Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhaethonH

[6/12 2v2] [6/26 Singles] - NorCal BlazBlue Ranbat Season γ-3

Looks like Fred might need to get in recording for awhile. I'm tired. My boss is taking a vacation and I'm being put down double time, and can't request time off. I can't even update video's. BB is wearing on me a little. Plus other stuff >.>...

This means I can't make the SoCal Seattle trip either. Shit happens.

That means you get DOUBLE money...which means you have money saved up for EVO or the next RANBAT. :3

Unless I can get some freakin amazing deal like Scott has, I highly, HIGHLY doubt I'm going evo. Next months ranbats I'm probably back in the game though.

Oh, and about the homeless guy conversation from earlier...I cant do it consistently, but you can glitch the MvC machine and freeze it :3

Unless I can get some freakin amazing deal like Scott has, I highly, HIGHLY doubt I'm going evo. Next months ranbats I'm probably back in the game though.

Rin don't worry about taking time off from BB and stuff like that. You have a life and the community will need to accept that cause well...Thats the way it is right?? If you ever find some random downtime, throw up a vid or 2 but other than that, no worries! We'd much rather see a well rested and rich kitteh as opposed to a burned out mess of a rich furry.

So we'll see you in a month! :yaaay:

Oh, and about the homeless guy conversation from earlier...I cant do it consistently, but you can glitch the MvC machine and freeze it :3

Gogogo gambit glitch

Oh.. wait.. wtf.. my boss changed the schedule again... I have work on saturday, but now I get off at 12 pm. I could go down later that day and record... its up to you guys though.

I really dont feel like playing anymore though. Just the fact that people keep using the word "potential" around me and I don't get any better with my execution makes my gameplay redundant. I'll probably just chill out, Len might come too I dunno. Up in the air :/

Oh.. wait.. wtf.. my boss changed the schedule again... I have work on saturday, but now I get off at 12 pm. I could go down later that day and record... its up to you guys though.

I really dont feel like playing anymore though. Just the fact that people keep using the word "potential" around me and I don't get any better with my execution makes my gameplay redundant. I'll probably just chill out, Len might come too I dunno. Up in the air :/

If you come to the tournament, you should also enter...if only to support to the NorCal BB community. It's hard enough getting entrants already...

challenge your boss to a MM, loser stays at work

Also, you have to be persistent. Everyone plateaus after a while, everyone hits some tough points where you have to struggle. The only difference between someone who succeeds and someone who failed is that the successful person didn't give up and grinded it out.

Its not that I'm getting mad that I'm getting beat, its that I'm not improving. Everytime Dacid says "THERE YA GO!" when I enter the taunt loop, I drop it, and everyone is like o-o;;... Its really just sad, nothing else. If my execution is not gonna improve more than this, I might as well sit back and watch. Oh yeah, and note my butt-fuckin terrible defensive skills. I can taunt loop x12 but I can't hold 4. :vbang:

If you come to the tournament, you should also enter...if only to support to the NorCal BB community. It's hard enough getting entrants already...

If the tournament needs more entrants Goryus, I'll fill in, but I'm not signing up so willingly anymore. I'm just another scrubby fill-random XD

challenge your boss to a MM, loser stays at work

I guess I'm working :v::v::v::v::v::

Its not that I'm getting mad that I'm getting beat, its that I'm not improving. Everytime Dacid says "THERE YA GO!" when I enter the taunt loop, I drop it, and everyone is like o-o;;... Its really just sad, nothing else.

From the Prince of Dropped Combos:

Practice makes perfect. Rin, like many others, no one is a prodigy when it comes to playing fighting games... in most cases. TaoFTW was in the vicinity of SVGL and thus got time to practice a lot more. Think of the reward of when you are able to achieve that level of execution. You'll be repping the kitty for good.

Essentially, the game is all about fun, as Dabbit told me. Nothing is sad about a dropped combo. These things happen. No one looks down on anyone else for trying to get better and not doing it at that particular instance. Everyone plays and gets better for the sake of getting better against each other; that's what a scene is.

You can do it. *Dan Thumb

~Chun

Oh, and a tale of an epic failure.

As I sit at home, thinking to myself about what I'm going to do to fill the rest of my day, when I thought to myself "This is a perfect time to go check out that BB cabinet at SF state Honnou was talking about!". It was the worst decision ever made.

Riding through SF is a nightmare. Potholes, traffic, hot, windy, basically gay. Look like an idiot running around the student SERVICES building instead of the student UNION building looking for the cab.

I go down a set of stairs and I see a set of games at the other end of the room. I faintly see "BlazBlue" on one of the cabinets.

As I get hype walking towards it, to my horror, I found out it was the EXACT SAME CAB FROM FANIME. I almost headdesked in real life.

Start off with some casual ragna too feel out the timing. Stick was horrible, and for some reason I got owned by CPU carl. I was a little confused, but I just tried again, this time with Tao. Again, three games in, and CPU TAGER DOUBLE PERFECTS ME. Then I noticed the game was on HELL MODE. Wow. Way to jip SFSU. I for some reason cannot beat Hell CPU Tagers with Tao because his yomi is perfect, and automatic. No matter what I'll do he'll beat me out with whatever perfect backdash/360/sledge he does.

So I soothe my soul by going Lambda. Of course, CPU's are cake with lambda because all they do is just random moves in the distance, and you just sword them. 5 games, in, I was up against Tao. I tried out 2c in the beggining of the match, and nothing happend, and Tao 6c'd me. I was a bit confused, so I ran up and started doing mashing 5ccccc. Again, nothing. Then to my horror I realized THE FUCKIN C BUTTON BROKE. Do you know how hard it is to play against a HELL TAOKAKA WITH LAMBDA, WITH ONLY A, B, AND D????!??!?!?!

