Sign in to follow this  
Prototype909

Jumping barrier block

So, besides air throwing (Which is lolbreakable), what can you do about it? From what I see you pretty much get a free pass to avoid any high/low mixup and don't have to worry about unblockables either. Sans some things like Devoured By Darkness, Atomic Collider, etc.

Wait for ArcSys to make moves faster, or make jumps slower, or make throws harder to break. till then, jump with em

A: Make them waste their barrier while they hold up-back. B: Annoy them by spamming Barrier jump while they spam Barrier jump. C: Barrier Burst to destroy their barrier (not recommended for obvious reasons) D: Corner them so that you're free to do whatever you want to make them waste Barrier E: Deal with it. F: None of the above.

I've never considered barrier jumping as being annoying... well besides that I find all blocking annoying... yeah I'm that noobish... though if I had to guess I would say just go for air grab.

I think the primary problem is how floaty and quick jumps are, falling at the very least should be faster.

Consider the fact that the clothing for most of the characters can double as parachutes.

Jumps are already balls slow in this game. Hitting people out of spamming jump+FD isn't very hard as long as they aren't Arakune. If you want to point fingers though, blame the hour long startup on every damn move in the game.

The best way I handle it is by anticipating it. People are getting really smart nowadays and the old deadspike to keep them on the ground and things of that nature aren't as effective as they used to be. But with Ragna, after getting them used to the mix-ups and timing when they'd jump away and at the sight of what attack, I started running underneath them for a baby cross-up. This works only once, of course, because then they start attacking while they're jumping away - but at least that opens it up for a short dash to 6a for Ragna, or an ID (I dont know if GH would work in that situation).

The only thing you can really do is jump up and air throw them if you can. It also depends on the situation (such as where you are vs where they are on the screen). Most people won't be able to throw break psychic air throws.

actually a lot of times when I try to jump barrier block an air attack I wind up grabbing the enemy which is always funny.

Do something jump cancel able and go with them if you want a block string. If not, grab. They will run out sooner or later. Usually sooner.

it's a big problem, jump startup is faster than jabs. once they get +4 or higher (probably from ib), its a free jump out of whatever it is you're doing.

Does barrier guage get consumed faster in the air? I ask because in GG, air FDs chewed up your tension very rapidly in comparison to ground FDs

I barrier jump like all the time just to get my Tager close towards my targets next towards all the other attacks i use (especially towards Hazama players that for some reason have a very hard time beating my Barrier jump). The point however is is that barrier jumping is kinda predictable and that you can beat the barrier jump by doing a air grab (although that can be broken) and/or 623 C in the case of Tager or simply doing a quick poke when they are about to attack. Also putting the barrier on for too long does have it's risks. @ Manta. I'm not sure, i haven't try it out yet.