still charging.

You can, you just have to do it when it's about to end. Though to be honest, unless it kills him, I wouldn't bother. Save the heat for Jayaku.

Edit: Raging.

Yeah, I'll admit to finding this match-up a bit tricky.

My main problem: the Tager player is likely to spam his 2D, so I get magnetised on block. I can usually avoid being grabbed by spamming 3C (which, of course, I can then continue into a combo) - but if my opponent anticipated this and blocked low, I'd be in trouble.

Matchup is more or less the same.

Free for a Smart Hazama.

Spam D-A, Bait, Bait some more, then a little more for the hell of it.

Spamming the aforementioned D-A nets Heat Gain, Heat Gain = Jayoku = 7K = More heat = FREE

Serious, though, Caseoak.

Stay of his range and claim a free combo when he gets up. Use D-A a ton and build heat, and zip in on confirmed chains.

What do you do against a heavily offensive Tager who jump D's you every second and knows when to barrier block and shit? I know there are moves to counter this kind of offensive strategy but I really have a hard time against offensive Tagers. It's actually annoying. Not sure which moves beat what pressure of his. And D~A doesn't do me shit cause they generally know not to spam sledge. I'm just making a fool of myself that way.

If you want to lame this match out then j.Ds should not be a problem, abuse chains and fly to the other side of the screen whenever Tager comes close. It's pretty much the safest option and Tager's only option is Spark Bolt, so that's all you need to watch out for.