I took out my phone and texted random stuff while I waited for the CPU Tao to rape my ass and get it over with.

So then, I go to P2 side, and decide just to train for awhile. I hit B+C, and hit start. But something wasn't right... I remember what the screen said only a few seconds before... wait.. 4 MINUTES??? FOUR MEASLY MINUTES FOR TRAINING?? SFSU STEALS MONEH.

I got used to taunt looping on that terrible, terrible Happ setup after awhile, but just as TaoFTW ran into, my wrists started to burn for the movement of taunt looping.

I went back into story mode, confident about my loop. But who's my first matchup?

TAGER.

You know what I did? I backdashed 3 times, then 214a/b/c'd him to death. Why? BECAUSE I'M NOT WASTING 50 CENTS TO GET ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE YOMI'D THE FIRST ROUND. After that I got through to Boss Hazama, and of course "JAYAKU HOUTENJIN!!!" x4 = I die.

I rage leave. Some SF player I guess was watching, and said-

"Hey you know what you're doing. Why are you so angry?"

"Because this game blows hard balls"

I head home through the torrent of traffic.

Rin, you just hit the same road block I did when I was playing CT. Anybody can practice taunt loop and anyone can mash execution. But not everybody can self-criticize and reassess what they're doing wrong. Daigo was asked the following question, "What do you recommend players to do to level up their game?" His response, "Think about what you do wrong and fix it."

If execution is your weakness, then don't commit to harder combos. You can learn all that a year down the road. So focus on your spacing, wittier mixups, stronger tech traps, and maximize your pokes. Everything else will fall in place.

Edit: Oh yeah, I might just come down to do some 2v2...unless I decide to go to the MGL console tournament. I've been meaning to get acquainted with Haunts for quite some time.

I gotta work on my combos because I keep dropping them :U I get hits and from there I should be atleast 2.5k from all the counter hits I usually get but nope...I drop it =3= F$%^#$%#$% my crummy stick execution...

Oh gawd :gonk: lol

Yeah.. maybe if I got to practice more I would be better. But I'm not. haha..

Oh and btw HOWS YOUR WAIFU XD

Well honestly Rin, I know one of the easiest ways for you to improve is to stop freaking out the second something goes wrong. At the CDC, you were playing and the instant something weird happened like a random CH from something Jared did, you started freaking out and not focusing. Shit happens and you just gotta roll with it. Same goes for dropping combos for whatever reason. If you drop it, just go with it and try to get another one, don't fume and go :vbang: when it happens everytime.

So heres your checklist for improvements:

1: RELAX!!!!

2: Focus on simple reset combos as opposed to max damage taunt loop x100000000 combos. Better to get lower damage with a reset as opposed to dropping the max damage combo and losing a reset also.

3: HAVE FUN :eng101:

Also, come to the damn 2v2s! You're usually more hype than most of us so it'll be nice to

have more people to joke around with! :yaaay:

EDIT: See everyone on Saturday! I'm gonna take the day off tomorrow and reintroduce myself to FFIX!! Get my hand rested for Saturday by staying away from anything stick related! Can I have free entry since my birthday is only 2 days before:kitty:

What I'm doing to prepare for the 2v2:

Playing Super Street Fighter 4.

Guess the two I'm playing!

~Chun

Rin, you just hit the same road block I did when I was playing CT. Anybody can practice taunt loop and anyone can mash execution. But not everybody can self-criticize and reassess what they're doing wrong. Daigo was asked the following question, "What do you recommend players to do to level up their game?" His response, "Think about what you do wrong and fix it."

I agree. People should start helping me by pointing out my mistakes, ironically Len only gave me advice that day, and she doesn't even play. "Be more patient." :v:...

It's difficult to be calculating and patient with one of the most offensive, spazztastic characters in the game..

Maybe I'll just commit to CT style single taunt combos and finish them rather than loops I drop my oki for and don't get unprorated 500...

Well honestly Rin, I know one of the easiest ways for you to improve is to stop freaking out the second something goes wrong. At the CDC, you were playing and the instant something weird happened like a random CH from something Jared did, you started freaking out and not focusing. Shit happens and you just gotta roll with it. Same goes for dropping combos for whatever reason. If you drop it, just go with it and try to get another one, don't fume and go :vbang: when it happens everytime.

So heres your checklist for improvements:

1: RELAX!!!!

2: Focus on simple reset combos as opposed to max damage taunt loop x100000000 combos. Better to get lower damage with a reset as opposed to dropping the max damage combo and losing a reset also.

3: HAVE FUN :eng101:

Also, come to the damn 2v2s! You're usually more hype than most of us so it'll be nice to

have more people to joke around with! :yaaay:

EDIT: See everyone on Saturday! I'm gonna take the day off tomorrow and reintroduce myself to FFIX!! Get my hand rested for Saturday by staying away from anything stick related! Can I have free entry since my birthday is only 2 days before:kitty:

I freak out because I'm holding 4 and nothing happens. I don't usually get frustrated at players, I accept that people ate way better than me, and I don't fight it. But when the simplest, DUMBEST input doesn't come out.. IE:GUARDING 101... That's when the game pushes my limits..

I like matches like that one awhile ago with jareds tager vs my stupid Tao. It was fun! I still lost, but my execution was decent, and we were loling the whole time.

you need to be holding (and at your discretion, rhythmically mashing) 1 instead