Sign in to follow this  
Senxo

The Fighter Mentality

Remaining calm is essential as well. I've seen too many people just rage and panic when they're near dead and they just mash hoping something happens. This is when most people would forget proper openings in enemy comboes or anything like that. I've even done it once or twice but it takes a really close game to get me to do that. I won't lie, I have caught myself just trying to whip a 720C out of nowhere cause I was about to lose. Same goes for barrier bursts; you can't just do them randomly and hope for the best, you have to wait for the perfect time during an enemy's combo to burst and retaliate effective or else you just waste it.

aghhhh... I can't tell you how many times I've gotten pissed off when I lose a round to people i know I should be able to beat =___=

Anger makes me basically only go on offense... Not good all the time >_>

aghhhh... I can't tell you how many times I've gotten pissed off when I lose a round to people i know I should be able to beat =___=

Anger makes me basically only go on offense... Not good all the time >_>

i played some offline casuals and realize i IB almost all the time because i have a habit of blocking last second, thus allowing me to IB punish easily, now i sandbag the fuck out online because it hinders my punishing ability.

thanks seon for showing me how much online hinders me.

edit: when your mad and you wanna dominate then just get aggressive, if i wanna take the gloves off then i change my tune quick.

flexibility and offense

Agreed, I would also add respect, because i can't stand sore winners or losers.

And man, who is that woman in your avatar? she is pretty freakin' hot.:drool:

confidence without arrogance

Very important. Ego is probably the worst enemy of man.

By the way, has anyone hear read Seth Killian's threads on the SRK forum subsection Domination 101? I think most of them are at least a year old, but they're all very good. Good thing, I think, to delve into fighting game psychology. Helps you improve your playing. And by a lot.

confidence without arrogance

this.

I don't mind losing. I just think OK try harder, get better. I can't stand losing against someone who has already put themselves up on this high horse. As a matter of fact, playing against that person in general is just annoying. It really takes ALL of the fun out of the game.

I can't stand losing against someone who has already put themselves up on this high horse. As a matter of fact, playing against that person in general is just annoying. It really takes ALL of the fun out of the game.

Until you absolutely destroy them that is. That makes all the suffering worth it.

this topic made me realize that all these chutchs online are like Vegeta and im like Goku in a Prius just sneakin' up on dem bumbaclots

Hand-eye coordination, psyche, and mental attitude are the 3 most important things. Pratice alot, but practice to get better.Dont wonder why you lose, learn from your mistakes or you'll always suck. Choose characters that fit your style and personality, and dont try to learn more than 2 or 3 chars at first. ALWAYS KEEP A GOOD MENTALITY

Pretend your a fugitive on the run and if anyone happens to get in your way you kick their ass. If you lose the fight they make the hit list for your next encounter. Sadeyo Hit List- Yaya747 (V-13) Rei-Scarred (Bang) Nineball Infinite (Ragna) Outlaw Assassin (Tager) Halcione3 (Noel) Dreamskep (Arakune) There's more but these few should be popular.

The list continues The84pandas (V-13) Insoy (Rachel) Hadoolket (Litchi) Superkawaiidesu (Noel) Nxtrikcat ...SP? (Noel) WingSpade (Jin) Phagtas (Taokaka) More to come~ I challenged you long before I met any other Noels Halcione. I really thought you were like the one legit Noel that knew what they were doing before I was actually explored the ranks and player matches more.

List: Heroic_Legacy, Hadoolket (foppy) (Tager) Foppy's Litchi :8/: moshcore wtv he's called for harassing me (Rachel) Bludika (for lols, Carl) Zeth (Bang) Litchi and Tager players Foppyyyyyyyyyyyy

I really thought you were like the one legit Noel that knew what they were doing before I was actually explored the ranks and player matches more.

i wish :v:

though that was a rather blunt way to put it :gonk:

List:

SKD (noel)

outlawassassin (ragna)

wingspade (jin)

um.. I'd think of more but I'm really hooked on star ocean atm ._.

star ocean 4? you poor thing...oh god you poor thing.